Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My selections I made last night are still there, I went in to check, and also to see if near transportation was back but it is not. Wonder if that was way too popular so they just removed it. Near Stairs is there though :confused3

I'm sure the answer to my question is somewhere in here, but there are 100's of pages to sort through, so I will just ask again- If I book a room, but have a friend booking a separate room under their own account (going to book through the Disney site), what is the best way to make sure we get rooms in the same building and preferably near one another? If I speak to a customer service person, would they be able to look up the other persons info to make sure we are near each other, or is it just a matter of trying to ask for a specific building and floor request and hoping they put us near each other?

I'm sure the answer to my question is somewhere in here, but there are 100's of pages to sort through, so I will just ask again- If I book a room, but have a friend booking a separate room under their own account (going to book through the Disney site), what is the best way to make sure we get rooms in the same building and preferably near one another? If I speak to a customer service person, would they be able to look up the other persons info to make sure we are near each other, or is it just a matter of trying to ask for a specific building and floor request and hoping they put us near each other?

You're best bet is to call, give the CM both confirmation numbers and ask them to link them as "traveling with". Then you make a single request on your reservation of "near reservation xxxxxx" and have your friend do the same.

Just beware that this really is only a request. There's no way to make sure it happens.

As @dansdad mentioned it is only a request. 2 years ago we were going to Disney with my brother and SIL. We linked our reservations when we did online check-in but we were still very far apart - 60's and 90's. After the first night there were able to move my bro and SIL but it meant them not being able to unpack until the second day.

Disney will do their best to accommodate requests but there is no guarantee.

Is there something going on Feb 1st and 2nd? My friend had a really hard time getting a room for those nights and the new discount is unavailable already. Is seems like that would be an off time. (None of the Values are available.)

Is there something going on Feb 1st and 2nd? My friend had a really hard time getting a room for those nights and the new discount is unavailable already. Is seems like that would be an off time. (None of the Values are available.)

I believe Mardi Gras (think Jersey Week as LA schools have breaks then) falls in the first week of Feb which is also when there is a big Dance and Cheer competition as well.

The deals for the values went within minutes for most dates that they are offered.

There should be availability paying rack rate. The values only received a 10% discount I believe so it wasn't much of a savings.

If it helps at all we have an 8 night trip planned and the room only discount was only $97.

I believe Mardi Gras (think Jersey Week as LA schools have breaks then) falls in the first week of Feb which is also when there is a big Dance and Cheer competition as well.

Mardi Gras is Feb. 13. I know there are always big dance/cheer events in early February, as well as international tour groups. I was at POP 2/4-2/11 this year and saw a bunch of various groups throughout my week. There will also be one or two buildings out of inventory because of room renovations, so fewer rooms available to start with.

The deals for the values went within minutes for most dates that they are offered.

There should be availability paying rack rate. The values only received a 10% discount I believe so it wasn't much of a savings.

If it helps at all we have an 8 night trip planned and the room only discount was only $97.

That's comforting to hear. I just booked rack rates for a trip in May 2018. I was worried that the rooms would disappear before the discount for them came out. At least now I have two rooms and if I can apply a discount later that's icing on the cake.

Wow, discounts are sure getting stingy. WDW prob only put aside a very small % of rooms for discounts.

That's comforting to hear. I just booked rack rates for a trip in May 2018. I was worried that the rooms would disappear before the discount for them came out. At least now I have two rooms and if I can apply a discount later that's icing on the cake.

I think this is such a good idea!!! Sadly I heard of a number of people this week who not only missed getting deals but also couldn't find what they wanted, even paying rack rate because their desired resort or room category was gone once the deals came out.

My suggestion is to book what you want as soon as you know it to ensure you get what you want. Some don't agree but I can relax knowing I've secured the dates, resort and room category that works best for our family. I can't concern myself with weather this will reduce the number of rooms Disney releases or not because I'm finding less and less availability on release date.

Exactly, I have my flights booked and we are going no matter what. I'm still hoping for a discount but it won't change my plans either way. (Shhh! don't tell Disney)

I think this is such a good idea!!! Sadly I heard of a number of people this week who not only missed getting deals but also couldn't find what they wanted, even paying rack rate because their desired resort or room category was gone once the deals came out.

My suggestion is to book what you want as soon as you know it to ensure you get what you want. Some don't agree but I can relax knowing I've secured the dates, resort and room category that works best for our family. I can't concern myself with weather this will reduce the number of rooms Disney releases or not because I'm finding less and less availability on release date.

I agree. Book the room you can afford and will be satisfied with, regardless of whether a discount comes out or not. If one does, it's icing on the cake.

Where there is an issue, is when people book a room KNOWING they can't afford that room unless a discount comes out. In that case, I say don't book it. I have seen so many disappointed posts from people having to downgrade or cancel or shorten trips, because the discount they expected didn't materialize. If you book a room you can't afford without a discount, then you are affecting the occupancy levels in a way that will reduce the likelihood of seeing a discount. It doesn't affect those people who booked rack and are willing to pay it if a discount doesn't materialize - those people are already happy.

I very seldom make any changes to a reservation once it's made. I make sure that the room and price I've booked are something I feel good about from the start. If a good discount comes out afterward, and I can change it, I will. If the discount is very small, or doesn't cover my resort/room choice, at least I am not concerned about how to pay for it.

Should I do the on-line check in so I can add my room preferences? (I still want to go to the front desk plus I have already called and had my preferences added to the reservation.)

Should I do the on-line check in so I can add my room preferences? (I still want to go to the front desk plus I have already called and had my preferences added to the reservation.)
You can still go to the front desk if you do online check in. You can go to the front desk even if you get the text/email saying you can skip the front desk. If your room preferences are that important to you, it's probably a good idea to do online check in and request your preference, see if you get the email/text with the room number, decide if that room meets your requirements, and if not, then go by the front desk and see if you can be moved. I have only requested to be moved once after getting the room ready email, because I had a really bad location at BWI, and it wasn't a problem to move.

I agree. Book the room you can afford and will be satisfied with, regardless of whether a discount comes out or not. If one does, it's icing on the cake.

Where there is an issue, is when people book a room KNOWING they can't afford that room unless a discount comes out. In that case, I say don't book it. I have seen so many disappointed posts from people having to downgrade or cancel or shorten trips, because the discount they expected didn't materialize. If you book a room you can't afford without a discount, then you are affecting the occupancy levels in a way that will reduce the likelihood of seeing a discount. It doesn't affect those people who booked rack and are willing to pay it if a discount doesn't materialize - those people are already happy.

I very seldom make any changes to a reservation once it's made. I make sure that the room and price I've booked are something I feel good about from the start. If a good discount comes out afterward, and I can change it, I will. If the discount is very small, or doesn't cover my resort/room choice, at least I am not concerned about how to pay for it.
I'm the same as you. We book our flights first for the cheapest that we can get. Then we decide on a hotel based on those dates and pick a hotel that meets our needs/budget requirement for that particular stay. For example, last year we had set dates because of our honeymoon and we spent a little extra on a hotel. Next year we are taking our niece and her mom so our budget is lower and we chose POP. I'm not changing my reservation even though I have found 0 offers for POP. I'm just going to pay the 171/night and be okay with that. I honestly don't think 171/night is bad for everything you get at Disney.

I just looked at room only deals again for our dates and All-Star Sports is on there now. It wasn't on there before. It would save us around $200, but I'm still going to stick with POP. I'm really excited about the refurbished rooms, but if anyone else is interested my dates are Feb 27-March 4.

It's good news that some of the resorts have deals popping up that weren't there before, though.

I also see our first night at POP for room only is available, but that won't work for us because we need that TS meal to carry over so we can eat in the castle.

Last edited:
I just looked at room only deals again for our dates and All-Star Sports is on there now. It wasn't on there before. It would save us around $200, but I'm still going to stick with POP. I'm really excited about the refurbished rooms, but if anyone else is interested my dates are Feb 27-March 4.

It's good news that some of the resorts have deals popping up that weren't there before, though.

In my experience from last week there no comparison between Pop and ASMo (that was the only AS resort I stayed at) Our ASMo room was very shabby, poorly cleaned and just not very nice. When we walked in my son declared immediately that the room sucked. Had we been doing more than a single night there and had we arrived at our room before 11 pm I would have requested Mouse keeping come out and redo the room. Our room was in the Toy story area and it was a preferred room. The next day we moved to Pop and though we were originally placed in an old room it was already a big improvement over ASMo. We asked to be moved into a refurbished room and it was a not even in the same category as ASMo. The Refurbished rooms are wonderful. 200 may sound like a lot but it really is a bargain for the increase in room quality.

Does anyone know specifically what sections have been renovated so far, and which ones will be finished over the next few months? I'm going in April, but it sounds like the renovations will still be going on through next summer.

Does anyone know specifically what sections have been renovated so far, and which ones will be finished over the next few months? I'm going in April, but it sounds like the renovations will still be going on through next summer.

Renovations complete: building 8 (90s), buildings 7 & 9 (80s).

Currently under construction: Building 10 (70s). Someone on the room Reno thread heard from a CM that 10 should be open by the end of October. I think first week of November will be the 3 month mark, so hopefully by then for sure.

I have yet to read that they've even started closing 6, but I may have missed it.

The POP Century Room Renovations thread here is a good source for up to date info.

The delay in closing 6 is making it really hard to even guess at this point where they will be by April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter