Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're set to arrive to the Poly on July 24. The first 2 nights we have a TPV room and then we have 7 nights with a lagoon view room. We're considering requesting the Tuvalu Longhouse but am struggling with requesting the 1st floor or 3rd floor. I know it's only a request but I'm wondering if anyone has a preference.

Normally we try to stay club level and love the ability to walk out of a 1st floor room of the Hawaii building because there's a larger open space and nothing right in front of you. Since club level isn't an option for this trip, we will have to request a different building but I'm not sure what the 1st floor of Tuvalu has for a patio area or if sitting on the patio isn't good because of the rope fence (like is there any space beyond the patio? is there a walk way in front of the rooms?). I've tried to search for pictures of the outdoor patio space for Tuvalu but can't find anything.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

We're set to arrive to the Poly on July 24. The first 2 nights we have a TPV room and then we have 7 nights with a lagoon view room. We're considering requesting the Tuvalu Longhouse but am struggling with requesting the 1st floor or 3rd floor. I know it's only a request but I'm wondering if anyone has a preference.

Normally we try to stay club level and love the ability to walk out of a 1st floor room of the Hawaii building because there's a larger open space and nothing right in front of you. Since club level isn't an option for this trip, we will have to request a different building but I'm not sure what the 1st floor of Tuvalu has for a patio area or if sitting on the patio isn't good because of the rope fence (like is there any space beyond the patio? is there a walk way in front of the rooms?). I've tried to search for pictures of the outdoor patio space for Tuvalu but can't find anything.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Not a great view, but maybe this image helps. It’s normal first floor patios, with a strip of grassy landscaping then the fence.

If this were me - given how few TPV rooms there are - I would request third floor as first choice, first floor as second choice - or something along those lines.

928172AC-78CB-4339-AE9B-1BB227D3D055.jpeg

Although with any luck, maybe Hawaii will be done and they’ll be putting some TPV folks there (obviously huge TBD on that since we don’t know if it will be done).

Not sure if this info was already posted/helpful, but for Capt. Cook’s, you need to order at the register for any allergy items (e.g., gluten-free). At least currently. The app does not show them as options. Kona Cafe to-go does/you can order them on the app.

Not a great view, but maybe this image helps. It’s normal first floor patios, with a strip of grassy landscaping then the fence.

If this were me - given how few TPV rooms there are - I would request third floor as first choice, first floor as second choice - or something along those lines.

View attachment 583207

Although with any luck, maybe Hawaii will be done and they’ll be putting some TPV folks there (obviously huge TBD on that since we don’t know if it will be done).

Thanks so much for the photo! It helps a lot. I would love if they put people in Hawaii . . . but we're not counting on it. I know whatever we get will be magical. We've had to cancel this trip before (once due to my husband's emergency heart surgery, once due to a change in jobs, and once due to COVID). We just can't wait to be at Disney and soak up the magic.

Hi all. This thread is packed with information and I'm relying heavily on it to plan my first stay at The Polynesian. Can someone give me some walking times please? At a leisurely pace about how long would it take to walk to the following from the main building (Great Ceremonial House?):

1-Main building/Lobby at Grand Floridian
2-Narcoossees
3-Magic Kingdom
4-TTC

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all. This thread is packed with information and I'm relying heavily on it to plan my first stay at The Polynesian. Can someone give me some walking times please? At a leisurely pace about how long would it take to walk to the following from the main building (Great Ceremonial House?):

1-Main building/Lobby at Grand Floridian
2-Narcoossees
3-Magic Kingdom
4-TTC

Thanks in advance :)
It’s so hard lol. I don’t look at my watch,

However from poly RESORT/not dvc it’s close time wise to get to gf or ttc. It really depends on building.

N is only maybe 3-5 minutes longer than poly to gf resort.
MK from poly I would not do unless: want to explore, love to walk, kid in a stroller sleeping. I would take boat from poly or walk to ttc or gf and mono in.

If you on side of marina closer to gf then gf is closer, if you on side closer to pools then maybe ttc closer.

It’s so hard lol. I don’t look at my watch,

However from poly RESORT/not dvc it’s close time wise to get to gf or ttc. It really depends on building.

N is only maybe 3-5 minutes longer than poly to gf resort.
MK from poly I would not do unless: want to explore, love to walk, kid in a stroller sleeping. I would take boat from poly or walk to ttc or gf and mono in.

If you on side of marina closer to gf then gf is closer, if you on side closer to pools then maybe ttc closer.
So helpful! Thank you :)

Checked in today. Path to GF is closed until the day after we leave! I guess boat to MK is best after breakfast at Grand Ceremonial House and in most instances, monorail from TTC if staying on DVC side.

Checked in today. Path to GF is closed until the day after we leave! I guess boat to MK is best after breakfast at Grand Ceremonial House and in most instances, monorail from TTC if staying on DVC side.

Does anyone know how long the path to the GF will be closed for? We have a reservation for Narcoosee's on the 5th...

Does anyone know how long the path to the GF will be closed for? We have a reservation for Narcoosee's on the 5th...
The cast member at checkin said it would reopen June 25th and then swallowed her words when we she saw we are leaving 24th! Oddly they said no bus to MK and only monorail and boats 45 minutes prior to opening.

The cast member at checkin said it would reopen June 25th and then swallowed her words when we she saw we are leaving 24th! Oddly they said no bus to MK and only monorail and boats 45 minutes prior to opening.

No buses to MK???

The no bus to MK thing sounds a little odd, as they have been running buses to MK so far. I’ve had plenty of bad transportation info provided by resort CMs before - even though it shouldn’t be this way, it’s different departments and Disney isn’t the greatest with giving their frontline CMs all the info they may need to know to give guests the right info.

I’d like to see more on the ground reports before drawing conclusions.

I really thought the monorail would be done by around the 4th of July. Judging by those photos, it doesn't look like it.

Seems like alot of work left when close to actual opening. Figured that might try to have monorail open by the time Ohana opens

Do any frequent visitors to the Poly have any insight regarding standard hotel rooms? Is there a building or location that is better to include as a request?

Also, is there a good place to bookmark (other than this board) for construction updates? We aren't visiting until next April so I'm hoping most of the work will be done by then.

Thank you!

Heading to Poly next month, the 13th-16th. Curious about pool security. It is just my husband and me this trip, but my brother and sister -in-law have reservations at Old Key West the 16th-18th. Could I add their names to my reservation on the night of the 15th so they could hang out at the pools with us during the day on the 16th? They are Florida residents so they can get there early and we are transferring to Beach Club that night, so we will just be hanging out at the pools once we check out.

Heading to Poly next month, the 13th-16th. Curious about pool security. It is just my husband and me this trip, but my brother and sister -in-law have reservations at Old Key West the 16th-18th. Could I add their names to my reservation on the night of the 15th so they could hang out at the pools with us during the day on the 16th? They are Florida residents so they can get there early and we are transferring to Beach Club that night, so we will just be hanging out at the pools once we check out.
You can ask at the front desk for guest passes. If this is a dvc reservation, you can definitely add them to your resort reservation if there are only 2 of you in the room and that would be easy peasy to modify on the dvc site!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter