Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you.

Ah yes, the nebulous $35-$60. I don't know why Disney can't just list the kids and adults prices, since it's pretty fixed. Something like. "Adults $xx.xx, Kids $xx.xx Excluding Tax. Prices may vary for special events"

Dan
That would be nice.

I just saw on a Poly DVC FB page I’m on that some people with Poly DVC reservations coming up have been notified that they are being moved to the hotel side of the resort because of room updates in the DVC buildings. Maybe that’s why Poly resort rooms have been so hard to come by; rooms are being held back for those that they are moving over from the DVC side.

I just saw on a Poly DVC FB page I’m on that some people with Poly DVC reservations coming up have been notified that they are being moved to the hotel side of the resort because of room updates in the DVC buildings. Maybe that’s why Poly resort rooms have been so hard to come by; rooms are being held back for those that they are moving over from the DVC side.

Could be. There has been speculation for awhile that the soft goods refurb would happen Aug/Sept I thought.

Could be. There has been speculation for awhile that the soft goods refurb would happen Aug/Sept I thought.

Any idea when their reservations were? I am there in late July and have not heard anything yet. I wonder if it occurs after my trip or if a move may be imminent... I don't think I mind either way.

Any idea when their reservations were? I am there in late July and have not heard anything yet. I wonder if it occurs after my trip or if a move may be imminent... I don't think I mind either way.
The ones I have heard were mid/late august.

Ive seen 3-4 of these just today on the DVC members FB group. All for August. Im guessing they are starting at least 1 or 2 of the Poly DVC building refreshes in August.

Ive seen 3-4 of these just today on the DVC members FB group. All for August. Im guessing they are starting at least 1 or 2 of the Poly DVC building refreshes in August.

Interesting. I wonder if they would do the same for July? I wonder what they would attempt to move me to, due to the lake view

I highly expect a bungalow :)

Interesting. I wonder if they would do the same for July? I wonder what they would attempt to move me to, due to the lake view

I highly expect a bungalow :)

Based on the limited info we have it looks like they may be starting in August. I havent seen any July changes yet on FB, all August.

Based on the limited info we have it looks like they may be starting in August. I havent seen any July changes yet on FB, all August.

I have a studio booked for September 6-12 and have not been notified of a move. I would NOT be pleased.

I'm getting ready to put in a room request through Touring Plans. I'm hoping that Rarotonga will be ready and open for our trip, so I am planning on putting a request in for that building, but I was just looking at a resort map and I saw Niue. I always forget about that building. This may be another good option for us as I think all the rooms in that building are standard view. We'd definitely want a first floor room because a patio (or balcony) is important to us. Has anyone ever stayed in Niue? I'm guessing the rooms on the Ceremonial House/Lava Pool side of the building could be noisier than the other side. Any thoughts or opinions on this building?

I'm getting ready to put in a room request through Touring Plans. I'm hoping that Rarotonga will be ready and open for our trip, so I am planning on putting a request in for that building, but I was just looking at a resort map and I saw Niue. I always forget about that building. This may be another good option for us as I think all the rooms in that building are standard view. We'd definitely want a first floor room because a patio (or balcony) is important to us. Has anyone ever stayed in Niue? I'm guessing the rooms on the Ceremonial House/Lava Pool side of the building could be noisier than the other side. Any thoughts or opinions on this building?

When is your stay? If it's sooner than later, I'd probably err on the side of going with a non-DVC side longhouse as they've been working on those longer.

BUT if your priority is first floor, I'd make that the highest priority of all. What is quiet one day could be noisy the next - all depends on who is around you.

When is your stay? If it's sooner than later, I'd probably err on the side of going with a non-DVC side longhouse as they've been working on those longer.

BUT if your priority is first floor, I'd make that the highest priority of all. What is quiet one day could be noisy the next - all depends on who is around you.

We'll be there the second week of August.

That's great news! This should make a lot of people happy.

Not trying to stir the Ohana fire but that doesn't even look like the old Ohana dinner.

fno092093840295380294832342329038409.jpg

We'll be there the second week of August.

We'll know more after July 19 in terms of what longhouses are done. Regardless, if first floor is your highest priority, that is what I would put first over a building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter