Disney's Magical Express Update -- Reservations Required effective 11/1/05

Hi just a question.. I have the DME booklet and my flight coming home has changed by 45 mins earlier do I have to call anyone will I be ok just tell the Pop when I check in?? Also If I use the yellow tags then I don't worry about my luggage or can I still go to baggage claim and get it myself?? Thanks Michelle
DME needs to know that your end-of-trip departure flight time changed. Tell DME, not Pop Century -- Pop has nothing to do with it. You can call DME now (since your trip is 60 days from now or closer), or better yet, just wait 'til you arrive at MCO and check-in at the DME Welcome Center. Give them your new departure flight info then. It'll be the only time you'll ever be face-to-face with a DME CM (or at least one with computer access).

If you put the yellow DME tags on your checked bags, you will not see those bags until they're inside your resort room. They will be pulled behind-the-scenes, so they won't make it out to the baggage claim carousel for you to claim.

Hi just a question.. I have the DME booklet and my flight coming home has changed by 45 mins earlier do I have to call anyone will I be ok just tell the Pop when I check in?? Also If I use the yellow tags then I don't worry about my luggage or can I still go to baggage claim and get it myself?? Thanks Michelle

If your flight NUMBER has changed, then yes, let DME know. Don't worry about the times. DME links with the flight system to get the current and most up to date times.

Use Yellow Tags = Bypass baggage claim.
No Yellow Tags = Claim your own luggage *OR* bypass baggage claim, and give DME your Luggage Claim Tickets (luggage delivery takes a bit longer if you don't use the tags)

DME needs to know that your end-of-trip departure flight time changed. Tell DME, not Pop Century -- Pop has nothing to do with it. You can call DME now (since your trip is 60 days from now or closer), or better yet, just wait 'til you arrive at MCO and check-in at the DME Welcome Center. Give them your new departure flight info then. It'll be the only time you'll ever be face-to-face with a DME CM (or at least one with computer access).

If you put the yellow DME tags on your checked bags, you will not see those bags until they're inside your resort room. They will be pulled behind-the-scenes, so they won't make it out to the baggage claim carousel for you to claim.

If your flight NUMBER has changed, then yes, let DME know. Don't worry about the times. DME links with the flight system to get the current and most up to date times.

Use Yellow Tags = Bypass baggage claim.
No Yellow Tags = Claim your own luggage *OR* bypass baggage claim, and give DME your Luggage Claim Tickets (luggage delivery takes a bit longer if you don't use the tags)

Ok I will tell then at the DME counter because yes my flight number is different.. now I arrive at MCO at 11:15 on 1/31 so I shouldn't expect my bags till the AM if I use the Yellow tags ??

At 11:15pm (or later, if the flight is late) the bags will take a bit longer to get to you, since staffing is significantly reduced. Luggage will probably get to your room around 3am, when you are trying to sleep. Your best bet is to pack supplies you'll need for the night in your carry on (which one should do regardless of anything), and let both DME and the Front Desk know that you will call them in the AM when you are ready for your luggage. Make sure to put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on your door in case the message does not make it to the bellman.

Or, don't use the tags, and claim the luggage yourself.

At 11:15pm (or later, if the flight is late) the bags will take a bit longer to get to you, since staffing is significantly reduced. Luggage will probably get to your room around 3am, when you are trying to sleep. Your best bet is to pack supplies you'll need for the night in your carry on (which one should do regardless of anything), and let both DME and the Front Desk know that you will call them in the AM when you are ready for your luggage. Make sure to put a DO NOT DISTURB sign on your door in case the message does not make it to the bellman.

Or, don't use the tags, and claim the luggage yourself.
Thanks Tyler.... I will pack over night items in my carryon and then leave word with the front desk and put out my DND sign... Your the best.. Michelle

We are planing to rent a van to get us to Vero for a few nights before heading to SSR. We will return the van once we get to WDW. Will be able to take DME back to the airport? I did a search, but no answers came up...

This may be a strange question but how early can you get on the DME the day of your reservation?

My friend is traveling late on the 8th she will arrive around 11:30 pm. She received her DME papers and it says she is checking in the 9th. She tried to add another night to her reservation but everything is booked. :confused3

We are planing to rent a van to get us to Vero for a few nights before heading to SSR. We will return the van once we get to WDW. Will be able to take DME back to the airport? I did a search, but no answers came up...

Yes, but you'll have to book it beforehand. I would check into it when you reach SSR. Or you could just call DME directly before you leave and book it then.

This may be a strange question but how early can you get on the DME the day of your reservation?

My friend is traveling late on the 8th she will arrive around 11:30 pm. She received her DME papers and it says she is checking in the 9th. She tried to add another night to her reservation but everything is booked. :confused3

Well, DME is a 24/7 type thing so that won't be an issue. Does your friend actually arrive at the resort at 11:30, or at MCO? I would imagine that if she is arriving at MCO at 11:30, then she won't arrive at her resort until after midnight, making it the 9th. But, will she have a room to sleep in? I guess I'm confused.

Well, DME is a 24/7 type thing so that won't be an issue. Does your friend actually arrive at the resort at 11:30, or at MCO? I would imagine that if she is arriving at MCO at 11:30, then she won't arrive at her resort until after midnight, making it the 9th. But, will she have a room to sleep in? I guess I'm confused.

No more confused then she is;) She arrives at MCO at 11:30 and was going to stay at the airport and take the first bus out in the morning. She just wanted to get there early.

Another question is if someone picks her up and she doesn't use DME to get to the resort can she still use it to get back to the airport?

As goofy4tink just answered a few posts ago, DME is fine as a one-way ride, in either direction.:goodvibes

DME is 24/7 in that they are there to serve people who arrive by plane at MCO. If there is a flight at arrives at 1:00 a.m., DME will be there. So there's not really a "first bus of the day" since the buses are dispatched in response to prior reservations.

When you say "stay at the airport," does that mean at an airport hotel or like, using her carry-on as a pillow?

Okay, now I get it. She is booked for DME, but not heading to her resort until the morning!!! I would be very tempted to just not put the yellow tags on, go to baggage claim and get my bags, then take them to the DME checkin desk in the morning. Of course, she might want to call DME and give them the flight arrival time from a flight that is arriving at the same time she wants to head out.
And yes, she can use it for the return to the airport, even if she doesn't take it to the resort. I've done that myself. I would just double check with them to make sure they have her as needed a ride back to MCO. She can do that at her resort.

As goofy4tink just answered a few posts ago, DME is fine as a one-way ride, in either direction.:goodvibes

DME is 24/7 in that they are there to serve people who arrive by plane at MCO. If there is a flight at arrives at 1:00 a.m., DME will be there. So there's not really a "first bus of the day" since the buses are dispatched in response to prior reservations.

When you say "stay at the airport," does that mean at an airport hotel or like, using her carry-on as a pillow?

You got it, it's the 2nd one :rotfl:

She did call a friend who lives there and they are going to pick her up and drop her off at POP in the morning. She is also going to call every morning to see if someone cancels.

Thank you and goofy4tink for your help:thumbsup2

thanks taylor for this info. Oh! this Disney Magical express is free. Is it to call for the reservations 1-407-w-disney.

I'm from Australia, so I'm hoping I can make DME reservations online rather than calling, is this possible?

I'm from Australia, so I'm hoping I can make DME reservations online rather than calling, is this possible?

Yes, I think you still can. I made our Nov 06 DME reservations online. Log on to dvcmember.com and you should be able to fill out a form. Good luck!

I still have not received our ME Tags due to a flight/arrival date change. I have the original ones they sent us with the wrong arrival date of 3/19, now we arrive on 3/20. Do you think if I put the 3/19 yellow tags on our bags they will still pick them up and take them to Pop? I know I could take them directly to the bus without the yellow tags, but I will have a 6 month old and a 5 year old and my MIL and it would be nice not to have to pick up our bags from baggage claim. Any thoughts? I'm still holding out hope that the tags will arrive in the mail tomorrow. :rolleyes:

If your reservation number is the same, you should be all set. I'm assuming that you called them, and made the date change and it is correct in their system. So....even if the arrival date is wrong on the tags, it's correct in the DME system. When they scan the bar code, it will have the correct arrival date in their computer.
Have a terrific trip....sure wish I was going to WDW right about now!!

Question : I have been reading DME threads for an hour now!

My sister and I were supposed to arrive at 9pm at MCO, but due to a cancelled flight, arrived at 11pm. We dragged our tired bodies to the DME desk, and were shocked to be told "After 11pm, we can no longer TOUCH your luggage. I hate to do this to you, but you guys have to go back to your airline's baggage claim, and get your own luggage and bring them back here."

I have never, never heard this before (maybe because we were not SUPPOSED to arrive that late?!)

Anyway, I am not seeing this anywhere on the DME threads, either. When did this start?!

Beth

p.s. They went ahead and let us NOT get our luggage from baggage claim, because our luggage was probably not going to be there till 2am anyway, having been most likely routed a different way. But we had to fight to get them to allow us to go to our hotel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter