Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about online check-in - I was hoping to ask for a paid upgrade from Standard View to Lagoon upon checkin - is this something I need to do when I get there and check-in at the front desk? Or can I request this somewhere online?

Curious about online check-in - I was hoping to ask for a paid upgrade from Standard View to Lagoon upon checkin - is this something I need to do when I get there and check-in at the front desk? Or can I request this somewhere online?

You can check-in at the front desk and are welcome to ask the CMs there.
🌺

You can check in online and still go to the front desk. People have gotten this idea that they are going to forcibly stop you from approaching the desk or that they won't talk to you at the desk if you checked in online. Checking in online just cuts down on the time TO check in in person because they already have a card on file for you.

Do be aware, though, that the price difference will likely be identical to what it is anyway - not discounted.

Thank you! Is it ok that I still do online checkin and then still go to the front desk to inquire ?

You could. (we only just state our arrival time with online check-in and have our room request spelled out in our reservation.) We have always gone to the front desk because the cast members there are so lovely and we can inquire on our room assignments and see if we want to request being moved . Just note, there are actually very few lagoon view rooms to begin with and Poly is reportedly booked solid for quite a while.
If you have a standard room booked, our favorite is Rarotonga north facing or Fiji east facing. With the current construction going on, I would lean towards Fiji if you’re traveling soon.
🌺

You could. (we only just state our arrival time with online check-in and have our room request spelled out in our reservation.) We have always gone to the front desk because the cast members there are so lovely and we can inquire on our room assignments and see if we want to request being moved . Just note, there are actually very few lagoon view rooms to begin with and Poly is reportedly booked solid for quite a while.
If you have a standard room booked, our favorite is Rarotonga north facing or Fiji east facing. With the current construction going on, I would lean towards Fiji if you’re traveling soon.
🌺
Ah I appreciate that insight! I have touringplans so maybe I'll use theme to request that room!

How much time should I give myself to get there with monorail resort

I’m using round numbers just to spit ball. 10 minutes to walk to TTC/through security/to station, 10 minute wait for the monorail, 10 minute journey around to CR. You could easily make it quicker if you have no wait or material delays - or if you get unlucky and hit a delay it could be longer.

Resort boat to MK and walk over

Walk over to TTC and take the Resort monorail to CR stop

Walk over to TTC and take the Ferry to MK and walk

Bus to MK and walk

(I’d pick the resort monorail)

The resort Monorail goes all the way around MK circle, so it's not the most efficient of them all, but it is still a good option.

How specific do folks get with room requests at Poly? I know that in general the less specific the request, the more likely it is to be granted.

We are probably booking Pool/Marina view and my ideal would be something like "Fiji Upper Level or Samoa Upper Level West-Facing" in the request. Would be happy with either so figure I might as well include both in the request?

How specific do folks get with room requests at Poly? I know that in general the less specific the request, the more likely it is to be granted.

We are probably booking Pool/Marina view and my ideal would be something like "Fiji Upper Level or Samoa Upper Level West-Facing" in the request. Would be happy with either so figure I might as well include both in the request?
I use Touring Plans to request rooms. I’m about 50/50 on getting what I want. Last time I got exactly what I wanted. We stayed in Tokelau and got room 3913.

I use Touring Plans to request rooms. I’m about 50/50 on getting what I want. Last time I got exactly what I wanted. We stayed in Tokelau and got room 3913.
So to make a request for a room/building can it be done online or should I call. I just want a higher floor.

Last edited:
Are you in a standard studio (which is DVC because only DVC has "studios"- but you can pay cash for them) or a regular hotel room (which the standard room would be "garden view"). If you booked a standard STUDIO then you could have a lagoon view from a studio the far end of Tokelau nearest to the water. There are only 3 studio buildings- and they are all fairly close to the TTC for monorail transportation, although Moorea is the closest. If bus transportation- they are all pretty equal. If boat, then Tokelau is closest.

We always request Tokelau and I have never not received what I asked for. I fax in my room requests and always request an upper floor in Tokelau on the north end on the Oasis side of the building.

Thank you. We have a standard studio. Originally had a DVC one but TA switched us to a new Moana room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter