Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Hi! Question about theme park view rooms.

Can you see the Happily Ever After fireworks from all of the theme park view rooms? Can you hear the music? What about electric water pageant?

Thanks in advance!
Yes to fireworks, depending on which building you see more of the pageant, Boca Chica sees the whole pageant show as it faces the larger lagoon area. You cannot hear music, but I've read that one of the TV channels plays it and want to try on our next trip. .

Can you see the Happily Ever After fireworks from all of the theme park view rooms? Can you hear the music? What about electric water pageant?

Thanks in advance!

Yes to fireworks, depending on which building you see more of the pageant, Boca Chica sees the whole pageant show as it faces the larger lagoon area. You cannot hear music, but I've read that one of the TV channels plays it and want to try on our next trip. .
Both my Conch and BC TPV rooms had views of both. BPK as well but those are now dvc studios,

My TPV main building I can not see ewp so I usually run to BC and watch from back door of its lobby on the stairs.

Thanks in advance!
I was able to see a bit of the Electrical Water Pageant from my deluxe king room in the main building a couple of years ago, but it was so tiny that I ended up running downstairs to the seating area near Gaspy's to get a better view.

Is there a way to add club level to an existing room only reservation? Right now there are no rooms with club level when we want to go. Is this like an add on we can pay for?

How much of the construction is still left on the property? How much will be left by June? Is it obstructive?

What time do the quick service restaurants close during the summer days?
Gasparilla has been closing at 12am. The "late night dining" menu is usually in effect 10pm - 12am.
Is there a way to add club level to an existing room only reservation? Right now there are no rooms with club level when we want to go. Is this like an add on we can pay for?
No, the only WDW resort that does this is WL. You would need to book a CL room prior to arrival or ask to upgrade to a CL room at check-in pending availability. You cannot just add it to an exiting outer building reservation. All the regular CL rooms are in the main building. Only outer building suites have CL access.
How much of the construction is still left on the property? How much will be left by June? Is it obstructive?
Based on the "pardon our pixie dust" emails it seems like June could be prime lobby construction time.

What am I missing? What construction? Meant to be staying there in August 😬
GF Resort and Spa has been under refurbishment since 2022 starting with the Big Pine Key building being converted to DVC. Every guest room has been updated. All roof shingles have been ripped off and replaced. Tons of scaffolding surrounded the main building while windows in restaurants were covered. The final portion seems to be lobby construction on the first floor which has not yet started. The Grand Cottage returned for the Easter season and guests have been getting emails from Feb check-ins through Sep check-ins about lobby construction. If you have a reservation before the Christmas season I think it is safe to assume you will see some sort of construction. I would imagine Disney wants the lobby completed so the tree and gingerbread house can return.

GF Resort and Spa has been under refurbishment since 2022 starting with the Big Pine Key building being converted to DVC. Every guest room has been updated. All roof shingles have been ripped off and replaced. Tons of scaffolding surrounded the main building while windows in restaurants were covered. The final portion seems to be lobby construction on the first floor which has not yet started. The Grand Cottage returned for the Easter season and guests have been getting emails from Feb check-ins through Sep check-ins about lobby construction. If you have a reservation before the Christmas season I think it is safe to assume you will see some sort of construction. I would imagine Disney wants the lobby completed so the tree and gingerbread house can return.
Thanks for your reply. I thought they had done the lobby already, I was only there in October and it had had fresh paint then.

We just got back last night/this morning. I asked at check in on this trip and the one prior in January. The “suit” who checked me in said that while, occasionally, they may have granted it in the past, with new remodel they were being strict about the access.

I asked what the cost would be to upgrade my reservation to a CL room and was told $3000 for the 3 nights for a Deluxe King. No thank you- I was very happy in Boca Chica!

Pricing announced for the reopening of 1900 Park Fare character Breakfast buffet at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort

Disney has confirmed breakfast buffet pricing for the April 10, 2024 reopening of 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World.

Breakfast is $54 and $34 for ages 3-9 plus tax and tip. Previous pricing from pre-pandemic was $45 and $29. 1900 Park fare is on the Disney Dining Plan and requires 1 credit.

Pricing for dinner is still to be announced.

1900 Park Fare Reservation Details

Reservations are available for breakfast and dinner from 8 am to 12 pm and 4 pm to 9 pm daily. 1900 Park fare is on the Disney Dining Plan and requires 1 credit.

Disney characters appearing at 1900 Park Fare will include Aladdin in his Prince Ali attire, Cinderella, Mirabel, and Tiana, showcasing her new look for Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Last edited:
Staying here at the end of May. DVC resort studio TPV. Is the pathway to the MK open & expected to stay open (was closed last yr at this time).

Also, how’s the walkway to Poly? Expected open date for that?

Also, are the open air water taxis back? Last yr end of May…they were the larger friendship style boats…enclosed. Wouldn’t ride b/c I wanted the open air/ breeze. But later in the summer or maybe fall, they had the open air small boats again….doing the MK-GF-Poly route. What are guests experiencing now?

Staying here at the end of May. DVC resort studio TPV. Is the pathway to the MK open & expected to stay open (was closed last yr at this time).

Also, how’s the walkway to Poly? Expected open date for that?

Also, are the open air water taxis back? Last yr end of May…they were the larger friendship style boats…enclosed. Wouldn’t ride b/c I wanted the open air/ breeze. But later in the summer or maybe fall, they had the open air small boats again….doing the MK-GF-Poly route. What are guests experiencing now?
Path to MK is open. It was only closed temporarily due to construction of buildings that ran alongside the path.

Poly/GF pathway is still closed, due to construction at Poly. I’d assume it will not reopen until work is complete. No reopening dates given.

I was at GF 3 times last year and we had both boats during the course of our stays.

Enjoy!

Full List of 2024 Easter Treats Coming to Walt Disney World

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Gasparilla Island Grill (Mobile order available)
  • Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup: Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, and cookies ‘n cream pieces with springtime décor (Plant-based) (Currently available through April 1)
  • Fruity Cereal Pop: Fruity cereal crisped treat (Currently available through April 6)
The Grand Cottage
  • Bunny Pop Flower Pot: Chocolate flower pot filled with jelly beans and three chocolate bunny pops (New) (Currently available through April 1)
  • Fruity Cereal Mickey Pop: Mickey-shaped fruity cereal crisped treat (Currently available through April 6)
  • The Easter Treat Box: Dark chocolate-filled bunny, carrot blondie pop, marshmallow pop, carrot cake chocolate bark, confetti pop, and meringue nests (Currently available through April 1)
  • Easter Marshmallow Pop: Three large marshmallows dipped in a yellow chocolate coating topped with Easter quins (Currently available through April 1)
  • Bunny Burrow Dirt Cup: Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate buttercream, and cookies ‘n cream pieces with springtime décor (Plant-based) (Currently available through April 1)
  • The Grand Egg: White chocolate egg filled with jelly beans sprayed in spring colors (Currently available through April 1)

I was at GF 3 times last year and we had both boats during the course of our stays.

Enjoy!
Yes the have both sizes running/alternating. Keep in mind the big boat does have open seating in the front and back.
@PrincessP

Came back to add that for fireworks sometimes they use a larger boat that is used for the pirate adventure thingy. Usually only a few trips to relieve congestion.

We are finally returning to the GF for the first time since early 2020 and I could not be more excited! Can anyone point me to the schedule for CL offerings? I searched this thread and the CL thread but I might not have used the right terminology. They have eliminated the afternoon tea, correct? Thank you!

We are finally returning to the GF for the first time since early 2020 and I could not be more excited! Can anyone point me to the schedule for CL offerings? I searched this thread and the CL thread but I might not have used the right terminology. They have eliminated the afternoon tea, correct? Thank you!
There is not a schedule for gf. The times are the same as other resorts apps 5-7, desserts 8-10 etc.

Still no tea time.

Also they did have soup and cold cuts for a while for midday but after reopening of remodel it was eliminated.

I would scroll back and look at pix from this fall to current. Those food and drink pix will be most accurate.

HI Beth!

There is not a schedule for gf. The times are the same as other resorts apps 5-7, desserts 8-10 etc.

Still no tea time.

Also they did have soup and cold cuts for a while for midday but after reopening of remodel it was eliminated.

I would scroll back and look at pix from this fall to current. Those food and drink pix will be most accurate.

HI Beth!
Will do, @trishadono ! Thanks so much for the info. It’s nice to “see” you! I love that you and your dd are still at it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter