Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Yippee we needed this ! Thanks girlfriend! Hope we hanging out at the pool or lounge together soon!

I’ll be there in a week so let me know if need pix etc.
Lucky! Our border is still closed :sad: So I’m not going anywhere. I have Hard Rock booked for Universal late Nov, not looking promising. Canceled Aug WDW, rebooked for next August, no idea if it is happening ugh.

Hi All! Glad I found this thread. My man and I are staying at GF Villas in a few weeks. Can anyone give me some insight into the better studio rooms I can request for our stay? Of course, we have a standard room.

Hi All! Glad I found this thread. My man and I are staying at GF Villas in a few weeks. Can anyone give me some insight into the better studio rooms I can request for our stay? Of course, we have a standard room.

Welcome!! So exciting about your upcoming trip! What do you mean by ‘better studio rooms?’ Do you mean views?

Personally I like the ones on the end facing Poly. However the villas mostly have good rooms with just a few with an odd view. If you look at the VGF thread of room numbers it would be handy to have arrival day, it’s much easier to get the text and check and request a change before you go to the room.

Here is the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49955749&postcount=1

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know I updated Page 1 to include Laundry Locations throughout the GF Property. Each location is clickable, providing a redirect to Laundryview.com for each laundry location. I will be working on Room Views next.

If there is anything else you'd like to see on Page 1, please feel free to share your ideas. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Welcome!! So exciting about your upcoming trip! What do you mean by ‘better studio rooms?’ Do you mean views?
Thank you, I am too! Very excited to stay at the GF, as well. And yes, wondering about the better views/location room to request at the villas. If even possible.
Also does anyone know where on-site to get oysters? Narcoosee’s does not have them on the menu (how?! Lol).

I read that the little boats to and from Magic Kingdom are running again. How early in the morning do they begin? THANKS!

Thank you, I am too! Very excited to stay at the GF, as well. And yes, wondering about the better views/location room to request at the villas. If even possible.
Also does anyone know where on-site to get oysters? Narcoosee’s does not have them on the menu (how?! Lol).

As far as Oysters, The Boathouse at Disney Springs has them...
https://www.theboathouseorlando.com/menu/
As far as location, I’d usually ask for a fireworks view, but since they are not currently available, I’d definitely ask for a water view or Poly view, if possible. Check out this board... they have been compiling VGF views for quite awhile now, and you might be able to see something you like!!! Good luck!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-villas-views-revised-07-22-2017.3192814/

I have asked this elsewhere, but can someone check AP rates for me for Nov. 9-13 at either the CR, WL DVC or Poly DVC? My AP has not yet been activated due to Covid and cancelled trips (4, in fact) and I can't seem to access the ability to check rates.
I could check rates last year even before I had activated the AP and don't know why I can't this year.
Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter