Disney's Magical Express Update -- Reservations Required effective 11/1/05

sgmom said:
We are leaving soon and I was doing last minute research only to find info. that I'm now stressing over. On the Disney website, it states that the DME service is not available to Downtown Disney resorts, to include our resort, Port Orleans French Quarter... is this true? We booked our travel through a travel agent and is showing DME reservations for us. So, what should our group of 9 plan for?? :confused3
bicker and Diane are absolutely correct, so don't worry.

As Diane explained, as far as DME luggage delivery, WDW resorts are grouped into groups (my, what a profound statement!). You DME tags will have a designator "DD" on them, short for Downtown Disney. There are set routes for the luggage delivery trucks, but NO set routes for the DME buses, and the "groups" are strictly for the luggage delivery process.

When the website refers to Downtown Disney hotels, they mean the non-Disney owned hotels which sit on Disney property. These are the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd., such as the Wyndham Palace, Hilton, Hotel Royal Plaza, DoubleTree, etc. THOSE hotels aren't eligible for DME, since they are not Disney owned-and-operated even though they sit on Disney-owned land.

Whew, what a load off my mind! Thanks so much for the clarifications :Pinkbounc I had my DH in a scare last night and said hold on, lets ask the boards, they will know. And yes, you guys came through!

Ok, back to packing!! :cloud9:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but this thread is just too large to read all of it. I don't have the time or patience to do such. So here's my question:

1. Does Southwest participate ?If yes then that's all i need ; if no, then see question 2.

2. If not, how do i still use MEx to get to my resort from MCO ? What do i do with my luggage ? what about check-in, etc.

Thanks

MHTeacher said:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but this thread is just too large to read all of it. I don't have the time or patience to do such. So here's my question:

1. Does Southwest participate ?If yes then that's all i need ; if no, then see question 2.

2. If not, how do i still use MEx to get to my resort from MCO ? What do i do with my luggage ? what about check-in, etc.

Thanks
"Participating airline" refers only to when you LEAVE WDW at the end of your trip. For arrivals, there's no such thing. Everyone who flies into MCO on ANY airline (and is a registered guest at a Disney owned-and-operated resort and has a DME reservation) gets the free DME bus ride and the free automatic baggage delivery.

Please do yourself a favor and read at least the first few posts in the sticky thread "Disney's Magical Express -- What participating airline really means" -- it will give you many more important details.

Thanks for the info about SW and being able to use the transportation as long as we have a reservation at a Disney resort. So we can use the bus and carry on our luggage to get to our resort?

However, it's mentioned that SW is not an airline that qualifies for leaving the resort going to MCO. Does that mean we can go and carry our bags on the bus, or can't use the bus at all going to MCO?

Teach said:
Thanks for the info about SW and being able to use the transportation as long as we have a reservation at a Disney resort. So we can use the bus and carry on our luggage to get to our resort?
You CAN bring your own luggage to the bus if you want, but you don't have to. Like I said, regardless of airline, everyone is entitled to the automatic luggage delivery to the inside of their resort room.
teach said:
However, it's mentioned that SW is not an airline that qualifies for leaving the resort going to MCO. Does that mean we can go and carry our bags on the bus, or can't use the bus at all going to MCO?
It does NOT say "that SW is not an airline that qualifies for leaving the resort going to MCO." People using SW on their way home from WDW can't use Resort Airline Check-in (the service where people check their luggage at their resort and then don't see it again until it's on their home airport's baggage claim carousel). But EVERYONE still qualifies for the free bus ride back to MCo from the resort.

Please read at least the first few posts in the the sticky I mentioned in my last post.

Thanks for your patience Cleverocks, sooo much to read, hard to get through it all when we're planning our trip-now I understand.

Hi Experts
We are flying on Jan 9th and will be there for 5 days.
I booked my flight on NWA . I have booked All star movie resorts thru AAA.

My flight arrives at 11:30 pm . Will this be a problem with DME ?

I see that for returning back ,DME service is available only to participating airlines. Can anybody tell where can I find the link for participating airlines.

I booked DME thru online and I got a confirmation email back from them.
Is this good enough or should I call them verify again?

I am travelling with 3 month infant. Will the DME allow taking his car seat and stroller along with them.

I havent got the yellow tags yet. Is it a problem if we don't have yellow tags.

Thnks

Hi Experts
We are flying on Jan 9th and will be there for 5 days.
I booked my flight on NWA . I have booked All star movie resorts thru AAA.

My flight arrives at 11:30 pm . Will this be a problem with DME ?
DME is a 24/7 operation. As long as you have a reservation, they'll be ready for you.
I see that for returning back ,DME service is available only to participating airlines. Can anybody tell where can I find the link for participating airlines.
DME service, meaning the bus ride back to the airport, is available for everyone regardless of airline. Those on participating airlines, such as NWA, can also use something called Resort Airline Check-in (RAC), which means you can bring your luggage to the RAC desk in your resort and actually check it (and you) in for your flight. Once you leave that luggage there, you won't see it again until it's on your home airport's baggage claim carousel.

People who are not flying on a participating airline still get the free bus ride, but not the luggage service. They take their luggage to the bus, the driver stows it under the bus, then returns it to you when you get off the bus at the airport.
I booked DME thru online and I got a confirmation email back from them.Is this good enough or should I call them verify again?
Sounds just fine.
I am travelling with 3 month infant. Will the DME allow taking his car seat and stroller along with them.
Since the DME buses don't have seat belts, you won't be able to use the car seat on the bus (same with the Disney Transport buses, the "city bus"-type buses that you'll take between your resort and the parks). The driver will stow the car seat and the stroller under the bus, and you'll get them right back when you arrive at your resort.
I havent got the yellow tags yet. Is it a problem if we don't have yellow tags.
No sweat. Paperwork (and luggage tags) is nice but not necessary.

Thanks a ton.
So if we don't have yellow tags,then we have to pick up the luggage and hand it over to the driver of the bus right?

Thanks a ton.
So if we don't have yellow tags,then we have to pick up the luggage and hand it over to the driver of the bus right?
No.

Skip baggage claim and go right to the DME Welcome Center. When you check in, they'll ask if your checked luggage has DME tags on it. You'll say "No," and then they'll ask for your baggage claim stubs so they can get the numbers. They'll also ask for a physical description of the bags. A CM will be dispatched to go to baggage claim for you to retrieve your bags and then put them in with the rest of the DME luggage to be delivered to the resorts.

what a great site this is.
always full of good info.
first time i used DME i got lost and fustrated and wondered why
there wasnt more signs to direct, so now i understand that they cant.
that makes sense.
everyone should know as it has been said, to just get down as fast you can to DME (even if as in my case the Disney Father has to) run down and get in line to start the line for the paperwork. (kind of like the fastpass)
that way the mom and kids can get right on the line for the bus by the time they get there. and dont forget you tickets.

Hi, we haven't been to disney in a few years. We are hoping to go the week before Easter. We have always used Tiffany Townecar before and love the driver and great service. My youngest child is autistic like and doesn't have much patience sometimes. We will be staying at the Polynesian and likely arriving at 9pm or a bit later. I am thinking that at that time of day the DME may not have to make many other stops, but coming home we will leave at about 5pm, and likely it will have other pick ups. Has anyone ever switched from a private service to DME and been happy about it? Even if I don't use DME for commuting from the airport and back, I think the airline boarding pass check-in would be very helpful. Thanks:santa:

I booked my disney package online at disneyworld.com. I then later added my flight info into the reservation for Magical Express using the same website. Since then, the "Ground Transporation" section of the My Disney Vacation area of the website shows only my daughter as a Guest of the DME service.

I called the WDW reservation number and they said the website is inaccurate, that all of us are on the reservation. She then re-entered my flight info just to see if it would correct it online.

Now the My Disney Vacation web page shows the correct flight numbers, but the arrival and departure times show 12am, along with still just one guest. On top of this, at one point when I logged in (but not now, thankfully) it showed us arriving and departing on the same day, then departing twice on our departure day!

Is anyone else having trouble with the online display of your DME reservation? I will probably call again to see if they can enter my arrival and departure times in. I don't know if this is absolutely required for the yellow tags to work or not. (My resv. is in April.) Right now, I don't have much confidence.

i wouldnt panic too much, i have the same thing.
i might call and try to get a human to correct,
but i am in the same situation, they just put basic arrival times and departures, and dropped my infant off list.

We will be staying at OKW the end of February. I'm a DVC member so I made the reservation for the 6 adults going. My wife and I will be arriving 2 days before the other 4 people in our group. I received the DME package and the vouchers for all 6 of us are included in the booklet. Do I tear out their vouchers and have them use these or do I have to call DME to get separate booklets / information for the 2 other couples. I understand that I received the DME package because the OKW reservation was made by me - I thought that they would have sent separate booklets for all 3 couples since we're arriving at different times. I want to make sure that they will not have any problems if they show up at the DME desk with a small piece of paper (i.e., the voucher) and not the whole book - LOL!

Thanks!

We will be staying at OKW the end of February. I'm a DVC member so I made the reservation for the 6 adults going. My wife and I will be arriving 2 days before the other 4 people in our group. I received the DME package and the vouchers for all 6 of us are included in the booklet. Do I tear out their vouchers and have them use these or do I have to call DME to get separate booklets / information for the 2 other couples. I understand that I received the DME package because the OKW reservation was made by me - I thought that they would have sent separate booklets for all 3 couples since we're arriving at different times. I want to make sure that they will not have any problems if they show up at the DME desk with a small piece of paper (i.e., the voucher) and not the whole book - LOL!

Thanks!

No one needs the entire book. Even going without the vouchers is fine as long as there is a valid reservation, but the vouchers not only serve as proof but also speed the transaction. Best advice: mail the vouchers (and luggage tags) to those in your party who are arriving separately.

No one needs the entire book. Even going without the vouchers is fine as long as there is a valid reservation, but the vouchers not only serve as proof but also speed the transaction. Best advice: mail the vouchers (and luggage tags) to those in your party who are arriving separately.

Thanks for the info! I'll take their vouchers out of the booklet and send them to the other couples. Thanks again!

Hi just a question.. I have the DME booklet and my flight coming home has changed by 45 mins earlier do I have to call anyone will I be ok just tell the Pop when I check in?? Also If I use the yellow tags then I don't worry about my luggage or can I still go to baggage claim and get it myself?? Thanks Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter