Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lei is a multi colored faux floral, we received ours the last few times as we stepped off the Magical Express.

Not sure about classes, but "Auntie" is usually sitting in the lobby working on the fresh flower variety :)

Thank you! Looking forward to getting a lei, even if it's faux floral - at least it'll last longer!

We are less than 100 days away from our 1st stay at PVB!! I am trying my best to read through this thread, so much useful info!
So I read that at check in, everyone gets a lei. Is this true for PVB stays too? What type of leis are they, I haven't seen any pics posted, and I'm curious! Also, do they offer any lei making lessons at the resort? TIA!
Standard silk flowers so they last forever. However, DH and I celebrated our 20th last year and were surprised with handmade leis. I'll try to find a photo - gift from the Polynesian. :flower3:

The pull out sofa bed was a nice mattress, really thick pieces of memory - type foam. There was no feeling of bars or anything like I recall from sleeping on Grandma's pull-out all those years ago!

We returned home a little over a week ago. I can't stop thinking about going back. The Poly is incredible. Heaven-like! I want to go back for a week with only 3 park days with hoppers. The rest of the time, you will find me by the pool or the beach.

We ended cutting our park time short almost each day just so we could be back at the resort!

We had 3 ground floor rooms next door to one another, and in the eveneings, we would drag chairs to one and sit on the patio, enjoying the flickering tiki torches & the company!

DD ended up with a mighty fever, so I posted here, learned about Centra Care, and she & DH were there and back with meds in 2 hrs. Amazing service! She had moments where she felt pretty good after that and was able to enjoy the parks a little the last day (she had been on meds 24 hrs before we let her out of the room).

It was such an incredible trip and I'm dying to go back!! If for noth I ng else but the Poly!

My DH filled out the quote request and Samantha replied. It took a few days at 1st but she definitely answers any of my emails pretty quickly.
Thanks for the info. Shelly got back to me today and the price was soooo worth the wait!!

How exciting, you will love the Poly ::yes::. I agree about the WL CMs, they are some of the best! With that said, the Poly CMs are amazing as well (at least in our experience), so I'm sure you'll have a great time. Have fun planning :wizard:.

What a nice surprise, you will have a great time :goodvibes.

Enjoy the planning :).

Thank You!!

I had our TA request Fiji when she booked for us. If, as it gets closer, it looks like exterior work will be in progress for Fiji and I want to change my request, what should I do? Should I have her call back with a new request or just do a different request through Touring Plans and on-line check in?

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

I am a light sleeper so I usually hear everything (especially in hotels), but my DH and boys are ones who don't hear a thing once their heads hit the pillow....lol. With that said, hearing the horns is one thing I don't mind when I'm at Disney :cloud9:.
Funny how those horns sound lovely while only at Disney World!

I had our TA request Fiji when she booked for us. If, as it gets closer, it looks like exterior work will be in progress for Fiji and I want to change my request, what should I do? Should I have her call back with a new request or just do a different request through Touring Plans and on-line check in?
I would never use online check in or Touring Plans to conflict with a request entered by a TA. Only to reiterate one.
If you want to change have your TA do it.
Otherwise, the room assigner will be totally lost as to what should be given priority and they are liable to just ignore them all.

I would never use online check in or Touring Plans to conflict with a request entered by a TA. Only to reiterate one.
If you want to change have your TA do it.
Otherwise, the room assigner will be totally lost as to what should be given priority and they are liable to just ignore them all.

Thanks, Angi!

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's will alter any of the items on the menu? I have allergies so I'm pretty limited and I was curious if they would make an adult size chicken nugget... Anyone tried? I know they have a chicken sandwich but I try to stay away from teriyaki sauce didn't know if they could make it without it.

Does anyone know if Captain Cook's will alter any of the items on the menu? I have allergies so I'm pretty limited and I was curious if they would make an adult size chicken nugget... Anyone tried? I know they have a chicken sandwich but I try to stay away from teriyaki sauce didn't know if they could make it without it.
I'm sure they could make it without the sauce, or upsize the nuggets. The child's portion is decently sized, though, my kids have split it before.

We are less than 100 days away from our 1st stay at PVB!!

Hope the days go fast for you :goodvibes.

We returned home a little over a week ago. I can't stop thinking about going back. The Poly is incredible. Heaven-like! I want to go back for a week with only 3 park days with hoppers. The rest of the time, you will find me by the pool or the beach.

We ended cutting our park time short almost each day just so we could be back at the resort!

We had 3 ground floor rooms next door to one another, and in the eveneings, we would drag chairs to one and sit on the patio, enjoying the flickering tiki torches & the company!

DD ended up with a mighty fever, so I posted here, learned about Centra Care, and she & DH were there and back with meds in 2 hrs. Amazing service! She had moments where she felt pretty good after that and was able to enjoy the parks a little the last day (she had been on meds 24 hrs before we let her out of the room).

It was such an incredible trip and I'm dying to go back!! If for noth I ng else but the Poly!

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly! After our first couple of trips to Disney we started doing less park time and more resort time, and the Poly is one of the best resorts (IMO) for resort time ::yes::.

I'm sorry your DD got sick, but glad you were able to get her meds and she felt better to enjoy the parks before going home :).

The best way to get over the post Disney blues is to start planning the next trip! :wizard:

Thank You!!

You're welcome :).

Funny how those horns sound lovely while only at Disney World!

That's for sure! ;)

Reports of the walls being down around the Oasis pool!!
:beach:

How exciting! :yay:

I'm sure they could make it without the sauce, or upsize the nuggets. The child's portion is decently sized, though, my kids have split it before.

I agree as Disney is very accommodating :).

If you had the choice between a DVC standard view studio, a DVC lake view studio, or a Club Level garden view room (we are 3 adults) for 2 nights in early June at the Polynesian Village, which would you pick and why? I've been reading all the 'cutback at Disney' threads currently on the DIS, and one member was saying that Club Level at the deluxe hotels is no longer what it used to be... I am little by little losing my enthusiasm about our upcoming visit. Thank you all for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter