Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here at the Poly now. We checked in on Sunday. We are in Fiji 3rd floor Marina side. Great View!

I was very disappointed to learn that the grown-up grilled cheese is gone. I know it wasn't on the menu at Captain Cook's anymore but you could still get it. I know I ate a couple last year.

Heading to Ohana for dinner in about half-an-hour!
Did you request Fiji third floor?

Hello! I have never stayed at the Poly and am thinking about booking it. It will be just me and my DH for our anniversary in May 2017.
Pros and Cons?

Well its subjective of course because everone has their favorite resorts... pros in my opinion are that its a very relaxing atmosphere, you truly feel on vacation here, grounds are beautiful. Restaurants are great. Monorail. Views. Compact layout. BIg room sizes. Dole whips. Trader Sams. Cons would be cost, and all the general cons that apply to staying at a disney resort in general... certainly not enough cons to keep me away in any case.

Anyone know if the elevators in the DVC longhouse are any bigger than the ones in Aotearoa?

I've got three kids. This will be our third stay at the Poly but first in DVC. We've stayed in the first floor the past two years in part because those elevators wouldn't fit a double stroller, six year old and mon and dad!

So excited to get back to the Poly!!!! Come on January 28, 2017!! It seems like an eternity away!!!!

The Car Care Center is just down the road from the Polynesian. You are able to call ahead for a pick-up and the CCC will send a bus/van to pick you up and take you to the rental office. These are Alamo/National rentals and you can get an AP discount, if you have one--or AAA as well. Very easy and close to the Polynesian. :thumbsup2
How do you go about getting the AP discount? Is it something you book in advance? TIA!

How do you go about getting the AP discount? Is it something you book in advance? TIA!

If you book in advance (online) you enter the AP code from your passholder sleeve and it generates a price with the reduced rate. You can also present you pass at the time you rent (if not in advance) and the rate will be reduced.

Here at the Poly now. We checked in on Sunday. We are in Fiji 3rd floor Marina side. Great View!

I was very disappointed to learn that the grown-up grilled cheese is gone. I know it wasn't on the menu at Captain Cook's anymore but you could still get it. I know I ate a couple last year.

LOVE 3d floor, marina view of Fiji :cloud9:
I hope you had a great dinner at 'Ohana.
Have fun!

Hello there!
We are DVC members staying at the Poly in October and both love to start the day with an early morning swim.
Is that even going to be possible?
Upon searching, I see that in the off season that the pool doesn't open until 10am which would be a huge shame
Are you not allowed to access even the quiet pool at around 8am?
Thanks for your help!

If you book in advance (online) you enter the AP code from your passholder sleeve and it generates a price with the reduced rate. You can also present you pass at the time you rent (if not in advance) and the rate will be reduced.
Thank you!

So I have a DVC reservation booked for this january, we were only able to secure 5 nights and would love to extend it 2 more nights. If I were to book a "villa studio room" what are the chances that we would be able to just stay in the same room? What are the steps I would go through to request that?
Thank in advance :goodvibes

When both are cash reservations booked through Disney (same room type), you can have the reservations linked with a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. However, if one is booked with points and the other cash, I'm not sure how that would work as I don't have experience with DVC/points, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Hi everyone!

I'm interested in staying in the Samoa longhouse and would like a view of the lava pool and lagoon. Does anyone know if the king rooms face that direction or do they only face the direction of the oasis pool?

Thanks! :goodvibes

One side of Samoa overlooks the Lava pool and the other side overlooks the Oasis pool. You might be able to see a glimpse of the lagoon looking to the side, but it wouldn't be a direct LV. I think there's a map on the first page of this thread that will show you which longhouses face the lagoon (although it wouldn't specify king rooms).

Hope you're having a great time! :wizard:.

Hello! I have never stayed at the Poly and am thinking about booking it. It will be just me and my DH for our anniversary in May 2017.
Pros and Cons?

I don't have any cons for the Poly, but we love it the following reasons:

- beautiful grounds
- great dining options
- beach for watching fireworks
- relaxing, tropical atmosphere
- great views of the castle
- large, spacious rooms
- convenient for getting to MK/Epcot

I think the Poly is a great resort for an anniversary trip :goodvibes.

Anyone know if the elevators in the DVC longhouse are any bigger than the ones in Aotearoa?

I've got three kids. This will be our third stay at the Poly but first in DVC. We've stayed in the first floor the past two years in part because those elevators wouldn't fit a double stroller, six year old and mon and dad!

So excited to get back to the Poly!!!! Come on January 28, 2017!! It seems like an eternity away!!!!

I can't answer about the elevators, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip. January will be here before you know it :wizard:.

Hello there!
We are DVC members staying at the Poly in October and both love to start the day with an early morning swim.
Upon searching, I see that in the off season that the pool doesn't open until 10am which would be a huge shame
Thanks for your help!

Hope you have a great time! I can't help with the pool hours, but hopefully others will be able to answer :).

Last edited:
Hello there!
Thanks for your help!

The Oasis pool should open well before the Lava pool. The Oasis is an unguarded pool versus the themed Lava pool which has the slide. Presently, the hours for the Oasis opening is 7:00 a.m.--I know that changes seasonally and since it has not been open that long, it is hard to know what the hours will be at the various seasons.

Touring Plans says only towards the Oasis pool. Not sure what Tikiman says. I'd assume Tikiman to be more accurate.

Tikiman says the same. I didn't know how accurate the information was so thought I'd ask on here. I guess if both sites say the same thing then I'll go with that

When both are cash reservations booked through Disney (same room type), you can have the reservations linked with a request to keep the same room. When you check in for the first reservation, tell the CM you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. However, if one is booked with points and the other cash, I'm not sure how that would work as I don't have experience with DVC/points, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

Thanks for your response :goodvibes
I'm most likely going to chance it and book a villa room for the last two nights. I like the DVC building choices and it's only $5 more expensive than a standard poly room!
Now just trying to hold out as long as possible for room discounts!

I had this exact situation a few weeks ago so it's a fresh answer haha When it's a DVC reservation and then a cash reservation through DVC they can link them through DVC and the likelihood is high you will remain in the same room unless it's of course a different room type. Now if you book on cash and DVC they just make a notation on each reservation because they don't have access to one anothers systems and the likelihood is lower that you will be in the same room but they still will make it happen if possible. I specifically asked this question when I checked in because I paid the extra amount to have a DVC cash reservation to get them linked, AP rate was lower but I really wanted to stay in the same room as DS has special needs.

I did add on a cash day at the end while we were there last minute and was able to get the AP rate and stayed in the same room, but went to the desk to arrange it all basically because no way did I think it would even be available at the regular rate. The CM's were amazing at helping us. Morning of I still had to run to the front desk and check out and in but it all went smoothly.

Have been meaning to pop in ever since our quick weekend at the Poly last month....although not WDW newbies at all...it was a first summer time stay at the Poly....and I have to say...the summer time vibe was truly wonderful...we so enjoyed the new Oasis Pool..and the poolside food and beverage service too...

Enjoying the resort itself during the colder weather was nice...but enjoying the resort/ grounds/pools...and the general tropical feel...mixed in with the magic that comes from being a stones throw from the MK...and all the sights and sounds that come with that was sooooo nice....:lovestruc

So while I will always be a GF fan tried and true....I totally get all of the love that the Poly gets around here....

Excited to say we have a return trip that is just around the bend.....:flower: doing the singe digit dance :dance3:....Really hope this trip will be as nice as the last....and since its a bit longer...we are looking forward to spending even more resort time...soaking it all in....:goodvibes

I never knew there are AP discounts. Thanks for that info.

I am going absolutely stir crazy! Jonesing hard for Disney and literally nothing to do. Trip is 24 days away...too soon to pack (without looking like a lunatic, though our "Disney Box", which is our version of an Owner's Locker, is always packed and ready to go). Nothing to do but stare at the clock, that I swear is ticking backwards, and try to watch our favorite vlogs. Our magic bands should be here any day, I've already started a thread about the wackiness of how they are shipped. HELP! What do I DO????

I am going absolutely stir crazy! Jonesing hard for Disney and literally nothing to do. Trip is 24 days away...too soon to pack (without looking like a lunatic, though our "Disney Box", which is our version of an Owner's Locker, is always packed and ready to go). Nothing to do but stare at the clock, that I swear is ticking backwards, and try to watch our favorite vlogs. Our magic bands should be here any day, I've already started a thread about the wackiness of how they are shipped. HELP! What do I DO????

Post here...lol...and share the pre trip excitement with others who understand!!!! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes ::yes::

I had 2 nights booked with Lagoon view (DVC) and 1 night standard for my stay this September. When my waitlist came through they automatically connected the two separate reservations under one - not sure if that is because it was a DVC waitlist or in general but I think you can just call and have them link the two and you should be okay.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter