Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 days away from our first Poly stay thanks to a magical deal, and this thread has been such a great resource! We've got a standard room booked and my only room request was 3rd floor so I'm excited to see what we end up with! :cool1:

One question - do the pools have life jackets available for kids? If so, is there a cost? Or do people bring their own puddle jumpers/arm floaties?

One question - do the pools have life jackets available for kids? If so, is there a cost? Or do people bring their own puddle jumpers/arm floaties?

Yes, life jackets of various sizes are available for free at both pools. Yes, you can bring your own life jacket/puddle jumper/arm floaties, etc. We brought our own puddle jumper for DS when he was younger and this past trip for DD. We ALWAYS tend to almost forget it, we leave sticky notes all over the place to remind us!

Yes I will. It is always my intention to do a report and then never do it. This time I will. We have been taking pictures of everything that we are doing to show our DD after. Thanks again. It is fun to share our excitement with people that understand. :flower1:

Looking forward to hearing all about the trip and seeing all of the pics when you return :goodvibes.

Today's my 40th birthday and my most awesome present is our trip is only 26 days away!!

Happy Birthday! :cake:

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We had a 10 night reservation booked for BC. After reading a poster (Scott) on the BC thread where he was talking about his BC/Poly split stay, I checked with our TA and she was able to change our reservation to 5 nights BC/5 nights Poly. So very excited to stay in the Poly for the first time.

A BC/Poly split is the best of both worlds, IMO. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy your first Poly stay :).

Great thread! I'm currently booked to stay at BC but really considering changing to the Poly. Could someone please tell me if the rooms in Samoa that face the lagoon have king beds? I heard that the only king beds faced the oasis pool. Could someone please confirm this? Thank you! :)

I don't know where king bed rooms are located, but I don't think any rooms in Samoa are considered lagoon view. The Lava pool is on one side, with the Oasis pool on the other. Hopefully others will be able to help with king LV rooms :flower3:.

Checking in tomorrow....
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Have a great trip! :yay: :yay:

8 days away from our first Poly stay thanks to a magical deal, and this thread has been such a great resource! We've got a standard room booked and my only room request was 3rd floor so I'm excited to see what we end up with! :cool1:

Have a great trip! I hope you get your request :cheer2:.

Yes, life jackets of various sizes are available for free at both pools. Yes, you can bring your own life jacket/puddle jumper/arm floaties, etc. We brought our own puddle jumper for DS when he was younger and this past trip for DD. We ALWAYS tend to almost forget it, we leave sticky notes all over the place to remind us!

Thank you! I can totally see us forgetting DD's puddle jumper so at least I don't have to worry if I do.

I'll be staying at the Poly [DVC] for my first time EVER in early December. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread so alive and exciting. :yay:

We are checking into the Poly today for my 40th birthday trip using the magical deal. We requested 3rd floor Fiji or Samoa and got online check-in for room 3615, overlooking the Oasis pool. Checked the view on touring plans, and we are happy!

Have a great time! :jumping1:

I'll be staying at the Poly [DVC] for my first time EVER in early December. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread so alive and exciting. :yay:

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! :).

We are checking into the Poly today for my 40th birthday trip using the magical deal. We requested 3rd floor Fiji or Samoa and got online check-in for room 3615, overlooking the Oasis pool. Checked the view on touring plans, and we are happy!

Happy Birthday!

You will love that view. Last year we were in 3613 and earlier this summer we were in 2614, both Samoa. We had basically the same view except one was a little higher. The new Oasis Pool is awesome and the view is fabulous! Have fun!

Is there a height restriction for the water slide? I don't see one listed anywhere. If my kiddos aren't tall enough I want to prepare them in advance. Thanks!

No height restriction, but you better be prepared to grab any young ones that may be on the weaker side of swimming abilities at the bottom! :-)

I may have to do laundry during our stay, so should I buy regular or He detergent? What does the Poly have?

I may have to do laundry during our stay, so should I buy regular or He detergent? What does the Poly have?
We packed a travel size Tide liquid detergent on our checked bag. If you prefer a certain brand, this might be the best option. Got ours at Target for about $3.00...plenty for a few loads of laundry. They do sell detergent there but I do not recall the brand or price.

There's a vending machine in the laundry room that sells detergent. It's a no name-brand type of powder. Individual boxes. I'm sorry I can't remember the price but I remember thinking it wasn't bad.

A word of warning. I only carry an Amex and a debit card (MasterCard). The detergent vending machine takes Amex but the washer/dryers do NOT. Debit card was fine for the wash but by the time I ran it for the dryer the bank had flagged the multiple small transactions as suspicious and locked my card. Had to call and deal with that which was kind of a pain. I often will notify Amex when I travel for this very reason but had not with the debit card (didn't expect to be using it).

Hi everyone!

I'm interested in staying in the Samoa longhouse and would like a view of the lava pool and lagoon. Does anyone know if the king rooms face that direction or do they only face the direction of the oasis pool?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Hi everyone!

I'm interested in staying in the Samoa longhouse and would like a view of the lava pool and lagoon. Does anyone know if the king rooms face that direction or do they only face the direction of the oasis pool?

Thanks! :goodvibes
Touring Plans says only towards the Oasis pool. Not sure what Tikiman says. I'd assume Tikiman to be more accurate.

Here at the Poly now. We checked in on Sunday. We are in Fiji 3rd floor Marina side. Great View!

I was very disappointed to learn that the grown-up grilled cheese is gone. I know it wasn't on the menu at Captain Cook's anymore but you could still get it. I know I ate a couple last year.

Heading to Ohana for dinner in about half-an-hour!

So I have a DVC reservation booked for this january, we were only able to secure 5 nights and would love to extend it 2 more nights. If I were to book a "villa studio room" what are the chances that we would be able to just stay in the same room? What are the steps I would go through to request that?
Thank in advance :goodvibes
Bumping!

Hello! I have never stayed at the Poly and am thinking about booking it. It will be just me and my DH for our anniversary in May 2017.
Pros and Cons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter