Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

We’ve been at the Tower for 5 nights so far, and I noticed that I can’t get a hot shower if I’m up before 7. The best I can get is room temp. Is this normal? I’ll let it run for a while and it just won’t get hot. But if I shower after 7am, it’s hot within seconds. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?
No, that is not normal. Reach out to the front desk

I recently saw a video where the manager of El Mercado was asked about microwaves and he said that they are looking to bring them back
Could you possibly share where this video can be viewed? We will be there next month and I am fretting about the food court. We eat at the resort a lot and am very nervous about the inferior offerings at El Mercado right now. Is it still all grab and go with no fresh food being served?

Could you possibly share where this video can be viewed? We will be there next month and I am fretting about the food court. We eat at the resort a lot and am very nervous about the inferior offerings at El Mercado right now. Is it still all grab and go with no fresh food being served?
Cold salads and some sandwiches are in fridge cases and hot items are in the open brown cartons sitting out under lights. I was in El Mercado last night and they had cardboard containers with brisket and fries sitting out under lights and it looked very dried out. I asked CM behind counter if I could get a fresh chicken tender/fries meal and she insisted that what was out was “very fresh” and that they on,y put out a few at a time and they are only there for short time....what I saw certainly looked dried out to me! when she did not give me a fresh meal I left and went over to Rix Sports bar...the burger there was good but served on a large Kaiser roll and we prefer the softer brioche rolls. Years ago when they had the Pepper Market the food was really good...the food was good before they started the “grab and go” other resort food courts seem to be offering fresh made food but not El Mercado.

We’ve been at the Tower for 5 nights so far, and I noticed that I can’t get a hot shower if I’m up before 7. The best I can get is room temp. Is this normal? I’ll let it run for a while and it just won’t get hot. But if I shower after 7am, it’s hot within seconds. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

I'm also at GDT right now and had the same issue one evening. Mid-morning has been no problem (9 or 10 am), but one night we had a 9 pm dinner and i showered before at around 8 pm and the water was tepid. I let it run for 10 minutes turned all the way to hot and it just never warmed up. I chalked it up to maybe a lot of people bathing their kids or taking showers at that time. Fwiw, this is our third time staying in the tower and i don't recall ever having this issue before.

El Mercado is terrible this trip. My husband got chicken fingers that were so cold he couldn't even eat them. I got the nachos and they were somehow bland and spicy at the same time. We used to get the rice bowls a couple times per trip but they're gone - it's now just gross prepackaged stuff. The staff there have been super rude. They also keep running out of stuff, like the carafes of hot chocolate.

Luckily the other restaurants we've been to have been great (three bridges, toledo, small plates at dahlia). But sometimes we're tired and just want a grab and go, and it's disappointing El Mercado has been so bad we won't even bother.

I was in El Mercado last night and they had cardboard containers with brisket and fries sitting out under lights and it looked very dried out. I asked CM behind counter if I could get a fresh chicken tender/fries meal and she insisted that what was out was “very fresh” and that they on,y put out a few at a time and they are only there for short time....what I saw certainly looked dried out to me! when she did not give me a fresh meal I left and went over to Rix Sports bar...

Kevin says you dodged a bullet avoiding the chicken tenders. I've never seen him leave that much food behind before. 🤣.

Mostly i just wanted to say hi, and thanks again for the lysol and sanitizer last year. For the past year, that story has been my example of how there really are nice people in the world.

Kevin says you dodged a bullet avoiding the chicken tenders. I've never seen him leave that much food behind before. 🤣.

Mostly i just wanted to say hi, and thanks again for the lysol and sanitizer last year. For the past year, that story has been my example of how there really are nice people in the world.

a man sitting at the table next to uswas eating the chicken tenders let out a yell and said he bit down on a hard piece of the batter on his chicken tender and broke his tooth!

oh my gosh you are sooo welcome it was a pleasure to meet you and your husband I’m glad I could help! Hope you are having a great trip! I‘m looking forward to a warmer tomorrow!

a man sitting at the table next to uswas eating the chicken tenders let out a yell and said he bit down on a hard piece of the batter on his chicken tender and broke his tooth!

oh my gosh you are sooo welcome it was a pleasure to meet you and your husband I’m glad I could help! Hope you are having a great trip! I‘m looking forward to a warmer tomorrow!

Yikes! Maybe Kevin dodged the bullet by not finishing his chicken.

We are leaving tomorrow morning so you're guaranteed good weather the rest of the week. 😉

We did have a really good trip, despite the terrible weather and the crazy crowds. When we checked in we did a spur of the moment upgrade from a standard room to the tower, and I'm glad we did - we really love it here. Just being in the tower relaxes me.

I hope you also have a great trip. If our paths cross again and we find out before my checkout day we'll have to grab a drink or a coffee or something. 🙂.

Yikes! Maybe Kevin dodged the bullet by not finishing his chicken.

We are leaving tomorrow morning so you're guaranteed good weather the rest of the week. 😉

We did have a really good trip, despite the terrible weather and the crazy crowds. When we checked in we did a spur of the moment upgrade from a standard room to the tower, and I'm glad we did - we really love it here. Just being in the tower relaxes me.

I hope you also have a great trip. If our paths cross again and we find out before my checkout day we'll have to grab a drink or a coffee or something. 🙂.

sounds great! Travel Safe!!!

No. The Tower does not have that channel For some reason CSR doesn't get the resort channel that the other hotels have anymore.
You can click on an icon on the screen to see info about the park, but nope, no fun channel.
Wait the famous and popular resort loop with the Disney tunes and park hours is NOT accessible at grand destino??

Wait the famous and popular resort loop with the Disney tunes and park hours is NOT accessible at grand destino??

CSR has different televisions than all the other resorts on property have. They are missing the "fun loop" but they try to make up for it with fancy features! When you arrive you will see a custom welcome screen with the name of your party. You will also be able to stream from your phone and do a few other cool things (I am not super tech savvy so I don't know all of the features). One thing we enjoyed last time we stayed (on the old side) was the short Disney stories you can stream- my son who was 2 at the time loved it! The stories are similar to the ones you can stream on an alexa device using the "Disney Stories" ap. I think the fancy TVs are to appease the convention crowd.

Hope this helps!

Last weekend dh and I got away from the cold and snow for a quick weekend at CSR,

King rooms are so nice with the extra seating area!

No honey you can’t get food when you arrive at 11:30 pm. At least the deluxe we have stayed at have not had food other than GF room service. However I use the APP often so I checked and wow! Three Bridges was open and accepted mobile ordering up until midnight. NICE!
Pix of room and the bar.

‘Well I’m in bath pic but you can’t see my face? The solar gel has not been in many of the deluxe rooms post Covid.

5F6C665F-24E0-4EB4-BAEB-FF1310C500E4.jpegAD65ED4A-3EB6-4D51-BEA5-55B3E8386E95.jpeg4A2CF94F-4F3D-415B-817B-366E40E1D3CA.jpeg66FA1636-CDE0-43D4-9C9A-DBADF2BCAD58.jpeg1564F4BA-1F10-492A-9AD2-2B0F9DB4BF02.jpegA4987425-8F5B-42FE-9EB7-12124EA94E79.jpeg972EB1F1-FB21-462A-9634-577316F89AEC.jpeg615C564E-FD69-4251-9044-40B0D9B4771B.jpegD2C66129-B89F-48BC-8BAC-7D1F38E328B3.jpeg

We have been staying at CSR for many years, I have been in each section and tower now both cl and non cl.

I’m mostly going to compare Grand Destino to deluxe because it’s going to be my go to for many upcoming trips.
Why?
1st the arrival. From lobby door to elevator, wait for elevator and to your room is shorter than anywhere wdw!

2nd food and drink options! Like really there are so many! Use that APP! It’s nice to check out menus before you arrive so you have an idea of your options and times.

‘We ended up at RIX 3 times for a quick weekend. Food was hot, fresh and just so tasty! Prices are good too.

Here are pix of breakfast and 2 different lunches. The fish was so crispy and juicy!
Oh you can get a RIX salad which is not on the menu. It’s a basic tossed with blue cheese. 2nd day I asked for it without . The house vinaigrette was good too. CDA56AAF-C874-4D8F-A5B2-9448BE7374C0.jpeg1589A039-2A72-4F95-B189-070DD05E384E.jpeg794B3A9D-5D99-4616-B7D7-D90AE6AFE1C6.jpegFACBF201-471F-44F2-96E5-94032CC2DE9E.jpeg16CF8ACB-6D50-41AC-841E-73CFC198C1DC.jpeg36644968-B293-49F8-B303-F1A8F2D40134.jpeg8F24EAAD-B73E-4CAF-8835-2477FF43FEBE.jpeg

Some other notes. I called for things a few times from housekeeping. They delivered FAST!

Rooms are just so big ! Dh can be fussy but really enjoyed the stay, we missed deluxe and club level, something we often do. However there was so many drink and food options it was hard to decide.

It was super cold last weekend so no pool for us lol but in the past CSR was one of my fav pool spots!

Last edited:
We have been staying at CSR for many years, I have been in each section and tower now both cl and non cl.

I’m mostly going to compare Grand Destino to deluxe because it’s going to be my go to for many upcoming trips.
Why?
1st the arrival. From lobby door to elevator, wait for elevator and to your room is shorter than anywhere wdw!

2nd food and drink options! Like really there are so many! Use that APP! It’s nice to check out menus before you arrive so you have an idea of your options and times.

‘We ended up at RIX 3 times for a quick weekend. Food was hot, fresh and just so tasty! Prices are good too.

Here are pix of breakfast and 2 different lunches. The fish was so crispy and juicy!
Oh you can get a RIX salad which is not on the menu. It’s a basic tossed with blue cheese. 2nd day I asked for it without . The house vinaigrette was good too. View attachment 644753View attachment 644754View attachment 644755View attachment 644756View attachment 644757View attachment 644758View attachment 644759

Those waffle fries at Rix are so good! Especially the watchos! I had some on my last day after I hung out at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter