Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

goofy4tink said:
Okay, just want to be absolutely sure about this...when you guys are saying that your luggage tags don't have the 'remove this section' on each end, only on one end..you are looking at the whole, entire tag, correct? I had a friend who thought that you ripped each one of those strips in half, making 4 luggage tags!! Then she had 4 tags that were about 3" long...a little hard to wrap around the handles!! Each tag strip should be about 18" long, and about 8" or so when folded in half, with the ends stuck together.
Not trying to make anyone look dopey, but I have had some who got it confused...don't want to see that happen to anyone here :thumbsup2

Well, I have been known to do some pretty dopey things but this isn't one of them. My tags, in fact, are only printed and perforated on one end (the bottom as a matter of fact) As I said, I have compared mine to my friend's tags and they are missing the printing on the top of each of my 6 tags. (2 for each of the 3 of us) It sounds like AmyM's tags came out the same way,

Yep mine are as emagirl described. Wierd huh?

I'm so glad I found this thread :cool1:
I was just thinking "I wish they had a DME for Dummies book" :rotfl: (me being the dummy!)

This has been a great help. :goodvibes

I received my DME booklet and tags for my 11/4/06 trip!

There are some differences in the tags between when I first used DME on 5/08/05 and today's tags.

The older tags were bound into the booklet as pages. The new tags are on separate sheets of paper not attached to the booklet in any way.

The older tags were about 2 inches wide by about 8 3/8 inches long. The new tags are still about 2 inches wide but are much longer than the old ones -- they're 16 inches long, almost TWICE as long as the older ones. The difference is that the old tags listed all of the info only once. The new tags, when folded over as instructed, display ALL of the info (including all the barcodes) on each side. In other words, you can see all of the info without having to hold the tag and turn it.

Both sets of tags have 3 barcodes, two of one and another unique one. The older tags had the identical barcodes one immediately under the Mickey head at the top of the tag and the other near the bottom of the tag. These two identical barcodes also had the same 4-digit number under each. The third (unique) barcode was smaller, was located at the VERY bottom edge of the tag, and had an 18-digit number printed under it in small-ish print.

The new tags also have three barcodes (but on each half, so actually 6 total), 2 identical and one unique, but they are oriented differently. The two identical barcodes are now together, one above the other, at the tippy-top of the tag. The one at the top is printed vertically and the one immediately under it is printed horizontally. There are no numbers beneath either of them. Under that is the large Mickey head, then the name of the resort, then the small, unique barcode still with a small 18-digit number under it. Under that is the name on the reservation, then the name of the individual (so in my case it lists my name twice), then the arrival date, then the reservation number and finally under that is another number, a 12-digit number that I don't recognize -- it's the same on all of our tags.

Also, there is some tiny printing just above the Mickey head. On mine is "DD1-4", on my wife's is "DD2-4" and so on down to the 4th member of our party who's tag is labeled "DD4-4".

Just thought someone might want to know the very latest stuff. Sorry to bore you with such arcane details.

Oh, and on the backs of the tags there are "REMOVE THIS PORTION ONLY" sections on BOTH ends of the tags, not just one end. The instructions clearly state to remove the backing from both sections and stick those sections to each other.

CleveRocks said:
I received my DME booklet and tags for my 11/4/06 trip!

I received mine yesterday as well! :cool1: Now I need to find someplace to keep them for the next month so I can remember where I put them. The planning binder I made up for this trip is way too fat to keep them in there.

Hi all,

I just got my tags last night for our DVC trip in November. As luck would have it, today I got a room on my waitlist, so DVC rebooked me and gave me a different confirmation number. We are staying at the same resort in the same type of room.

DVC tells me to keep the tags I already have even though our confirmation changed. WIll I have a problem? Thanks!

I would keep the tags, use them but call DME to give them the new conf. number. Then, mention it again when you check in at the DME desk at MCO. When you talk to DME, they may just send you new tags since you aren't going until Nov. Don't you just love the waitlist?? It's never failed me yet.

JandD Mom said:
Hi all,

I just got my tags last night for our DVC trip in November. As luck would have it, today I got a room on my waitlist, so DVC rebooked me and gave me a different confirmation number. We are staying at the same resort in the same type of room.

DVC tells me to keep the tags I already have even though our confirmation changed. WIll I have a problem? Thanks!
DME's reservations are a separate entity. All they had to do was update the DME reservation to link to the new DVC reservation. So when they scan the tags, it links to the new reservation.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
DME's reservations are a separate entity. All they had to do was update the DME reservation to link to the new DVC reservation. So when they scan the tags, it links to the new reservation.

I just went from room only to a package, different reservation # (POP). I was told I should just use my old DME tags since the resort isn't changing.

How do I get my DME reservation linked to my new resort reservation? Should I call DME? Tell the CM at the DME desk at MCO? Tell the CM when I check in at POP? The CSR told me I don't have to do anything but she had to put me on hold for 20 minutes so could find out what to do. My plan was to just alert the CM at MCO.

I'd just call DME and verify they have the right resort confirmation number, just to be on the safe side.

Hi,

We will be flying from Thailand via JFK and arrived in MCO later in the afternoon. I have read all comments and I am very thankful for all information I've got. :thumbsup2

However, My litter sister will be flying in from Washington D.C. (where she study) late that night. Her arrival time is 11:50pm. :sad2:

My dad wants me to pick her up, eventhough we have registered her for DME service. :groom: What are my options?

1. Would I be able to catch a DME's bus to MCO and wait for my little sister and come back on DME's bus with her?

2. Do I have to arrange my own transportation to and from airport?

Please comments and advise.

Thanks

Welcome to the DIS boards!!!!
I think you would be better off just having your sister take DME herself. It seems that she is pretty able to get around on her own. If you try to take DME back to MCO in order to travel back to WDW with her, you will lose your return to the airport for your own flight. Each person on a WDW reservation is entitled to a ride to your resort from MCO and then a ride back to MCO from the resort...no more than that.
So...if your sister is on the resort reservation, she can ride DME when she arrives. Not sure what you want to do about her luggage tags. I would have her go without them, and have her go to baggage claim, get her own bags and then head to the DME checkin area. Her luggage can then go underneath the same bus she travels on. Be sure she has her own voucher though. You may want to make her a copy of the airport info that is in the packet you get from DME, as well as her own voucher.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Thank you goofy4tink.

I called booked DME for our trip. However, when I was about to give them my little sister's flight number, the guy on the phone said "just tell her to give the person at DME's desk your reservation number and very thing will be taken care of".

I am just wonder:

1. Is it OK to just show up? I thought I have read somewhere on this board that you need to make reservation to be eligible for DME.

2. I also thougth the DME's desk is closed after 11pm and when I asked the guy on the phone, he said "Yes, they will be open".

Thanks you for all comments :thumbsup2

fqmm1974 said:
Thank you goofy4tink.

I called booked DME for our trip. However, when I was about to give them my little sister's flight number, the guy on the phone said "just tell her to give the person at DME's desk your reservation number and very thing will be taken care of".

I am just wonder:

1. Is it OK to just show up? I thought I have read somewhere on this board that you need to make reservation to be eligible for DME.

2. I also thougth the DME's desk is closed after 11pm and when I asked the guy on the phone, he said "Yes, they will be open".

Thanks you for all comments :thumbsup2

1. As long as your sister is listed on your resort reservation, she will be listed on the DME reservation. DME does not need all the different flight info, at least that's how it worked for my husband and daughter in May.

2. The DME checkin desk is open 24 hours. The wait for a bus may be a bit longer, but not a lot longer, because there are fewer people traveling. But, I think you may be surprised at how many people arrive late at night.

Hope all goes well for your family and you have a most magical trip!!

How far ahead should I call to get my luggage tags? I am about 8 weeks out at this point.

golden1 said:
How far ahead should I call to get my luggage tags? I am about 8 weeks out at this point.
No reason to wait. Do it now. You're not calling for luggage tags, you're calling to make a DME reservation.

Tyler; I got my tags yesterday and they have mis-spelled my last name by one letter. Should call them or can I just print the correct spelling above the wrong one? Also they have my orig flight number which has changed and I am now coming in an hour later then before. Do I need to call them for this?

Hugpug said:
Tyler; I got my tags yesterday and they have mis-spelled my last name by one letter. Should call them or can I just print the correct spelling above the wrong one? Also they have my orig flight number which has changed and I am now coming in an hour later then before. Do I need to call them for this?

On your luggage tags you will see your resort confirmation number...it should be right underneath your date of arrival, two sets of the same number. Check that number against your confirmation number. If they match, you're good to go. I have had my name spelled wrong, the resort incorrect, but my ressie number has been correct so no problems getting my bags.
As far as calling to let them know about a change in arrival time...you can, but you really don't need to.

OK Goofy4tink I checked the tags and yes there are two sets of numbers but they are not the same. One is my reservation number but I don't know what the other one is. Now to top it all off I got another set of tags from my orgi. reservations at WL and those tags are the same way one set of numbers is the WL reservations number but not the other. But to make a long story short I got an e-mail from DME today as I had e-mailed them about the error in my name and they said to take a Magic Marker and print the name correctly on the tags. When I check in to DME desk to tell them of the error and they will print me a new voucher for my return trip to MCO. It seems as if DME does not handle changes very well there system needs some work I think. Just wanted everyone to know what I was told to do. It was a real laugh when I got home tonight and seen the second set of tags. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter