Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you that’s helpful! I’d be staying in the hotel portion. Trying to determine if construction should be a factor deciding between GF and Poly! We have stayed at GF once and loved it but have never stayed at Poly and have 2 small kids.
Tower construction has really only been an issue when booking what used to be standard and is now "resort" view. A bunch of those rooms have potential view of construction. If you want to avoid it, you'll need to book water view and request the Samoa longhouse...Fiji has some resort view which has some rooms overlooking the construction site and some rooms that are water view that face the marina. The marina view rooms you might hear noise during the day when they're working, if you are a midday nap family. We are, and stayed in Samoa last summer and did not hear or see construction, we were totally unimpacted.

Painting is another story, but that sort of thing is far less intrusive as a rule.

Are the Poly pools heated? We are coming in Jan. 2025.
Yes, all are heated. Whether they will be heated “enough” for your tastes in any given typical January is debatable though. :-)

I usually stay at the Poly for 7-10 days in January, and typically find that there are usually 2-3 good, hot pool days, 2-3 that are really just too cold even with the heated pools, and then the rest are in between. Good luck!

I usually stay at the Poly for 7-10 days in January, and typically find that there are usually 2-3 good, hot pool days, 2-3 that are really just too cold even with the heated pools, and then the rest are in between. Good luck!
Even on sunny and warm days, we find all the WDW pools to be hit-or-miss in January.

We had 4 glorious 80-degree days during our most recent stay, when we stayed in 3 different Disney hotels in 4 nights. A couple of the pools were OK, while one was just too chilly to enjoy.

A little noisier around the resort with the exterior stuff going on. That sheet metal roof trim being screwed in isn’t exactly quiet. Still not bad overall though, unless you require absolute perfection. The outside will be done soon enough.

Attachments

• IMG_8283.jpeg
    IMG_8283.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8284.jpeg
    IMG_8284.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 62
A little noisier around the resort with the exterior stuff going on. That sheet metal roof trim being screwed in isn’t exactly quiet. Still not bad overall though, unless you require absolute perfection. The outside will be done soon enough.
Hm…not getting South Pacific vibes from that building that’s for sure.
I’ll try to stay positive and think of the nice restaurants, shops, and views this mega building will bring.

I don’t own DVC and generally dislike the slow DVC takeover of the hotels (I mean that with all due respect DVC folks!), but I’m excited about the tower. Sure there will be a few negatives, but I think on the whole it will be a net positive addition to the resort. I do really like the way it looks from other spots along the Seven Seas Lagoon, eg, from CR and spots on the monorail. Fits the kinetic energy of the lagoon nicely, IMHO. I am reserving judgement on the exterior until finished - they haven’t really screwed up anything on the Seven Seas Lagoon in 50+ years, hoping now is not the time! 😂

I don’t own DVC and generally dislike the slow DVC takeover of the hotels (I mean that with all due respect DVC folks!), but I’m excited about the tower. Sure there will be a few negatives, but I think on the whole it will be a net positive addition to the resort. I do really like the way it looks from other spots along the Seven Seas Lagoon, eg, from CR and spots on the monorail. Fits the kinetic energy of the lagoon nicely, IMHO. I am reserving judgement on the exterior until finished - they haven’t really screwed up anything on the Seven Seas Lagoon in 50+ years, hoping now is not the time! 😂

At night, from the Poly beach, having that big thing there doesn't look nice and kills the mood IMO. Wait until all the lights from it go on. Hope it doesn't mess up the vibe even more. Just stands out of place to me and looks like a generic building.

But yes let's see how its themed on the outside first. I agree with that. I am also concerned about all those people who will now be joining the boats and monorail in at the poly. Gonna be a mad house

I really really hate the exterior of the tower.

But I really really hated the Riviera until I visited it in person.

And I really really hated Gran Destino, and now it's possibly my favorite place to stay.

So yeah, I lament the 'decorate a big box' approach to modern Disney hotel design, but they've earned some trust from me. They've proven that they can execute on a million little details that produce an end result that overcomes the limitations of the basic design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter