Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can request ground floor. It's just a request but I would maybe note the mobility requirements? I can't comment on whether there are some elevators that are better for scooters aor not.

And any news about noodles/pot sticker availability at Tambu Lounge currently? Thanks!

They were still available when I was down there a couple of weeks ago. And the bread pudding is at Kona though it’s not on the menu.

I just tried to book for April school vacation 2022 (we just got our calendar for next year - ours is a week later this year - April 18th week) and the Poly is completely sold out - every room category. I tried every weird date combos too like a tues to a friday making it more than a week less than a week and nothing! Rats!!!! Now I have to figure out another time to go! If I put in May or June dates there are rooms. Our school does their state testing in May but won't release the dates so I'm nervous about picking a week in May and it be the testing. Just venting!!! Thanks for listening!
Have you considered renting dvc points? You wouldn’t be in the Moana rooms but they will have finished the soft goods refurb by then, and the availability looks good.

Hi everyone! We stayed at the Poly in 2019 and the only problem we had was the elevators are super tiny. I'm on a scooter due to a bad knee, so it was a nightmare trying to get the scooter in (my sons had to pick it up and turn it). Question: Is there any room that I could request where an elevator wouldn't be required? Or one that's big enough for a scooter? Not sure if you can request ground floor in advance or what. TY!
On the DVC side, we stayed in Moorea and we were able to squeeze my wife's scooter in the elevator (barely). But when we walked down the hall to get to our room, we discovered that there was a much larger (service?) elevator around the corner from the small elevator. It didn't have any signage indicating that it was for staff use only and several times CMs were there and they were perfectly fine with us using it.

Hi guys, I'm considering a stay in a studio. My question is would it be too cramped for 3 adults and 2 kids? We would only be staying a couple nights before switching to a bigger place.
My family of 4 just got back from staying in a studio - my daughters are 9 and 6. Having a 5th person (especially an adult) would have been really tight in my opinion. We really struggled with the lack of drawers to store our stuff.

Hi guys, I'm considering a stay in a studio. My question is would it be too cramped for 3 adults and 2 kids? We would only be staying a couple nights before switching to a bigger place.

We‘re a family of 5 going at the end of August and staying in a Studio. Not worried at all because you pretty much only sleep in your room.

We‘re a family of 5 going at the end of August and staying in a Studio. Not worried at all because you pretty much only sleep in your room.

Truth! We've stayed at POR several times, granted not Poly but basically a studio, with 5 people and had plenty of space. We are light packers, though.

Truth! We've stayed at POR several times, granted not Poly but basically a studio, with 5 people and had plenty of space. We are light packers, though.
Being a light packer would have definitely helped us! LOL! The Poly DVC studios only have 2 drawers (under the queen bed) and you can only fit 2 large suitcases under the bed. I really struggled with where to put all of our stuff. Some hooks on the wall in the entry hallway would have been helpful.

What are some good resources to help figure out room request options?

We have a standard view studio booked for August.

When is the monorail to the Polynesian expected to open? We are staying there mid-August and I really hope it’s running by then!

When is the monorail to the Polynesian expected to open? We are staying there mid-August and I really hope it’s running by then!

Disney has not announced anything. Most of us have assumed it will be finished around the time the hotel side (or at least some of the hotel side) reopens 7/16, but of course TBD.

We are officially booked for a Lagoon View from October 27-November 4, 2022. Super excited! We went for the first time in December and stayed at CBR. It was just too large for our taste.

We wanted a one bedroom villa at Riviera, but they were already gone when we tried to book yesterday. Can’t wait to have a dole whip and rum on the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter