Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's strange...Did the phone CM actually put you through to Guest Services?
No because it was during the build up to Irma and the wait line on the phone for for GS was 4+ hours.

My understanding is that when someone books a split stay GS can join their reservations but there is still no guarantee that a room move will not be required. It's a request, not a guarantee that someone can stay in the same room.

On a similar (but different) note, my brother and I had 'joined' reservations via Guest Services and requested rooms close to one another. We arrived at the desk together so arrival time did not come in to play. We were in the 60's section and they were originally in the 90's! Yup....not even close!! They were eventually able to put us on the same floor of the 60's section but our rooms were still not close.

All this to say, as @FinnsMom7 said, Guest Services can join requests and the Cast Members will do their very best to honour that request but it is not a guarantee.

I'd just prefer people go into this knowing a room move could happen rather than thinking they will not have to move and being disappointed during their trip.

Last edited:
No because it was during the build up to Irma and the wait line on the phone for for GS was 4+ hours.

My understanding is that when someone books a split stay GS can join their reservations but there is still no guarantee that a room move will not be required. It's a request, not a guarantee that someone can stay in the same room.

:confused3

I called last week to have 2 separate 1 night reservations merged for this weekend - the wait for GS was over an hour so I didn't have time to hold. The CM said she would put a note on both reservations and the odds were good that I wouldn't have to move, but if I wanted to be sure I would have to call back and talk to GS to merge it so I wouldn't have to switch rooms. Guess that's another example of misinformed CMs that we run into so often on these boards!

:confused3

I called last week to have 2 separate 1 night reservations merged for this weekend - the wait for GS was over an hour so I didn't have time to hold. The CM said she would put a note on both reservations and the odds were good that I wouldn't have to move, but if I wanted to be sure I would have to call back and talk to GS to merge it so I wouldn't have to switch rooms. Guess that's another example of misinformed CMs that we run into so often on these boards!

I hope you're able to stay in your room! What you have going in your favour is that you have 2, 1 night reservations. Many people who request to join reservations are there for extended periods of times so it can be much more challenging to accommodate reservations 2 longer periods of time over 1 night + 1 night.

I hope you're able to stay in your room! What you have going in your favour is that you have 2, 1 night reservations. Many people who request to join reservations are there for extended periods of times so it can be much more challenging to accommodate reservations 2 longer periods of time over 1 night + 1 night.

Thanks! I'm probably going to try to call again tonight to get through to GS just for (hopefully) a little extra security. It would really stink to be homeless the majority of our very short trip!

GS was able to merge our reservations (at the Contemporary) next week. When I found the room type, it was only available as each night individually for 2 nights. The first night we have to stay in another room type as the one we wanted wasn't available. So we will have to move rooms once, and I didn't want us moving rooms again between our remaining two days of the trip, so I called and asked if Guest Services could merge the 2 reservations. They were happy to do it. It now shows up in MDE as both nights with the same reservation number, and I was guaranteed that this officially merged the two one-night reservations into one and that we will not need to move a second time. So it can be done! I would assume if they can do it at the CR, it can be done at Pop as well. Perhaps these being two one-night reservations made it possible, I don't know. I'm just happy we won't have to move rooms a second time!

We aren't going until the end of February and app let me add check-in information today. When I went on the website it said I wasn't in the 60 day window. I'm not sure what's going on with the app, but it only let me add things like phone # for room text message and pin numbers for my party. Now it says they received my check-in information. Have I really even checked-in? I wasn't able to do location requests or anything.

We aren't going until the end of February and app let me add check-in information today. When I went on the website it said I wasn't in the 60 day window. I'm not sure what's going on with the app, but it only let me add things like phone # for room text message and pin numbers for my party. Now it says they received my check-in information. Have I really even checked-in? I wasn't able to do location requests or anything.
I know I'm replying to myself, but it's actually letting me pick my location requests online. I still have 146 days left.

Oh and I forgot we were able to do the gift card offer. 80 dollars for our nine nights. They came on day 3 and took the trash and replaced the towels. Day 5 they did a full clean up and it was perfect. Absolutely worth it for us.

How do you take advantage of this? At check in?

I know I'm replying to myself, but it's actually letting me pick my location requests online. I still have 146 days left.

I just checked and even though I have 250 days to go, I can choose my locations requests as well. Weird. Maybe they've removed the 60 day window and you can now start online check-in whenever you want to. Or maybe it will all disappear by tomorrow morning. :D

. When you get within your 60 day window I would check to see that all of your check-in information is still captured as online check-in normally is not available until 60 days prior to arrival.

How do you take advantage of this? At check in?

Yes. Even with online checkin, I always stop by the front desk. I was prepared to ask about the gift card but he offered before I had a chance. They had a laminated sheet with the information. Showed how much we get on a gift card for our amount of nights. I just had to give him an email and they sent it to us! It was perfect for us. We don’t make huge messes. You just need the trash out and fresh towels. So the third and fifth days worked amazingly well for us.

. When you get within your 60 day window I would check to see that all of your check-in information is still captured as online check-in normally is not available until 60 days prior to arrival.

Here's another odd thing. When I log into MDE (website on laptop) it specifically says I can start online check-in now. It no longer tells me I have to wait until XX date. So who knows, maybe they did actually change the policy and you can do online check-in whenever you want to. Or like I said before, maybe it will revert back to the 60-day window tomorrow. :)

I thought I was losing my mind when I went on app and it let me add some info although I didn't see room location specifics in my information steps so far

Here's another odd thing. When I log into MDE (website on laptop) it specifically says I can start online check-in now. It no longer tells me I have to wait until XX date. So who knows, maybe they did actually change the policy and you can do online check-in whenever you want to. Or like I said before, maybe it will revert back to the 60-day window tomorrow. :)
I think it’s a glitch lol. However, we called because it messed up our location request and they didn’t say anything about how I was about 80 days early. I’m not sure what’s going on :lmao:

I'm 331 days out and it let me do online check in, as well lol. So weird! I'll definitely check back to make sure my requests stick.

I'm at 320 days out and it also let me check in as well. Just checked in today! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter