Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

The second number is the DME reservation number.

As for the misspelled name, it doesn't matter for DME, but if it does for you, by all means just use the marker to correct it. Just do not obstruct the barcodes.

As for the flight... inbound doesn't matter. And like they said, they can re-print the vouchers at the Welcome Center... and you'll get another copy the day prior to check out.

I've used the DME system... it handles change just fine. It's just easier for all parties involved to have it taken care of at the airport. If they were to re-send you out stuff now, it might not get to you in time, and then you'd be worried. And even if it did, that would now be extra tags to get confused with the old ones. The Welcome Center can do the same thing, with the same effect, with much less confusion.

Hi!
This isn't specifically about my tags but my vouchers. I have 1 for each member of my party but with just our arrival date on it. Should I have also gotten one for our return trip or will I get that at the DME counter at check-in upon arrival?
Thanks!

You'll re-use them for your return trip.

You will also get a duplicate voucher on your door 1 day prior to check out with your departure time.

Cinderumbrella said:
Hi!
This isn't specifically about my tags but my vouchers. I have 1 for each member of my party but with just our arrival date on it. Should I have also gotten one for our return trip or will I get that at the DME counter at check-in upon arrival?
Thanks!
When you arrive in Orlando and check in at the DME counter, they stamp the vouchers with a rubber stamp and leave them in your ticket booklet.

On departure, when the driver picks you up to take you back to the airport, he/she takes the voucher. So, only one voucher for each person.

I tried to read all the posts here to see if my question was asked but I didnt see it. Sorry if its a repeat. Ok we booked our flight directly with the airlines (I believe) and we are using DME. Our trip is in 50 days. When do we get the DME luggage tags? As of today we did not receive them. Thanks.

I would call and check- i think we got our tags about 5-6 weeks before the trip- maybe wait one more week-

I was originally booked for a stay at Pop Century 11/26-11/27 and then transferring over to the Contemporary Tower for 11/28-12/3. I was checking the AP web site today and noticed that AP rates were available for wing rooms at the Contemporary for 11/26-11/27. I decided to switch to a CR wing room for the first two days of my trip so that I would not have to switch resorts, only rooms. The CM told me that since I was at the 30 day mark, I would probably not receive updated DME tags.

The DME packet (for the arrival flight) I received about two days for the original Pop Century ressie also has luggage tags for the Contemporary in addition to Pop Century. My questions is can I use the Contemporary DME tags for my incoming flight? If I use them, will my luggage make it to the resort?

Thanks!

Jennasmomma said:
I tried to read all the posts here to see if my question was asked but I didnt see it. Sorry if its a repeat. Ok we booked our flight directly with the airlines (I believe) and we are using DME. Our trip is in 50 days. When do we get the DME luggage tags? As of today we did not receive them. Thanks.

we leave in 37 days and received ours today. so you may want to give it a week or 2.

Jennasmomma said:

Did you call Disney to have DME added to your reservation? The DME is not tied to your flight, but to your room reservation. So, talk to whomever you booked your room through, they should be able to add DME. Or just call DME directly.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
There seems to be a bit of confusion about when to use the DME tags, so here's an explanation. Please read though this first post before posting a question, as it might answer your question.

I want to use the DME Luggage Service. What do I do?
The first thing you'll want to do is attach your luggage tags PRIOR to checking in at your home airport. If the tags are not on your bags before they get checked by the airline, they will not be taken care of. Once the bags have been tagged, you can bypass baggage claim completely. They will show up in your room automatically.

Hello,

Just wanted to clarify, We are flying with BA from Gatwick, London, UK on Nov 1st, does the above still apply or do we apply the tags prior to handing the luggage back when using the train to get to the exit terminal and DME welcome centre

Either way. British Airways isn't going to take off the tags, so you might as well put them on first thing, so you don't forget about them.

I Got My Dme Package Yesterday But Only For Two Out Of 4 Of Us. Myself And 3 Year Old Grandson But Not My Husband And 6 Year Old Granddaughter. Do They Ever Come Separate? If Nothing Comes Today I Will Call Tomorrow....geezzzzzzz Why Me Not Really Worried We Still Have 37 Days Left

The same thing happened to me. Got our luggage tags the other day and only got two out of three sets of tags. True only two of the three are flying, but they sent tags for me and my son. (I'm not flying) and didn't send tags for my friend who is flying.

Our DME package came with errors also. There are 3 of us on the room reservation, 2 flying in. The packet came for 1 of us flying and the one not flying. We called to correct it and another packet came for the other one flying and the one not flying. We are still trying to correct it so we have a reservation for the 2 that are flying, but time is running out, so we'll see what happens. The person not flying is in posession of the packet, so I haven't seen it, but I hope it can be straigtened out. :confused3

This is a really dumb question, but what do you do with the part of the luggage tag that says Remove This portion Only. Do you keep it as a claim check? Where are you supposed to put it? :confused3

Kay7979 said:
This is a really dumb question, but what do you do with the part of the luggage tag that says Remove This portion Only. Do you keep it as a claim check? Where are you supposed to put it? :confused3
Throw it out -- it's just the backing of the sticker.

Hi I am using DME on my next trip and am not sure this is the correct forum to ask this but my question is the day you are leaving is it possble to check your luggage with the airline and ask the hotel to hold your carryon so that you do not have to carry it to the park with you? or would you suggest that you have the hotel hold all your luggage till you come back to meet the bus (really like and hour to an 90 mins before that time really) and then check the luggage you are checking and hold the carryon? any help would be appreciated

gokenin said:
Hi I am using DME on my next trip and am not sure this is the correct forum to ask this but my question is the day you are leaving is it possble to check your luggage with the airline and ask the hotel to hold your carryon so that you do not have to carry it to the park with you? or would you suggest that you have the hotel hold all your luggage till you come back to meet the bus (really like and hour to an 90 mins before that time really) and then check the luggage you are checking and hold the carryon? any help would be appreciated
Each Disney resort has a Resort Airline Check-in (RAC) desk, for the exclusive use of people flying on a small list of airlines, called "participating" airlines. If you are flying on a participating airline, you can check in your checked luggage at the RAC desk -- this is EXACTLY the same process as when you check in your luggage with your airline. Once you check it in at the RAC desk, you will no longer have access to it, and the next time you see it will be at your home airport's baggage claim carousel.

The RAC desk is open from 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The LATEST you can check in your luggage is 3 hours before flight time, and the EARLIEST you can check it in is 12 hours before flight time.

If you are not flying on a participating airline, the resort's Bell Services staff (or in the case of the Value resorts, Luggage Assistance) can store ALL of your bags for you, whether they are suitcases or carry-ons. Every half-way decent hotel in America offers this type of service, storing your bags for you on your check-out day.

If you have ANY bags stored with the resort, be sure to get back to the resort at least 30 minutes prior to your DME bus pick-up time (you'll be notified of that time one day earlier). This will give you time to retrieve your stored luggage from Bell Services, because at times they get awfully busy. It's also recommended that you be ready for the bus 15 minutes before the scheduled time.

Unless you need anything in your carry-on at a park, I'd strongly advise against taking your carry-on with you -- just have the resort store it. Besides, you won't be permitted into a park with any bag too large to theoretically fit into a rental locker, so if you have a large carry-on it wouldn't be allowed in, anyway. Items with wheels that are meant to be towed behind you are also not permitted in the parks. This would include roller bags, wheeled backpacks, wheeled coolers, wagons, etc.

I hope this answered more questions than it caused ....

CleveRocks said:
Besides, you won't be permitted into a park with any bag too large to theoretically fit into a rental locker, so if you have a large carry-on it wouldn't be allowed in, anyway. Items with wheels that are meant to be towed behind you are also not permitted in the parks. This would include roller bags, wheeled backpacks, wheeled coolers, wagons, etc.

I'm not sure that statement is totally true. (Unless they have changed/more strictly enforce policy). Back in 98, I was staying at an offsite hotel on International Drive using the hotel transportation and Mears.

(Hey it, was a free trip, beggars can't be choosy) :goodvibes

I soon discovered that I would not be able to go to the parks on my departure day and get back to my hotel for Mears to the airport without taking an expensive cab back to my hotel. So, I arranged my Mears to the airport from the Contemporary. I took the hotel shuttle to the Magic Kingdom and took my roller bag and bookbag with me. My roller bag was too big for the lockers, but they stored it in a room and gave me a claim check for it. They charged the same price as a large locker without the key deposit. When I left for the day, I picked up my bag, and took the monorail to the Contemporary, and caught Mears to the airport.

However, to the original poster, let the RAC desk and bell services handle your luggage on your last day!! Don't take it to the parks!! When staying at a Disney resort, that's the best way!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter