Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at POP very soon. Last time we were there we were in a renovated room and loved it! Does anyone know if they are all completed or do I need to put in a request for the renovated ones?

Question: What's so special about the 50's? I see many people mentioning their love for the 50's. On the map, building 1 seems to be similar to building 10 in terms of location, except for the theme.

Question: What's so special about the 50's? I see many people mentioning their love for the 50's. On the map, building 1 seems to be similar to building 10 in terms of location, except for the theme.
We like Building 3/Fireworks View and we love the Bowling Pool with the 1950s soundtrack and the 4 story Jukebox,etc.

Last edited:

My dd loves Lady & the Tramp so I'm requesting the 50s over the 80s.

We didn't stay in the 50's because we went in March and the rooms weren't being worked on yet, but that's where I really wanted to stay. I think the theming there is the best, plus the bowling pool is quieter and has a fun theme as well.

A couple questions:

1. What's the chance that room would be ready early (around 10am-ish)? I have a standard room.
2. Besides the pool, where else at Pop can my family rest while waiting for the room?

:thanks:

A couple questions:

1. What's the chance that room would be ready early (around 10am-ish)? I have a standard room.
2. Besides the pool, where else at Pop can my family rest while waiting for the room?

1. I don’t know about how it generallly works, but we got there around 12:30pm and our room was ready shortly after we got there.
2. You could get a drink or something to eat in the food court, or you could check out the arcade.

A couple questions:

If you don't care about location or any other requests, you can check a box that early arrival is most important when you do online check-in.

Returned yesterday from our 6 night trip. We were in building 6, renovated room with 2 Queens and shower only. I really liked the bigger beds! So much nicer when sharing. The shower was great as well. I love those rain shower heads and the water pressure was perfect. It was my mom's first stay at a Value Resort and she really liked it too. We all enjoyed the 1 bus stop as compared to our last stay at POR. Bus service was good and we usually had those double ones. The food court was good and we went at odd times so it was never super busy. Only made it to the pool on our last day for a couple of hours in the morning and it was nice and warm from all of the hot sun we experienced.

All in all, if you are looking to save money over other resort types I highly recommend POP.

Returned yesterday from our 6 night trip. We were in building 6, renovated room with 2 Queens and shower only. I really liked the bigger beds! So much nicer when sharing. The shower was great as well. I love those rain shower heads and the water pressure was perfect. It was my mom's first stay at a Value Resort and she really liked it too. We all enjoyed the 1 bus stop as compared to our last stay at POR. Bus service was good and we usually had those double ones. The food court was good and we went at odd times so it was never super busy. Only made it to the pool on our last day for a couple of hours in the morning and it was nice and warm from all of the hot sun we experienced.

All in all, if you are looking to save money over other resort types I highly recommend POP.
Glad you had such a great experience at Pop!!

would you mind sharing your room number so that we can update the Pop Tub/Shower thread? Thanks!

Question: What's so special about the 50's? I see many people mentioning their love for the 50's.
A picture is worth a thousand words!:)

31072704002_d823b2c2f4_b.jpg

Any advice on what would be the best building to request. We are going end of september to beginning of october with a 2 year old. We booked a regular non-preferred room, but we would like to be close to the food court / busses. Obviously we would like a refurbed room but the theming of the building is not important to us. What should we request?

Also, since we have a toddler on our reservation is it safe to assume they will give us a room with a tub, or should be request that too?

Just returned last night from our first stay at Pop and we loved it! We were coming from Universal and I got a text around 9:30 am that our room was ready so we were able to go right to our room which was great! We were in the 70’s section by the big Mickey phone. We had a room at the end of the hallway so no neighbors on one side. Noise wasn’t an issue, didn’t hear our neighbors. This was a very heavy park trip so we didn’t get to enjoy the pool as much as we would have liked but it looked amazing. We left the Murphy bed down the whole time, only ran into it a few times! We were able to squeeze an air mattress between the Murphy bed and wall. It blocked the door but this wasn’t a big deal since we pushed it under the bed when we were in the room. Had great experiences with the busses with minimal waits. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Just returned last night from our first stay at Pop and we loved it! We were coming from Universal and I got a text around 9:30 am that our room was ready so we were able to go right to our room which was great! We were in the 70’s section by the big Mickey phone. We had a room at the end of the hallway so no neighbors on one side. Noise wasn’t an issue, didn’t hear our neighbors. This was a very heavy park trip so we didn’t get to enjoy the pool as much as we would have liked but it looked amazing. We left the Murphy bed down the whole time, only ran into it a few times! We were able to squeeze an air mattress between the Murphy bed and wall. It blocked the door but this wasn’t a big deal since we pushed it under the bed when we were in the room. Had great experiences with the busses with minimal waits. Overall, I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
This is awesome news. We had to book POP because it’s all our budget allowed to squeeze a second trip in this year. I have an autistic child that can’t share a bed so we planned on an air mattress until I saw the queen beds and people saying there was no way it would fit. Had been trying to switch to music but no availability. It’s a 10 year old that I’m trying to fit on it, and planned on standing it up against the wall between the bed and wall during the day. Was yours a twin size? Double height or just that single style?

We just got back home. We loved Pop Century! We had a refurbished room in the 80's and loved it. It was very clean with a lot of built-in shelving and nice wood-laminate floors. The Murphy bed was down most of our stay since we didn't want to keep taking all of my daughter's stuff off of it, but it really wasn't a problem (other than a couple of shin bruises from hitting the edge before we figured out to put a towel over the corner). We liked the pools and the food court, and the chefs were great about fixing allergy-free food for my daughter. Because we expected the heat, we planned our afternoons back at the resort every day in between morning & late afternoon/evening trips to the park, and there was plenty for my 9-year old daughter to do. The air conditioning worked well. My only complaint was one of the room checks waking us from a much-needed nap. I would absolutely stay there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter