Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Hi,
Returning to CSR soon after quite a long time away (10 years 😢). Really looking forward to it.
Can you get an Uber/Lyft from your building or do you have to go to the front of the hotel?
We are sending the children over to 🤫 universal early one morning and need a 6am pick up 😵.
Thanks
Ela

Hi,
Returning to CSR soon after quite a long time away (10 years 😢). Really looking forward to it.
Can you get an Uber/Lyft from your building or do you have to go to the front of the hotel?
We are sending the children over to 🤫 universal early one morning and need a 6am pick up 😵.
Thanks
Ela
We just returned last week and you still need to meet Uber/Lyft in front of Grand Destino Tower as there are entry gates preventing cars from accessing other buildings. However you can catch any “Park” bus at the bus stop closest to your room and then just get off the bus at the Grand Destino building. Busses begin running an hour prior to park opening so for a 6am pick up you would have to take your kids over to GDT.

Hi,
Thanks
Ela
When I use rideshare the pick up always defaults to resort lobby,

Keep in mind Wdw hotels almost always have a cab standing by. So if a rideshare not available look for one or ask the guys outside , they will flag one down.

There has been a few times this was a faster option. It’s slightly more expensive but when time is of the essence it is worth it.

We just returned last week and you still need to meet Uber/Lyft in front of Grand Destino Tower as there are entry gates preventing cars from accessing other buildings. However you can catch any “Park” bus at the bus stop closest to your room and then just get off the bus at the Grand Destino building. Busses begin running an hour prior to park opening so for a 6am pick up you would have to take your kids over to GDT.
Thank you.

Keep in mind Wdw hotels almost always have a cab standing by. So if a rideshare not available look for one or ask the guys outside , they will flag one down.

There has been a few times this was a faster option. It’s slightly more expensive but when time is of the essence it is worth it.
Thank you, will keep the taxi option in mind

sometimes the Uber app will default to a pick up at “Cabanas” this is because the site where Grand Destino is standing used to be part of the Cabanas before 2 of the buildings were torn down to make room for the Tower. So don’t worry if the app shows your pick up at Cabanas it’s really in front of the Tower Lobby.

Yeah, CSR has the "new generation" TV setup that is different than other resorts. I think Riv also has the same setup but I'm not positive about that as I haven't stayed there.

I had expected the other resorts that have been renovated since GDT/CSR to also have new TV setups, but they haven't.... so... :confused3

Is that all of CSR or just the tower?

I really like that channel but will live without it. We are staying in a regular room.

How have the buses been lately?

I have stayed x2 for Conferences, but it has been a while. The bus service was always top notch, hoping it's still very good.

What time does 3 Bridges close for food service? We plan on flying in at night. Landing around 8 pm. Getting a car service so hoping to be at the hotel by 9ish. What would our food options be at that time?

How have the buses been lately?

I have stayed x2 for Conferences, but it has been a while. The bus service was always top notch, hoping it's still very good.
We were there 1/21-1/28 and it was hit and miss. Some mornings you would be waiting for your bus to EPCOT (for example) and see 3-4 busses for HS pull up. A couple of mornings, we Ubered to MK. The wait time on the screen they display at the bus stop kept bumping to later and later. Someone said a lady had been waiting almost an hour for a MK bus. We just kind of played it by ear and if we gave it a while and the time kept adjusting to later, we would get an Uber.

We were there 1/21-1/28 and it was hit and miss. Some mornings you would be waiting for your bus to EPCOT (for example) and see 3-4 busses for HS pull up. A couple of mornings, we Ubered to MK. The wait time on the screen they display at the bus stop kept bumping to later and later. Someone said a lady had been waiting almost an hour for a MK bus. We just kind of played it by ear and if we gave it a while and the time kept adjusting to later, we would get an Uber.
Thank you for the update. We used to use the Minnie Van Service at the Boardwalk as the bus systems there are pretty bad. Sounds like we might use Uber as well. Thank you!

Thanks for this update. I've been debating if I should Uber to Magical Kingdom from CSR or take the complimentary bus. I just want to ensure I am in the front for early entry rope drop to capitalize on getting in as many attractions as possible before the complete park opening. I have been hearing the parks have been packed more so than usual even during traditional offpeak times.

Thanks for this update. I've been debating if I should Uber to Magical Kingdom from CSR or take the complimentary bus. I just want to ensure I am in the front for early entry rope drop to capitalize on getting in as many attractions as possible before the complete park opening. I have been hearing the parks have been packed more so than usual even during traditional offpeak times.

when we stayed here last July, we never had an issue picking up a bus to any park in front of grand destino. we may have waited 5 minutes and it was a pretty efficient trip. I don't believe an uber can drop you off as close to the entrance as a bus can

when we stayed here last July, we never had an issue picking up a bus to any park in front of grand destino. we may have waited 5 minutes and it was a pretty efficient trip. I don't believe an uber can drop you off as close to the entrance as a bus can

They can't, from what I have read, they have drop you off at the TTC and you have to take the monorail, boat, or bus from TTC to the Magical Kingdom vs. the resort buses dropping you off where the transportation from the TTC would drop you off at. I'm thinking of only doing Uber for MK one time (I will be there for 6 days, 5 nights). The only reason I entertained the idea is to just be ahead of the early entry lines that one day. I just wish the buses started operating earlier than just 45 minutes before the park opens. If it would start 45 minutes before early entry starts that would be a game-changer for me. But if I was mistaken on when the buses truly start to run let me know.

What time does 3 Bridges close for food service? We plan on flying in at night. Landing around 8 pm. Getting a car service so hoping to be at the hotel by 9ish. What would our food options be at that time?
Check the app but for our arrival Thursday End of January it was available to mobile order until midnight, we arrived after 11pm so that was nice. The bar still was open as well.

They can't, from what I have read, they have drop you off at the TTC and you have to take the monorail, boat, or bus from TTC to the Magical Kingdom vs. the resort buses dropping you off where the transportation from the TTC would drop you off at. I'm thinking of only doing Uber for MK one time (I will be there for 6 days, 5 nights). The only reason I entertained the idea is to just be ahead of the early entry lines that one day. I just wish the buses started operating earlier than just 45 minutes before the park opens. If it would start 45 minutes before early entry starts that would be a game-changer for me. But if I was mistaken on when the buses truly start to run let me know.
Can you use Uber to get to Grand Floridan or Contemporary and walk from there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter