• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I'm a little bit confused over how to place any room requests before arriving. I looked at the advanced check-in in MDE but that only gave options for high/ground floor and near bus or elevator - nowhere to express anything about buildings, sections, etc.

One of my questions is, if we are assigned a room before we arrive, is it very difficult to still go straight to the Check-in desk when we arrive and ask about possible preferences there? We will be on our honeymoon and would really like a King bed if it might be available, and we also have a separate continuing reservation due to the discount dates that we wanted to explain and hopefully keep our same room.

I guess essentially I'm asking, if they assign us something before we arrive, is it difficult to change later?

Hi all! I'm a little bit confused over how to place any room requests before arriving. I looked at the advanced check-in in MDE but that only gave options for high/ground floor and near bus or elevator.

One of my questions is, if we are assigned a room before we arrive, is it very difficult to still go straight to the Check-in desk when we arrive and ask about possible preferences there? We will be on our honeymoon and would really like a King bed if it might be available, and we also have a separate continuing reservation due to the discount dates that we wanted to explain and hopefully keep our same room.

I guess essentially I'm asking, if they assign us something before we arrive, is it difficult to change later?

In the Tower King is actually a bookable option, not sure about rest of resort.

It can't hurt to ask! But just be prepared in case they say yes you can upgrade to King but it will cost extra. :)

In the Tower King is actually a bookable option, not sure about rest of resort.

It can't hurt to ask! But just be prepared in case they say yes you can upgrade to King but it will cost extra. :)

We don't necessarily want the Tower :) Just wondering how difficult it is to change once a room has already been assigned.

Hi all! I'm a little bit confused over how to place any room requests before arriving. I looked at the advanced check-in in MDE but that only gave options for high/ground floor and near bus or elevator - nowhere to express anything about buildings, sections, etc.

Just curious, what room type did you book for both stays?

The easiest thing to do for room reservations is just call the main Disney reservation line and ask to have your room request noted on your reservation. There are services such a TouringPlans that offer a room request feature that many DISers use and swear by, but I personally find calling is the simplest option. But using something like TP can totally be a valid option as well.

In my opinion, I would ask for the following to be noted:

1) your room requests (I'd keep them relatively simple and limited... not a laundry list of items)
2) that you will have a continuing reservation with reservation #xxxxxxx
3) you will be celebrating your honeymoon

I would ignore/leave the online check-in room request options blank when you go to do online check-in. As you noted, the options are limited and often don't actually make sense for some room categories.

As to checking-in at the desk in person when there, yes... you can absolutely visit the front desk when you arrive, even if you've already received the room ready text/notice. Even before COVID, Disney has been hawking the whole "direct to your room" thing.... but that in no way means you can't also stop by the desk. In your case, I absolutely would stop by the front desk to go ahead and make sure the continuing reservation is noted. They may be able to call the room assignor right there to make sure you stay in the same room (if possible, although sometimes it's not). That would also be a good time to pick up some "I'm Celebrating..." pins, if so inclined.

Sorry if you already know everything I just said and I'm not really answering your question, just making sure!

As to being able to change rooms if you get assigned a room not to your liking... it's certainly possible, and with the resorts not running at the high occupancies they normally are, it is probably reasonably likely. But it very much depends on what type of room you booked and availability... some room types there are tons of... some not so much, so it just depends. If this were pre-COVID, I would say to keep expectations very low as the resorts were often so full, changing rooms becomes challenging. But the odds are in you favor given current occupancy levels, generally speaking.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Congratulations on your pending nuptials!

The first MK bus arrived at Casitas at 7:31am on Friday. It made all four internal stops, Made it to the MK at 7:53am and the bus was held outside the depot until 7:59am. We were through temp check at 8:04am, through bag check at 8:06am, through the tapstiles at 8:10am, and in line for Big Thunder at 8:18am. Ride opened at 8:49am.

For the return, we were at bus stop #18 at 8:27pm, bus arrived at 8:38pm, and we were back in the room at 8:56pm.

Thanks for these times, they are super helpful! Would love to know what/if you experience with doing buses for RD at HS. We are currently planning a split stay between CS and Swan with Swan to walk over for our HS/EP days, but honestly I the more I read about CS I might just like to stay at one resort the whole time...but am wary about getting to the HS later if relying on buses. We will have a car as well...

Just curious, what room type did you book for both stays?

The easiest thing to do for room reservations is just call the main Disney reservation line and ask to have your room request noted on your reservation. There are services such a TouringPlans that offer a room request feature that many DISers use and swear by, but I personally find calling is the simplest option. But using something like TP can totally be a valid option as well.

In my opinion, I would ask for the following to be noted:

1) your room requests (I'd keep them relatively simple and limited... not a laundry list of items)
2) that you will have a continuing reservation with reservation #xxxxxxx
3) you will be celebrating your honeymoon

I would ignore/leave the online check-in room request options blank when you go to do online check-in. As you noted, the options are limited and often don't actually make sense for some room categories.

As to checking-in at the desk in person when there, yes... you can absolutely visit the front desk when you arrive, even if you've already received the room ready text/notice. Even before COVID, Disney has been hawking the whole "direct to your room" thing.... but that in no way means you can't also stop by the desk. In your case, I absolutely would stop by the front desk to go ahead and make sure the continuing reservation is noted. They may be able to call the room assignor right there to make sure you stay in the same room (if possible, although sometimes it's not). That would also be a good time to pick up some "I'm Celebrating..." pins, if so inclined.

Sorry if you already know everything I just said and I'm not really answering your question, just making sure!

As to being able to change rooms if you get assigned a room not to your liking... it's certainly possible, and with the resorts not running at the high occupancies they normally are, it is probably reasonably likely. But it very much depends on what type of room you booked and availability... some room types there are tons of... some not so much, so it just depends. If this were pre-COVID, I would say to keep expectations very low as the resorts were often so full, changing rooms becomes challenging. But the odds are in you favor given current occupancy levels, generally speaking.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Congratulations on your pending nuptials!

Thank you!

We currently have a standard non tower room (2 Q) booked for both reservations. Since our first night had to be at the full rack rate before the discounts kick in the next day, we just didn't have it in the budget to spring for a higher level. I'm not opposed to upgrading for a fee later on, but just would want to know what it was at the check-in time before committing.

If we called to make a room request, we shouldn't note something that we didn't book for, right? I don't want to look stupid by requesting a Tower water view room when we booked a standard (and wouldn't expect that anyway!). I guess requesting a King room when we didn't book one would fall into that same category though...

Definitely want to get our buttons - we'll actually be checking in wearing our wedding clothes after a strange turn of events, so hopefully it will be pretty obvious what we're celebrating! :)

I had two separate reservations as well. Originally I was spending one night at ASMu but since not opening, they moved me to GDT and made a note to keep me in same room for my second reservation. SO I would call them and have them put a note in your reservation. They actually want to keep you in same room so it would be best to call

I had two separate reservations as well. Originally I was spending one night at ASMu but since not opening, they moved me to GDT and made a note to keep me in same room for my second reservation. SO I would call them and have them put a note in your reservation. They actually want to keep you in same room so it would be best to call

Great, thanks! How far ahead is best to call? We're more than 60 days out, so I don't want to be too early.

No one is staying there; don’t know why he stopped.

Today, at the Casitas stop at 6:48am, AK bus arrived at 6:55am. Only stopped at Casitas and GDT. Arrived at AK at 7:10am and through the tapstiles at 7:18am.
Thanks for your reports on busses. Really appreciate it! We'll be there in about 1.5 weeks. What time did you get to the bus stop for the MK bus? Were many people waiting?

Is there a separate line to wait for the bus for each park like at POP? We haven't been to CSR before. If anyone else has other experiences, I'd love to hear it.

Last edited:
Great, thanks! How far ahead is best to call? We're more than 60 days out, so I don't want to be too early.

You can’t make them too early. Sometimes it’s a good idea to go ahead and do it just so you don’t forget later on (or at least it is for me - since I always forget!) and one less thing to mentally keep track of when it comes to a Disney trip.

You do want to do it at least before around 5 days out as that is when rooms are assigned.

We currently have a standard non tower room (2 Q) booked for both reservations. Since our first night had to be at the full rack rate before the discounts kick in the next day, we just didn't have it in the budget to spring for a higher level. I'm not opposed to upgrading for a fee later on, but just would want to know what it was at the check-in time before committing.

Not to pry, and it sounds like you may have had some reasons you’ve booked the way you have, but is it at all possible to scrap your current reservations and book a king room? Since king is a bookable category even for standard rooms at CSR, that’s really the best way to make sure you get the room type you want. And they aren’t too much more than the regular rooms, generally speaking.

Thanks for these times, they are super helpful! Would love to know what/if you experience with doing buses for RD at HS. We are currently planning a split stay between CS and Swan with Swan to walk over for our HS/EP days, but honestly I the more I read about CS I might just like to stay at one resort the whole time...but am wary about getting to the HS later if relying on buses. We will have a car as well...
I will let you know tomorrow. I will be at the bus stop at 8:30am

Thanks for your reports on busses. Really appreciate it! We'll be there in about 1.5 weeks. What time did you get to the bus stop for the MK bus? Were many people waiting?

Is there a separate line to wait for the bus for each park like at POP? We haven't been to CSR before. If anyone else has other experiences, I'd love to hear it.
We got to the bus stop at 7:27am; one couple was waiting for an AK bus, and one other couple arrived after us for MK. There were only four of us for MK when then the bus arrived, 6 more people got on at the GDT stop.

There are no separate lines.

Just got back from a 6 night stay at Gran Destino Tower, so I thought I’d give my impressions.
As you can tell from photos, the building is gorgeous! Our room (standard view) was nice and clean and very spacious. I loved the wardrobe. There’s a huge empty space to the right of it that is perfect for storing a stroller. We had a room right around the corner from the elevator, so that was nice. We arrived on Sunday and the resort was pretty empty, but it filled as the week went on. I had a lot of opportunity to stroll the grounds and they are beautiful as well. It was my first time at CSR.

The bus situation was fine. Disney usually had employees there. The buses usually weren’t full, but it was hard to tell sometimes who got there first when the waiting groups got bigger. I wish they would implement those snake lines to better serve the people who got there first. But it wasn’t really an issue since there were so few people waiting. Our worse experience was Monday waiting for the bus to to HS. We got there around 8:45 for a bus only to find out that the first bus doesn’t run until 9:30! It was a long wait and lots more people filled up the space in those 45 minutes, but we did make it to HS and we’re in the park when it opened. We didn’t get the SW spaces in the virtual queue, so it didn’t really matter. All in all, no problems with buses but it is a negative to this resort that buses are the onot option. I can see this being a problem as the resort fills up.
Food situation was frustrating aspect of our stay. Not having a food court is a huge negative. It was just DH and I, so we made it work. We had two dinners at the Bridges restaurant. We really enjoyed it both times, but we only got one app, a drink for me and an entree for DH, so it didn’t really fill us up. (I don’t eat meat and my only entree option was a salad.) it was a great experience both times, but putting out $60 and leaving hungry was frustrating. We flew, so we didn’t have access to our car to make a grocery run. The food at the gift shop was slim pickings. If we had our car it wouldn’t have been so bad. I highly recommend bringing groceries like drinks and snacks if you’re staying there. The coffee machine worked great and luckily I brought some half n half for my coffee since they didn’t have it in gift shop (I brought the shelf stable kind). Disney provides Coffee Mate. We never made it to Dahlia Lounge. Both times we tried we were too early. We did the Barcelona Lounge one morning. DH got me a latte and scone. Both were excellent but service took half an hour. Wish there was an option to place a mobile order and pick up. We would have used that option a lot more. We never went to the sports bar, so I can’t comment on that. Our last night there we used the pool bar for dinner after a day on the magic kingdom. We were hungry and really missed having a food court at that moment. Halfway to the pool it started pouring, so we waited in rain to order and ate our food under an umbrella sitting on wet chairs. Plus we felt the need to tip, so a QS meal ended up costing $50.
The food options didn’t put that much of a damper on our stay, but it was an inconvenience when the hangriness set in. I would still recommend the resort for couples. If we brought our kids, we would have blown our food budget and been dealing with some non happy campers a lot of the time. We big QS people, so the lack of that option negatively affected our stay. If you’re not as into QS, you’ll be fine.
Overall it was a great stay. I’d definitely return...when the food court opens!

Just got back from a 6 night stay at Gran Destino Tower, so I thought I’d give my impressions.
As you can tell from photos, the building is gorgeous! Our room (standard view) was nice and clean and very spacious. I loved the wardrobe. There’s a huge empty space to the right of it that is perfect for storing a stroller. We had a room right around the corner from the elevator, so that was nice. We arrived on Sunday and the resort was pretty empty, but it filled as the week went on. I had a lot of opportunity to stroll the grounds and they are beautiful as well. It was my first time at CSR.

The bus situation was fine. Disney usually had employees there. The buses usually weren’t full, but it was hard to tell sometimes who got there first when the waiting groups got bigger. I wish they would implement those snake lines to better serve the people who got there first. But it wasn’t really an issue since there were so few people waiting. Our worse experience was Monday waiting for the bus to to HS. We got there around 8:45 for a bus only to find out that the first bus doesn’t run until 9:30! It was a long wait and lots more people filled up the space in those 45 minutes, but we did make it to HS and we’re in the park when it opened. We didn’t get the SW spaces in the virtual queue, so it didn’t really matter. All in all, no problems with buses but it is a negative to this resort that buses are the onot option. I can see this being a problem as the resort fills up.
Food situation was frustrating aspect of our stay. Not having a food court is a huge negative. It was just DH and I, so we made it work. We had two dinners at the Bridges restaurant. We really enjoyed it both times, but we only got one app, a drink for me and an entree for DH, so it didn’t really fill us up. (I don’t eat meat and my only entree option was a salad.) it was a great experience both times, but putting out $60 and leaving hungry was frustrating. We flew, so we didn’t have access to our car to make a grocery run. The food at the gift shop was slim pickings. If we had our car it wouldn’t have been so bad. I highly recommend bringing groceries like drinks and snacks if you’re staying there. The coffee machine worked great and luckily I brought some half n half for my coffee since they didn’t have it in gift shop (I brought the shelf stable kind). Disney provides Coffee Mate. We never made it to Dahlia Lounge. Both times we tried we were too early. We did the Barcelona Lounge one morning. DH got me a latte and scone. Both were excellent but service took half an hour. Wish there was an option to place a mobile order and pick up. We would have used that option a lot more. We never went to the sports bar, so I can’t comment on that. Our last night there we used the pool bar for dinner after a day on the magic kingdom. We were hungry and really missed having a food court at that moment. Halfway to the pool it started pouring, so we waited in rain to order and ate our food under an umbrella sitting on wet chairs. Plus we felt the need to tip, so a QS meal ended up costing $50.
The food options didn’t put that much of a damper on our stay, but it was an inconvenience when the hangriness set in. I would still recommend the resort for couples. If we brought our kids, we would have blown our food budget and been dealing with some non happy campers a lot of the time. We big QS people, so the lack of that option negatively affected our stay. If you’re not as into QS, you’ll be fine.
Overall it was a great stay. I’d definitely return...when the food court opens!

Excellent review. This will be our first visit to Grand Destino Tower and CSR and are very bummed about no food court as well. Our first day I can tell we will need to uber to the grocery store now and get milk, cereal, bottled water, juice, Red Bull’s, snacks, etc.
Thank you again for the review. 👍

Not to pry, and it sounds like you may have had some reasons you’ve booked the way you have, but is it at all possible to scrap your current reservations and book a king room? Since king is a bookable category even for standard rooms at CSR, that’s really the best way to make sure you get the room type you want. And they aren’t too much more than the regular rooms, generally speaking.

I understand. We did look at the posted King rates for our dates and it would be at minimum $500+ extra (6 nights), which just isn't in budget. I just thought perhaps if they had unbooked extras when we arrive in January, they might offer an upgrade for a lower amount. Definitely wouldn't expect anything though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter