Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the poly at the end of March with our 1 year old. We were lucky to stay at the Poly last year while I was on maternity leave for 7 nights (this will be a much different trip with a toddler lol). We have a DVC at Saratoga springs and were lucky to be staying on our points. I am really going to try to convince my husband that we should make this our home resort. Is the oasis pool opened yet??

Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Currently at the poly and bell services informed me the east pool or quiet pool is targeted to open this weekend if no issues next few days.. !!!:duck:

This is great to hear, thanks for posting :goodvibes.

A couple questions for everyone. I had our travel agent put in for Samoa 3rd floor or Fiji 3rd floor on our reservation. This caused much hassle and she was not happy about it (Fiji is all water view she told me despite Tikiman and TP disagreeing with her). She would not put in a specific room request saying it was not allowed. We will be using a more knowledgable TA for any future trips (yes, she's Disney specific and certified but doesn't seem like she's kept up to date). But in the meantime I have some questions.

1) I've since seen info in places that indicate that the non harbor side of Fiji is very loud during the Luau. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We have young kids who will be sleeping at 9 pm on days we don't go to the fireworks. I'm afraid requesting that LH may have been a mistake.

2) Would it be bad to use the TP fax option if it is not the same as the info on our reservation? It wouldn't be contradictory (in other words, I would stick with something 3rd floor in either Fiji or Samoa) but I don't know if that would cause confusion or annoyance and result in us not getting our request. I don't want to have the conversation with the TA again so the reservation will stay the same but I was hoping to use TP to add the specific room #.

Any info would be appreciated.

Anyone who's stayed/ate at the Poly lately know if I can get Sushi at Kona Cafe during lunch? Or, does Kona Sushi island serve sushi lunch? Thanks!

We switched our dates to July 23-30. @Karebear helped me figure out a better plan. My kids are over the moon now that they know they will have friends there! It's so exciting!

A couple questions for everyone. I had our travel agent put in for Samoa 3rd floor or Fiji 3rd floor on our reservation. This caused much hassle and she was not happy about it (Fiji is all water view she told me despite Tikiman and TP disagreeing with her). She would not put in a specific room request saying it was not allowed. We will be using a more knowledgable TA for any future trips (yes, she's Disney specific and certified but doesn't seem like she's kept up to date). But in the meantime I have some questions.

1) I've since seen info in places that indicate that the non harbor side of Fiji is very loud during the Luau. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We have young kids who will be sleeping at 9 pm on days we don't go to the fireworks. I'm afraid requesting that LH may have been a mistake.

2) Would it be bad to use the TP fax option if it is not the same as the info on our reservation? It wouldn't be contradictory (in other words, I would stick with something 3rd floor in either Fiji or Samoa) but I don't know if that would cause confusion or annoyance and result in us not getting our request. I don't want to have the conversation with the TA again so the reservation will stay the same but I was hoping to use TP to add the specific room #.

I'm sorry your TA isn't being very cooperative. I can't help with your answers as we've never stayed in Fiji or faxed through TP, but wanted to mention that sometimes requests get overlooked, so if you are assigned a room that doesn't meet your requests, you can always ask if a different room is available. It's not guaranteed that your room can be changed, but it never hurts to ask :).

Anyone who's stayed/ate at the Poly lately know if I can get Sushi at Kona Cafe during lunch? Or, does Kona Sushi island serve sushi lunch? Thanks!

I can't answer your questions, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

EXCITING, hope so!::yes:: Can't wait to see it this May. Looking forward to hanging and enjoying both resort pools! :dance3:

I agree, it's very exciting :yay:. May will be here before you know it!

Oasis Pics on Tikiman look great, Can't wait to get there, 70 Days to go!

It won't be long before you're checking into the Poly :wizard:.

We switched our dates to July 23-30. @Karebear helped me figure out a better plan. My kids are over the moon now that they know they will have friends there! It's so exciting!

How exciting for your kids that they will be able to enjoy the Poly with friends! Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We will be at the Poly in 24 days! Our first stay. We are going down to as a surprise trip for my daughters 10th birthday. I did call Disney and had them add it to both my reservations (split stay). We will be down there for her actual birthday. Will they do anything special for her at Poly besides the birthday button? I have planned some special things for her during our time there. I was just curious.

We will be at the Poly in 24 days! Our first stay. We are going down to as a surprise trip for my daughters 10th birthday. I did call Disney and had them add it to both my reservations (split stay). We will be down there for her actual birthday. Will they do anything special for her at Poly besides the birthday button? I have planned some special things for her during our time there. I was just curious.
Pixie dust can happen any time, anywhere, but it would be exactly that - pixie dust. There is nothing "standard" that is done. You can order in room celebrations or a customized cake to be delivered to your princess, though, and she never has to know it came from you! Have a magical trip!!

Pixie dust can happen any time, anywhere, but it would be exactly that - pixie dust. There is nothing "standard" that is done. You can order in room celebrations or a customized cake to be delivered to your princess, though, and she never has to know it came from you! Have a magical trip!!
Thanks! I am having a cake and birthday basket delivered. I was wondering if we are better off going to the desk vs online check in so she can have a chance at some pixie dust! : )

I was wondering if we are better off going to the desk vs online check in so she can have a chance at some pixie dust! : )

I don't think you should 'try' for Pixie Dust, it if happens it happens and you'll all be surprised.

Being in WDW should be Magical enough for any 10 Year old ;)

You are correct and if your Travel Agent wants to email me (tikimanpages@gmail.com) I have the actual list of all the room categories at the resort. All of Fiji and Samoa are standard view and there is no water view category. The Themepark view and Lagoon view rooms all face the north (towards the lagoon) and are only located in Tuvalu and Aotearoa. Did your request get noted?

Kona Island does not make sushi any longer but you can order it from Kona Café or in the evenings order it at the Kona Island from their to-go menu.

So if I call a DW CM and try to request a specific building / room for PVR will they be able to help me? The last time I called the CM simply said I would find out at check-in. I'm not sure if I requested it when I reserved the room (almost a year ago).

So if I call a DW CM and try to request a specific building / room for PVR will they be able to help me? The last time I called the CM simply said I would find out at check-in. I'm not sure if I requested it when I reserved the room (almost a year ago).

The best way to request is to have it noted when you make your reservation. Calling back goes to a call center that may or may not be helpful or successful at making the request. I use a travel agent that makes sure any requests are noted properly. I also politely ask when I get there what is available.

Just wanted to say that sounds like a perfect first day...We have a Poly trip planned for August too..and might just follow that same itinerary!

~Texting question: I asked this over on the CL board but no one seems to know the answer...Is this currently an option for people staying CL at the Poly..? TIA :flower3:

While we are WDW veterans..it's only our 2nd Poly stay...and very first during the summer...and we are so excited about it!

:wave2: Hi Mickeynut!

We LOVE our arrival day! We just relax at the Poly and soak in the atmosphere. Then we go have a nice dinner at California Grill.
As DH & I (and DD!) have gotten older we find that the favorite part of our Disney vacation is just enjoying the resort, eating nice meals, and hanging out in the parks and paying attention to the details. The rides come in a distance 4th place for us!

You are correct and if your Travel Agent wants to email me (tikimanpages@gmail.com) I have the actual list of all the room categories at the resort. All of Fiji and Samoa are standard view and there is no water view category. The Themepark view and Lagoon view rooms all face the north (towards the lagoon) and are only located in Tuvalu and Aotearoa. Did your request get noted?

My request got noted as Fiji 3rd floor or Samoa 3rd floor. I was thinking of using TP to request a specific room via fax. She won't add a request for a specific room.

1) I've since seen info in places that indicate that the non harbor side of Fiji is very loud during the Luau. Can anyone confirm or deny this? We have young kids who will be sleeping at 9 pm on days we don't go to the fireworks. I'm afraid

2) Would it be bad to use the TP fax option if it is not the same as the info on our reservation? It wouldn't

we stayed on the non-harbor side of Fiji and I barely remember hearing the Luau at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter