Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, GADisneyDad14. 7:30 sounds great...great tip on letting the crowd die down a bit before taking photos! I'm glad to hear that the monorail might be a possibility.

If we plan on leaving TTC at 7:15, would that get us to the park by 7:30?
I'd give yourself a half hour in case you need to wait on a ferry or monorail.

We just got back from a wonderful vacation at the POLY!!! Had request for Samoa Balcony, got Rarotonga 1st floor, and I think I couldn't have loved it more!!! It was close to everything even had a king bed which I also had requested. Didn't know Rarotonga had Kings? but they do... Everything went pretty well according to plans except couldn't last long enough to catch the fireworks everynight even with a mid day break still got tired... did manage to catch the new Star Wars fireworks and they were AWESOME!!! only let down was BOG had to wait even with a reservation, service was not that great and almost missed our Fast Passes for later, caught them with one minute to spare. MNSSHP was Great!!! went on the 11th. Was our first party for Halloween. All in All it was a great vacation could have been cooler cause IT WAS HOT!!!!!! I sweated more than I think I ever have, took three baths a day...lol
I LOVE THE POLY!!! Will definitely go back...:love::goofy::mickeyjum:donald:OH the need more Umbrellas at the pools!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

We currently have a stay booked at beach club/grand Floridian for May. Most of our trips have been Epcot centered and we truly love the beach club. However, every trip we've taken its been a little different. Last trip they seemed most interested in AK, the two beach club trips it was Epcot (making bc perfect). After asking about restaurants and parks and rides and activities and planning our days, i noticed most of our time was planned for the MK. This got me thinking and checking and well poly is only around $500 more. The thought of not commuting as much is very tempting. But my kids are very resistant to changing. We were all a little burned on our last trip at CBR. I think the idea of something new (ie not BC or AKL) is scaring everyone.

Has anyone here stayed at both? Basically looking for options. Are the rooms as dark as AKL? And are daybeds in every room (a guaranteed daubed would be a HUGE selling point to my tween). We very much enjoy resort time and spend a lot of time swimming and enjoying what the resort offers. I know the volcano pool doesn't rival storms long bay, but I'm hoping it's fun enough to sell the kids on. I am going solo in November for one night (CSR), do you think they would let me see a room so I could get a feel if it's worth the switch??

Sorry for the essay!

We are arriving at the Poly in less than 10 days! It will be our first time there! :)

Do they sell cases of water in the gift shop? We have done Garden Grocer in the past- but this is a shorter stay - so we were just hoping for some bottled water!

Thanks!

We are arriving at the Poly in less than 10 days! It will be our first time there! :)

Do they sell cases of water in the gift shop? We have done Garden Grocer in the past- but this is a shorter stay - so we were just hoping for some bottled water!

Thanks!

Yup. $6.99 for twenty-four 12oz. bottles of Dasani.

We just got back from a wonderful vacation at the POLY!!! Had request for Samoa Balcony, got Rarotonga 1st floor, and I think I couldn't have loved it more!!! It was close to everything even had a king bed which I also had requested. Didn't know Rarotonga had Kings? but they do... Everything went pretty well according to plans except couldn't last long enough to catch the fireworks everynight even with a mid day break still got tired... did manage to catch the new Star Wars fireworks and they were AWESOME!!! only let down was BOG had to wait even with a reservation, service was not that great and almost missed our Fast Passes for later, caught them with one minute to spare. MNSSHP was Great!!! went on the 11th. Was our first party for Halloween. All in All it was a great vacation could have been cooler cause IT WAS HOT!!!!!! I sweated more than I think I ever have, took three baths a day...lol
I LOVE THE POLY!!! Will definitely go back...:love::goofy::mickeyjum:donald:OH the need more Umbrellas at the pools!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly! Sorry you didn't get your requested room/location, but glad you loved Rarotonga :goodvibes.

Hi everyone!

We currently have a stay booked at beach club/grand Floridian for May. Most of our trips have been Epcot centered and we truly love the beach club. However, every trip we've taken its been a little different. Last trip they seemed most interested in AK, the two beach club trips it was Epcot (making bc perfect). After asking about restaurants and parks and rides and activities and planning our days, i noticed most of our time was planned for the MK. This got me thinking and checking and well poly is only around $500 more. The thought of not commuting as much is very tempting. But my kids are very resistant to changing. We were all a little burned on our last trip at CBR. I think the idea of something new (ie not BC or AKL) is scaring everyone.

Has anyone here stayed at both? Basically looking for options. Are the rooms as dark as AKL? And are daybeds in every room (a guaranteed daubed would be a HUGE selling point to my tween). We very much enjoy resort time and spend a lot of time swimming and enjoying what the resort offers. I know the volcano pool doesn't rival storms long bay, but I'm hoping it's fun enough to sell the kids on. I am going solo in November for one night (CSR), do you think they would let me see a room so I could get a feel if it's worth the switch??

Sorry for the essay!

We've stayed at all of the resorts you mention and while we've had great stays at all of them, the Poly is our favorite for many reasons. The tropical atmosphere is relaxing, the beach is great for watching fireworks (you can also watch while swimming in the pool), and the rooms are large and spacious (much larger, IMO, than the BC rooms), just to name a few. We also love the Poly pool as it's our favorite of all the resort pools we've experienced (including SAB). We haven't been back to the Poly since the room refurbs and while we didn't find the old rooms too dark, the refurbed rooms (from pics) seem a little brighter to me. If the extra cost is doable, I'd give the Poly a try ;).

Do all poly rooms, including standard view, include a daybed?

Yes :)

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly! Sorry you didn't get your requested room/location, but glad you loved Rarotonga :goodvibes.

We've stayed at all of the resorts you mention and while we've had great stays at all of them, the Poly is our favorite for many reasons. The tropical atmosphere is relaxing, the beach is great for watching fireworks (you can also watch while swimming in the pool), and the rooms are large and spacious (much larger, IMO, than the BC rooms), just to name a few. We also love the Poly pool as it's our favorite of all the resort pools we've experienced (including SAB). We haven't been back to the Poly since the room refurbs and while we didn't find the old rooms too dark, the refurbed rooms (from pics) seem a little brighter to me. If the extra cost is doable, I'd give the Poly a try ;).

Yes :)

Thank you! The cost is so minimal that it's completely doable. I switched. I'm sure with your opinion on the pool after also experiencing SAB, they'll be sold. The guaranteed daybed is almost a no brainer for the tween who refuses to sleep with anyone. I feel a little bittersweet doing this to my favourite place ever (BC), but not commuting as much will be worth its weight in gold! Never even thought about fireworks. We always have to leave since our little one has sensory issues and can only handle them from a distance! Is the music piped in?

Last edited:
Thank you! The cost is so minimal that it's completely doable. I switched. I'm sure with your opinion on the pool after also experiencing SAB, they'll be sold. The guaranteed daybed is almost a no brainer for the tween who refuses to sleep with anyone. I feel a little bittersweet doing this to my favourite place ever (BC), but not committing as much will be worth its weight in gold! Never even thought about fireworks. We always have to leave since our little one has sensory issues and can only handle them from a distance! Is the music piped in?

You're welcome! :)

I don't think you'll regret switching! The Poly is a beautiful resort and the larger room and guaranteed daybed is a big selling point, IMO. Also, seeing the castle and fireworks daily from the resort is amazing, so it will be great for your family to be able to sit/swim at the resort and not miss the fireworks. I have read different reports lately about the music as some have reported it being piped in, while others have said they can't hear it. Hopefully others will post any recent experiences :wizard:.

I'm having trouble making it through all 421 pages in this post :). We're staying at the Poly Villas (deluxe studio) the week after Thanksgiving. Are there any particular room requests that I should make?

Hello!,

Thanks to questions about the resorts, I have decided that the Poly will be the one we book for our May 1-7 vacation (first time WDW trip, with 12 and 10 yr old kids and DH). The price difference between standard view and TP view is about $1700 (I'm Canadian so that's over $2000) so even though I would love to splurge, I think I'll stay with Standard view.

I was hoping for a recommendation on what rooms (and floors) I should request.

Also, what the best room requests for water views?

TIA

We leave in a few days! I can't believe after 9 months of planning it's finally here! Any last tips or advice!?

Just wanted to say have a great trip! We arrive in 7 days :hyper:

It will be my first time staying here so can't give you much advice, but wa

Us too, we've been planning our trip for over a year, I never thought it would get here!

We leave in a few days! I can't believe after 9 months of planning it's finally here! Any last tips or advice!?
We leave next week after 11 months of planning. My best advice is, after all the planning and time, to sit back, relax, and enjoy whatever comes your way! I think the main downfall for us planners is setting our own expectations so high that they just cannot be met. I keep telling myself not to expect perfection, expect the unexpected, and feel good about the fact that all this planning will help make a wonderful (if not perfect) vacation!

I'm having trouble making it through all 421 pages in this post :). We're staying at the Poly Villas (deluxe studio) the week after Thanksgiving. Are there any particular room requests that I should make?

I can't help with room requests as we've never stayed in a studio, but hopefully others will give some suggestions :flower3:.

Hello!,

Thanks to questions about the resorts, I have decided that the Poly will be the one we book for our May 1-7 vacation (first time WDW trip, with 12 and 10 yr old kids and DH). The price difference between standard view and TP view is about $1700 (I'm Canadian so that's over $2000) so even though I would love to splurge, I think I'll stay with Standard view.

I was hoping for a recommendation on what rooms (and floors) I should request.

Also, what the best room requests for water views?

TIA

Congrats on your first upcoming Disney trip. The Poly is great, you're going to love it! I don't think there are any bad views/locations, but our favorite is Samoa. Samoa is conveniently located as it's just steps from both pools, the GCH, the beach, and Captain Cooks. Happy planning :wizard:.

It seems like a long time when you book that far in advance, but the time really does go fast. Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

It will be my first time staying here so can't give you much advice, but wanted to say have a great time and it is amazing how fast 9 months can fly by!

The Poly is an amazing resort, you're going to love it :).

We arrive in 7 days :hyper:

Have a great trip! :yay:

We leave next week after 11 months of planning.

Have a great trip :wizard:.

We are staying in a studio villa this winter and I've heard that a pack n play or small crib will fit in the half bath (with the shower only). Does anyone have a photo of a pack n play/crib in that bathroom? I just want to make sure there will be space enough for me to squeeze in to put my DD down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter