Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man! Maybe they have some September guests slotted into the rooms that are completed in August? I really don't want to give up my two bathrooms, but such is life if it happens. When were you notified if you don't mind my asking...?

June 25th.

I think I read further upthread that someone got the email by accident. We called DVC services shortly after we got it but they'd just received an email about it themselves and didn't really have any idea what was going on yet.

I am going to be at Poly the last weekend of this month.

Is the walkway over for GF open yet? I understand it was closed recently.

I want to make the long walk from Poly to MK for rope drop on the 31st.

I am going to be at Poly the last weekend of this month.

Is the walkway over for GF open yet? I understand it was closed recently.

I want to make the long walk from Poly to MK for rope drop on the 31st.

Although it's currently closed someone posted a few days ago showing the final progress. It'd be speculation but hopefully it'll be done soon enough for your trip !

How are folks handling room requests and how often do they work out for you?

Staying 8/29 to 9/4 in a Studio (non DVC Standard room) are there any buildings that are in the "standard" category w/ a partial theme park, pool, or lagoon view and also close to transportation?

We were able to get a "standard" category room on our last visit at the Yacht Club that had a great lagoon view.

We are sad as well. We have 3 of them and would really love if we could get them. Very very sad to see them go.

They may still have the (fake) replacement bricks for sale in the gift shop at the space mountain exit. That’s what we got just after the real brick removal was announced. They sent us a coupon to get one for a discounted price since we had a real brick.

When I transfer to Poly from another resort, do I actually need to do online check in or will they just text me the room number anyway without doing that when ready?

Only reason I ask is cause I used touring plans and got the same exact room I requested in my previous resort ( I spoke to front desk that check in )

I don’t want online check in messing with it. Thanks.

When I transfer to Poly from another resort, do I actually need to do online check in or will they just text me the room number anyway without doing that when ready?

Only reason I ask is cause I used touring plans and got the same exact room I requested in my previous resort ( I spoke to front desk that check in )

I don’t want online check in messing with it. Thanks.

You will need to do online checkin to go direct-to-room, just don’t select a room request from the drop-down. Leave that part blank. Then the TP room request will take precedence.

You will need to do online checkin to go direct-to-room, just don’t select a room request from the drop-down. Leave that part blank. Then the TP room request will take precedence.

Ok cause I’m checking in today so just making sure that doesn’t matter. Thought I would just get a text today without doing anything since rooms have already been assigned I assume

How are folks handling room requests and how often do they work out for you?

Staying 8/29 to 9/4 in a Studio (non DVC Standard room) are there any buildings that are in the "standard" category w/ a partial theme park, pool, or lagoon view and also close to transportation?

We were able to get a "standard" category room on our last visit at the Yacht Club that had a great lagoon view.

Are you in a standard studio (which is DVC because only DVC has "studios"- but you can pay cash for them) or a regular hotel room (which the standard room would be "garden view"). If you booked a standard STUDIO then you could have a lagoon view from a studio the far end of Tokelau nearest to the water. There are only 3 studio buildings- and they are all fairly close to the TTC for monorail transportation, although Moorea is the closest. If bus transportation- they are all pretty equal. If boat, then Tokelau is closest.

We always request Tokelau and I have never not received what I asked for. I fax in my room requests and always request an upper floor in Tokelau on the north end on the Oasis side of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter