Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
considering moving our April trip to the last week in August. Anyone have experience with the heat and humidity that week? we have been the 3rd week in September back in 2009, ~ 93 and terribly humid.
We used to go down exclusively in June/July/August. Now we try to hit February, September/October. End of August will be upper 90's on heat and humidity with afternoon showers. If you aren't used to it, you will suffer. By the end of September, the humidity is starting to easy up unless there is a hurricane/tropical storm that comes through.

j

Last edited:
considering moving our April trip to the last week in August. Anyone have experience with the heat and humidity that week? we have been the 3rd week in September back in 2009, ~ 93 and terribly humid.
It’s going to be very hot and humid.

If we have a "Standard Pool View" room, do you think there's any chance of them honoring a request to have a view of the lake instead? Is that a different tier of room?
If you want a chance of a lake view then you should book standard and request it. Since you booked standard “pool” view you will be either in the 50’s or 90’s overlooking the pool.

I’ve seen video of long lines for the skyliner in the mornings. Anyone dealt with that to let me know about how long the wait is? the videos show the line as far down as the hippy dippy pool. We were there in December and never seen anything close to this long.

I’ve seen video of long lines for the skyliner in the mornings. Anyone dealt with that to let me know about how long the wait is? the videos show the line as far down as the hippy dippy pool. We were there in December and never seen anything close to this long.
Were the lines right when it opened? This blog post discusses using the Skyliner first thing in the morning. There was definitely a line, but he said it moved pretty quickly. https://blogmickey.com/disney-skyliner-rise-resistance-8am-park-open-feb-2020

We have been in August a few times. We call it (and our normal early-September dates) melt-your-face-off hot. If you can handle heat and humidity you can do it. If you can't, I would not recommend going in late August.

We took my niece in August once and she was miserable the entire trip! It was the first time I'd been with someone who warned us she didn't handle the heat well and I wouldn't do it again with someone like that.

Have not experienced but anything I've read and watched online says the lines move quickly and consistently. I heard of someone who was lined up to Hippy Dippy at 7:30 and still made it to DHS before 8am opening at DHS but I would not try it if it were me. Too many variables if you're attempting to get a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group.

Have not experienced but anything I've read and watched online says the lines move quickly and consistently. I heard of someone who was lined up to Hippy Dippy at 7:30 and still made it to DHS before 8am opening at DHS but I would not try it if it were me. Too many variables if you're attempting to get a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group.

We're planning on hopping in an Uber/Lyft for our DHS day (in May) just to be sure we get there early enough. Is that overkill?

We're planning on hopping in an Uber/Lyft for our DHS day (in May) just to be sure we get there early enough. Is that overkill?
I (obsessively :rolleyes1 ) follow the RotR Planning no spoiler thread and everything I've read there says that if you're at the Pop bus by 6:45 you will have no problems getting in for rope drop. Personally I'd aim for 6:30 because if I'm going to be there that early I want to be towards one of the lines for a rope drop attraction.

Personally I trust the buses to get me there with plenty of time to spare as long as I'm at the bus stop by 6:45 at the latest.

I'd call.
And if told no Standard Rooms available then,still ask again at the Front Desk on arrival-we have been able to change room categories several times on arrival.

For example they could upgrade a Guest who has a Standard Room to your Standard Pool View room(Many Guests do not make room requests)and give you "their" room).(They may or may not refund the difference to you.)

Make sure you tell them you want a Standard Rom WITH a Lake View.

The Resorts really do their absolute best to give Guests a room they want-not always possible,but they try hard-one of MANY reasons we keep going back to The Mouse. :)

Just give Mickey a little time. :)

He is not adverse to room category changes at Pop Century-when POP opened in 2003,ALL rooms in the 1960s were Preferred and ALL rooms in all other decades were Standard.
And then people started making requests for general or specific locations, and Disney realized they have three, then four, general room location descriptions and responded accordingly.
One of our favorite locations is 1950s with a view of Bowling Pool-such a pretty area and we love the 1950s music-just a great vibe here.
So, Standard Pool View. Bookable category, but exact locations are simply requests.
If you want a chance of a lake view then you should book standard and request it. Since you booked standard “pool” view you will be either in the 50’s or 90’s overlooking the pool.
80s, too.

I just noticed on the resort activity calendar that they have bedtime stories in Classic Hall with a cast member. Is this hugely crowded? I think my four year old might enjoy it, if his tiredness has counter-acted his daily Disney sugar intake.
No,not terribly crowded. :)

And don't forget the Groovy Campfire nightly at 6:00 PM-lots of fun.

That's the GROOVY thing about Pop Century,even though they have taken away some really cool things over the years since we first stayed there opening week in December,2003(Frozen Coke,the indoor Bar,Bike Rentals,Surfer Goofy Splash Pad,Mom's Night Out dinners),they do add things as well like the Campfire and the most FAR OUT addition EVER-DISNEY SKYLINER!!!!:):):):)

Currently under construction although we were told at check-in that it was open 🧐
FWIW,we were told the Pad would have to be closed from time to time during work on Hippy Dippy because some of the underground pipes are "shared" between the Pad and Pool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter