Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last August, we stayed at POP using the free dining plan w/cups. We were told that we could NOT substitute the drink for a dessert or snack. No problem - we coped and all was well. BUT I read on the Disney Dining Plan board that some guests were reporting that they were able to get the dessert/snack instead of the drink in Sports, I think. Any reports of this happening lately at POP? Thanks!

Last August, we stayed at POP using the free dining plan w/cups. We were told that we could NOT substitute the drink for a dessert or snack. No problem - we coped and all was well. BUT I read on the Disney Dining Plan board that some guests were reporting that they were able to get the dessert/snack instead of the drink in Sports, I think. Any reports of this happening lately at POP? Thanks!
I hope they still allow the substitution at POP. I have never had any issues these last few years. However, in 2017 we stayed at Sports for the first time. They allowed the substitutions. No questions asked. Maybe POP changed their policy in 2017. Anyone have any recent experience with this?

Does anyone have a link to where Disney says a snack or dessert may be substituted for a drink? I’ve looked at their dining plan webpage and cannot find this information.

If it’s done because a resort chooses to allow it is one thing but that’s very different from all resorts allowing it if it’s not part of their written policies.

I hope they still allow the substitution at POP. I have never had any issues these last few years. However, in 2017 we stayed at Sports for the first time. They allowed the substitutions. No questions asked. Maybe POP changed their policy in 2017. Anyone have any recent experience with this?

I have no clue about POP and didn't ask at the All Stars in Feb... I just got a bottle of water to take to the parks with me.

Does anyone have a link to where Disney says a snack or dessert may be substituted for a drink? I’ve looked at their dining plan webpage and cannot find this information.

If it’s done because a resort chooses to allow it is one thing but that’s very different from all resorts allowing it if it’s not part of their written policies.

From what I remember, 2016 was the last time it was in print. It was part of the dining plan PDF (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...alog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/PDF/2016Dining.pdf). In 2017, they condensed the PDF to only list the participating restaurants and removed the dining plan details.

Do the tour groups typically stay at the mods, or is just the values?
Are you asking about the 15s or tour groups in general? I can confirm that sports teams do stay at moderates. We were staying at POR last year and there were quite a few dance groups at the hotel. I never really noticed them at the resort until we were trying to use the buses. They would fill an entire bus on their own so we would have to wait for the next one.

This is the response I got when I asked Moms Panel a few weeks ago. Not part of the policy, cast member discretion. I am thinking Pop will be a "no-go" for swapping based on what I have been reading on line.

Thank you for visiting the Disney Parks Moms Panel with your question. I am happy to see that you are planning your dining options in advance, this will make your Walt Disney World Resort Vacation even more hassle free!

Using the Quick-Service Dining Plan, guests are entitled to an entrée and a beverage when redeeming a credit. With that being said, I have never had an issue when I have asked to switch my beverage for a dessert, either at our Resort Hotel or at Quick-Service Locations throughout the Theme Parks and Disney Springs. Please keep in mind that technically, this practise isn’t actually part of the Quick-Service Dining Plan so it is totally up to the Cast Member’s discretion. I have heard of instances where friends have not been able to exchange a beverage for a dessert, however it has never happened to my family or myself.

If by chance you are unable to exchange your beverage for a dessert, keep in mind that with the Quick-Service Dining Plan each person in your party is entitled to two snacks per day as well, which could be redeemed when you order your meal.

This is the response I got when I asked Moms Panel a few weeks ago. Not part of the policy, cast member discretion. I am thinking Pop will be a "no-go" for swapping based on what I have been reading on line.

Thank you for visiting the Disney Parks Moms Panel with your question. I am happy to see that you are planning your dining options in advance, this will make your Walt Disney World Resort Vacation even more hassle free!

Using the Quick-Service Dining Plan, guests are entitled to an entrée and a beverage when redeeming a credit. With that being said, I have never had an issue when I have asked to switch my beverage for a dessert, either at our Resort Hotel or at Quick-Service Locations throughout the Theme Parks and Disney Springs. Please keep in mind that technically, this practise isn’t actually part of the Quick-Service Dining Plan so it is totally up to the Cast Member’s discretion. I have heard of instances where friends have not been able to exchange a beverage for a dessert, however it has never happened to my family or myself.

If by chance you are unable to exchange your beverage for a dessert, keep in mind that with the Quick-Service Dining Plan each person in your party is entitled to two snacks per day as well, which could be redeemed when you order your meal.

Well, the Mom's Panel is hardly official - I've seen contradictory answers from "Moms" on multiple topics.

But again, you can always grab a bottle of water for your drink and take it with you to the parks.

Well, the Mom's Panel is hardly official - I've seen contradictory answers from "Moms" on multiple topics.

But again, you can always grab a bottle of water for your drink and take it with you to the parks.

Pop seems to be one place that consistently does not allow it, I was more or less looking for confirmation that swapping is not part of Disney policy.

Pop seems to be one place that consistently does not allow it, I was more or less looking for confirmation that swapping is not part of Disney policy.

I understand.

The Moms Panel, while run by Disney, does not provide official answers however. As evidenced by their contradiction on various subjects. They are slightly better than the bus drivers...but not much. Their answers are based on their experience - not anything official from Disney.

Hoping for next May for going to Pop Century again. Will be second time visiting and enjoyed my stay last time (bout 8 years ago). Not a big deal just curious, does anyone know if any tour groups/competitions will be there in May? Just curious about how busy we can expect it to be.

My thoughts are if Brazil or Argentina win the World Cup NOBODY at WDW will be able to sleep that night-The 15s' "celebration" that night would register on the Richter Scale!lol:)

We fly in the day before the final and will be proudly wearing our Germany jerseys since THEY will be the winners :cool2:

Anyone at Pop right now and want a free case of water? It’s a 24 pack 16.9oz bottles still shrink wrapped from Prime Now. Send me a PM. Would need to be picked up tonight or tomorrow at building 5. We only drank three of the four.

I have a question we are staying at POP in January, we have a handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower and two queen beds....one of the beds is a pull down desk....my question is does anybody have a picture of those

I have a question we are staying at POP in January, we have a handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower and two queen beds....one of the beds is a pull down desk....my question is does anybody have a picture of those
There are many photos out there. These beds are being installed in almost every room (with the exception of king rooms) at Pop Century. Someone might have/know of a better photo. Here's one I took. The table part simply folds up under the bed. All you need to do is move the chairs out of the way.

IMG_7643.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter