Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting dizzy but finally can start really planning. Our family outgrew WL standard so I was looking at Poly. Went to reserve and it was a day the computer systems were wonky and they couldn't take ressies. Well, by time I called back the cm insisted I wanted AOA I was irritated and said I'd call back. Called again and Poly was booked. So, went with POR. Pool is currently being renovated so I called back and still no Poly. Changed over to FWL. Okay, kids were excited. Hey, separate bedroom. However, golf cart rental added up. (not mandatory but with kids we need something) So, kept calling and checking online. Low and behold sitting here today, up pops POLY standard. Called and it took forever but finally able to book it. Yipppeeeeee! Kids were so excited about the cabins until I showed them the pool and splash areas. We are so excited. Now, I'd love CL. (wouldn't we all) But so happy to finally get what I've been trying to book for awhile. We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary as well as 20 years together. Looking at the resort, I'm debating not doing the parks everyday just to hang out at the pool.
We love our afternoons by the Poly pool! Looking at the castle across the way will still give you that "park" feeling!

Honestly I don't care about the wishes soundtrack during fireworks but I want to hear themed music along the main pathways from morning until night.

I agree! Walking around the Poly hearing that music is one of the many things I love about the resort :goodvibes.

We heard lots of background music a couple of weeks ago while staying at the Poly. I loved sitting outside on the patio in the morning hearing the soft music and enjoying some coffee.

Sounds like a great way to start your day :cloud9:.

I believe they turned it off during construction. Most of the major construction is done, so it should be back on.

This is good to hear :).

I'm getting dizzy but finally can start really planning. Our family outgrew WL standard so I was looking at Poly. Went to reserve and it was a day the computer systems were wonky and they couldn't take ressies. Well, by time I called back the cm insisted I wanted AOA I was irritated and said I'd call back. Called again and Poly was booked. So, went with POR. Pool is currently being renovated so I called back and still no Poly. Changed over to FWL. Okay, kids were excited. Hey, separate bedroom. However, golf cart rental added up. (not mandatory but with kids we need something) So, kept calling and checking online. Low and behold sitting here today, up pops POLY standard. Called and it took forever but finally able to book it. Yipppeeeeee! Kids were so excited about the cabins until I showed them the pool and splash areas. We are so excited. Now, I'd love CL. (wouldn't we all) But so happy to finally get what I've been trying to book for awhile. We will be celebrating our wedding anniversary as well as 20 years together. Looking at the resort, I'm debating not doing the parks everyday just to hang out at the pool.

Congrats on being able to get the Poly! :yay:

You are going to have a great time. We have loved all the resorts we've tried, but the Poly will always be our favorite. I vote for some non-park days with pool time. The pool is great as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle, which is awesome for watching the fireworks while swimming :wizard:.

Persistence pays off!

::yes::

We love our afternoons by the Poly pool! Looking at the castle across the way will still give you that "park" feeling!

:thumbsup2

The music is not off because of construction. There are no speakers around most of the resort and have not been as far back as the 90’s. I was reviewing videos of walking the resort that I had taken from back then all the way through to the mid 2000’s and the only place there was music was around and inside the GCH, the pool area, the beach in front of Hawaii and way back when there was music inside the halls of Hawaii and Moorea longhouse. There was also music over at the East Pool and I would guess that there will be again once the Oasis pool opens but for as long as I have been going to the Polynesian there was never music around the whole resort or even most of it. Not that I would not like to see it but I don’t really see it as bothering me that much either.

How bizarre the CM was trying to sell you on AOA. I'm glad you finally booked what you wanted. I've considered the cabins often because I think they look fun. But then I consider the extra costs, like the cart. We're a family of six, and I think they only seat four, so we'd need two carts. Once that was added to the price, deluxe wasn't much more.

Afternoons by the pool were probably our favorite part of our recent trip! It was all good, but being able to spend the morning in a park and the afternoon at the pool was really what made it a "vacation" for us.

How bizarre the CM was trying to sell you on AOA. I'm glad you finally booked what you wanted. I've considered the cabins often because I think they look fun. But then I consider the extra costs, like the cart. We're a family of six, and I think they only seat four, so we'd need two carts. Once that was added to the price, deluxe wasn't much more.

Yes, he was very pushy. Even after I told him I wanted close to MK and mentioned WL and Poly. I wasn't thrilled and figured it'd be easier to just call back. I did that a few times.

The cabins we would ha e been happy with and will probably end up there in the next few years. But yes by time you add the cart and the lack of quick service options it was going to be a lot of running around and almost as much as Poly.

We can't wait.

We heard lots of background music a couple of weeks ago while staying at the Poly. I loved sitting outside on the patio in the morning hearing the soft music and enjoying some coffee.

What building were you in?

The music is not off because of construction. There are no speakers around most of the resort and have not been as far back as the 90’s. I was reviewing videos of walking the resort that I had taken from back then all the way through to the mid 2000’s and the only place there was music was around and inside the GCH, the pool area, the beach in front of Hawaii and way back when there was music inside the halls of Hawaii and Moorea longhouse. There was also music over at the East Pool and I would guess that there will be again once the Oasis pool opens but for as long as I have been going to the Polynesian there was never music around the whole resort or even most of it. Not that I would not like to see it but I don’t really see it as bothering me that much either.

So if you wanted to hear the music throughout the day would Somoa be a good building to request either facing the volcano pool or the new Oasis pool?

What building were you in?

So if you wanted to hear the music throughout the day would Somoa be a good building to request either facing the volcano pool or the new Oasis pool?

Probably. I could even hear the music over across the marina at Fiji from the pool area.

Going to arrive at the Poly on the 21st. I'm looking through the thread but is there anything worth knowing that's going on at the resort? Thanks for any information *tikiman* :worship:

I'll be at the Poly on the 25th and 26th for the DVC event! I'll be able to check out how the pool construction is going. I bet it's almost done. Probably won't really be swim weather anyway though. Hoping it will at least be 70s during the day so it will be nice to walk around and look.

They started working on Samoa last September or October and Niue just after that. Neither is a very big longhouse and it took a couple of months to complete. In January they were in process with Rarotonga and I believe they are still working on it. Hawaii garden side is in process also. There is no schedule available to the public to show when each one is estimated to complete or when the next one will start.

Thanks for the info, Tikiman.

I had our TA request Fiji when she booked. If, as it gets closer, it looks like exterior work will be in progress for Fiji and I want to change my request, what should I do? Have her call back with a new request or just do a different request through Touring Plans and on-line check in?

Moorea room 3015 also has a palm tree in front of it, but still a great view!

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong lake view was AWFUL! However I am a light sleeper who suffers from insomnia. The horns woke me up with nightly sleeping pill and ear plugs. Seriously had fantasies in my head of dressing in black and taking a baseball bat to those horns. . However, my request for this year is Tokelau, farthest point from lake. :crazy: We are long time Poly addicts!

So sorry to hear that! :scared: I can't even imagine with my night ears. o_O

Yes, he was very pushy. Even after I told him I wanted close to MK and mentioned WL and Poly. I wasn't thrilled and figured it'd be easier to just call back. I did that a few times.

Did you do the Disney survey at the end of your call? I think it's important, if you want you're complaints to be heard.

Last edited:
So excited! Just booked an amazing offer for the Poly CL through Magical Vacations Travel! Visited but never stayed at the Poly, we have always done the WL but I couldn't get any discounts for our dates this year. We are really going to miss the WL CMs, I feel like I am cheating on them:guilty: but are so excited to try a new resort! Still reading through the thread but any tips, hints or suggestions would be appreciated. :drinking:

So excited! Just booked an amazing offer for the Poly CL through Magical Vacations Travel! Visited but never stayed at the Poly, we have always done the WL but I couldn't get any discounts for our dates this year. We are really going to miss the WL CMs, I feel like I am cheating on them:guilty: but are so excited to try a new resort! Still reading through the thread but any tips, hints or suggestions would be appreciated. :drinking:
I have been trying to get a quote from them since Wednesday and no one will get back to me. Which person did you book through?

Just booked poly standard for May! It's out first time staying deluxe and I'm going to surprise everyone. Can't believe that I got such a good deal that it is actually going to happen! pixiedust:

I'm curious to know the price difference between this deal and renting dvc points at 16 or 14 per point...anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter