Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, although there are only about 2 or 3 rooms at the very end on each floor at the furthest end closest to the 90’s that are considered standard pool view.
I don’t believe this is fully correct. The lime green lines below indicate the standard pool view rooms. Last year my cousin stayed in the room at the top of the 80’s section right line and they were in a standard pool view room. They were an entire wing away from the 90’s section.
They haven't re-categorized CBR, either. I think they've taken care of it by simply raising rates for all rooms at Pop, but that's just my opinion.
Here's a helpful map to see where the standard rooms are:
View attachment 478943
Correct, although there are only about 2 or 3 rooms at the very end on each floor at the furthest end closest to the 90’s that are considered standard pool view.

Hippy Dippy Pad is nice,but there used to be another really cool one at Surfer Goofy!

View attachment 479268

Surfer Goofy and the Vette are still there and this is also where Groovy Campfire is held. :)

View attachment 479269
This was the splash pad I remember when we went 10 years ago. The next time we stayed there this had closed. I don’t remember seeing another one there. My youngest will be excited for a splash pad!

I don’t believe this is fully correct. The lime green lines below indicate the standard pool view rooms. Last year my cousin stayed in the room at the top of the 80’s section right line and they were in a standard pool view room. They were an entire wing away from the 90’s section.
I was going by Touring Plans room locater. If you search for standard pool view rooms that is what shows availability.

This was the splash pad I remember when we went 10 years ago. The next time we stayed there this had closed. I don’t remember seeing another one there. My youngest will be excited for a splash pad!
My recollection is that it's more of a kiddie pool, but I could be misremembering.

So are those pool view rooms still being charged at rate for “pool view” or just preferred until pool opens? Just asking as I have a preferred room booked for 4/29-5/4 and would like to request room near main bldg. and Skyliner if possible.

So are those pool view rooms still being charged at rate for “pool view” or just preferred until pool opens? Just asking as I have a preferred room booked for 4/29-5/4 and would like to request room near main bldg. and Skyliner if possible.
That I’m not sure about. Those rooms are still great location rooms due to their proximity to transportation and Classic Hall.

Has anyone here stayed in a Preferred Pool View Room and paid for that category since Hippy Dippy Closed in Jan?

That I’m not sure about. Those rooms are still great location rooms due to their proximity to transportation and Classic Hall.

Has anyone here stayed in a Preferred Pool View Room and paid for that category since Hippy Dippy Closed in Jan?

exactly what I was wondering....I did just call and CM had no idea...

I‘m in need of some help. We are arriving in a week. We had a split stay originally because I could not get us into Pop for the first 2 nights. Well today they became available. My tickets are attached to the first part of my reservation, which is now changed to Pop from ASMu. So I have 2 separate reservations at Pop. Same room category. A notation was put in to see if we could stay in the same room, but no guarantee. Should I fax a request? If so, where can I find the number and who do I make the ATTN to?

Edit: Guest services was able to change it all over to one reservation. WDW customer service is really unparalleled. Got a little pixie dust also...they were able to give me my original gift of magic offer even though that offer expired yesterday. Wasn’t expecting that at all!

Last edited:
Checked in on Tuesday. We have 4 rooms and were able to get skyliner view for all of us on 3rd floor of the 60s building 4. We LOVE the view and watched the Epcot fireworks with the skyliner in the foreground. It was amazing.

What room numbers are you in? Sounds like the perfect location!

I was just able to get a preferred pool view room for my trip in May on a third-party site, so I'm considering switching from All-Star Sports for a substantial amount more money. Will the pool be re-opened by then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter