Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the ladies....I stayed at Pop in February 2019 and loved it....except for one thing. Shaving my legs. It was soooooo hard and I got so many cuts. Did anyone find a good shaving position?? Planning ahead for our hopeful late June trip!

I booked a Standard room at Pop. is there a map that shows which buildings those rooms are located? Which would be closest to the skyline and which would be closest to the buses. Thanks!

Ha, not sure why the map posted twice, but these are the categories for now. Access to skyliner is on Generation Gap Bridge
Anything not color coded with a stripe is standard

Hey everyone! We've had two trips cancelled during the pandemic so I began booking single weeks at a time instead of two weeks. Our next dates are June 8 -15 and June 15-22. While I didn't get a mailed confirmation for the first week, today I got one for the second week and it's the wording that has me optimistic for at least a resort opening by June 15th. It doesn't say anything about going to the parks but the wording is:
"We look forward to seeing you in June. You're in for an excellent vacation at the most magical place on Earth. Whether you spend your time enjoying unique entertainment and dining at Disney Springs or simply relaxing by the pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort the possibilities for fun are endless! See you real soon!"
So fingers crossed!!!

Hey everyone! We've had two trips cancelled during the pandemic so I began booking single weeks at a time instead of two weeks. Our next dates are June 8 -15 and June 15-22. While I didn't get a mailed confirmation for the first week, today I got one for the second week and it's the wording that has me optimistic for at least a resort opening by June 15th. It doesn't say anything about going to the parks but the wording is:
"We look forward to seeing you in June. You're in for an excellent vacation at the most magical place on Earth. Whether you spend your time enjoying unique entertainment and dining at Disney Springs or simply relaxing by the pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort the possibilities for fun are endless! See you real soon!"
So fingers crossed!!!
Oh, I hope that’s a sign! When did you make your reservation? When did you get the letter?

So fingers crossed!!!

Wishing you luck! :goodvibes

Sadly, we cancelled our July 7-14 trip last weekend. Between all the uncertainty of what might, and might not, be open and the possibility my brother being furloughed it didn’t make since to us. We ended up renting a cabin for a fishing trip instead and will hopefully book our WDW vacationin the next 3 years. 🤞

Oh, I hope that’s a sign! When did you make your reservation? When did you get the letter?
Me too! I made the ressie on May 8th (that's when I got the cancel email for our May 26-June 8 trip) and called Disney to rebook. I got the letter today! I know there's a chance this could still be cancelled and we won't know that until next Wednesday/Thursday but here's hoping it will be a go!!

Wishing you luck! :goodvibes

Sadly, we cancelled our July 7-14 trip last weekend. Between all the uncertainty of what might, and might not, be open and the possibility my brother being furloughed it didn’t make since to us. We ended up renting a cabin for a fishing trip instead and will hopefully book our WDW vacationin the next 3 years. 🤞
Thanks!! Sorry you had to cancel but a cabin fishing trip sounds awesome!! Our youngest has been furloughed also and it's tough on him and his fiance so I totally understand that. It will be great when Disney opens back up and you will be able to enjoy all they have to offer!! Enjoy your trip!!

So fingers crossed!!!
Wow- I would think that DEINITELY indicates,AT THIS TIME,they plan on Resort openings sans Park openings in June!

If they have the Skyliner running over to CBR that would be a huge added plus.

What’s up with no rooms for the month of September?? I did have a reservation but changed it to another resort but when I went back and not even 24 hrs later, September was bare pickens!!!!

Do you think there is a chance they will "continue" the International Flower & Garden Festival through the Summer?
Unfortunately I saw photos or video (I don't recall which) last week showing them removing some of the Flower & Garden Festival plantings. :(

What’s up with no rooms for the month of September?? I did have a reservation but changed it to another resort but when I went back and not even 24 hrs later, September was bare pickens!!!!
September had very little open prior to Covid shutdown. With the discussion being that resorts might re-open with limited capacity, I can see them greatly limiting availability right now.

just a guess on my part. Did you try looking in smaller chunks of time? Sometimes that helps.

I will say this time last year I attempted to find a 1 night reservation at Pop in September and although I looked almost daily for 6 weeks, it never did open up. I evaded you booking the 1 night at ASMo.

I apologize if this question has been posted already, do you think the ice machines will be available? probably hard to keep clean?

Unfortunately I saw photos or video (I don't recall which) last week showing them removing some of the Flower & Garden Festival plantings. :(
I think the Topiaries are still up,so maybe there is a chance they are going to replace what they are taking out right before reopening. :)

So fingers crossed!!!
More evidence that the Resorts "may" open in June with the Resort Activities Cast being called back to act as "Greeters" in Disney Springs.

Wow- I would think that DEINITELY indicates,AT THIS TIME,they plan on Resort openings sans Park openings in June!

If they have the Skyliner running over to CBR that would be a huge added plus.
Keeping our fingers crossed! And I forgot all about the Skyliner! Hoping that it will be running 🤞

Would they be running the Skyliner if the parks are not open? It’s a great way to get to other resorts though too. Hard to tell if they’ll open it before the parks or not since it’s hours are normally based around park hours.

Is there anyone on this thread who was at Pop after Mar 15 when the parks closed and that next week until the resorts closed? If so, was the Skyliner running?

Well, since my June reservation was canceled today it looks like I will be seeing some of you lovely people July 19th-24th instead! The backup plan is in motion! 😁

I'm looking forward to more news and updates about what we will be able to expect when things reopen. I spend way too much time on the Dis these days :earseek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter