• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also we have done online check in but will need to store our bags with bell services, will be need to go to check in to do that or is there a bell services desk we can do that with?

Also we have done online check in but will need to store our bags with bell services, will be need to go to check in to do that or is there a bell services desk we can do that with?
Bell Services is called "Luggage Assistance" at the Values and the Luggage Assistance location at POP is just to the right of the front entrance to Classic Hall.

You can store your bags with them at any time.

Thank you!!! I'm going to look into the packing cubes for sure. I do laundry a few times while we are there since we drive down as well. Makes me feel a little better for going for so long if we get to make it there this August. Kinda nervous my trip this August might be pushed to next August.
I am sure you will be fine from a storage standpoint. My first trip to Pop in a refurbished room was two days after Hurricane Irma went through. My sister and BIL had stayed at my house to ride out the storm and couldn’t go home because there were closures due to damage. So the three of us, plus all the belongings they brought with them when they evacuated, went to Pop for my scheduled 11 day trip. We did fill up all the space under the regular bed, but otherwise, there was a place for everything, and everything went in its place. No one lived out of a suitcase, and we all had enough clothes with us that we didn’t do laundry. I wouldn’t want to stuff that much stuff in the room on every trip, but it sure opened our eyes regarding the amount of storage there is. The three of us have stayed at Pop many times since then and storage has never come close to being an issue for us.

I have a reservation at Pop this August as well. I hope we both get to visit as planned.

Is Pop in a Preferred Garden room good for DW & DH in their 60's ?
Could we request the 1950's ?

You can request anything that exists (e.g.you can't request a balcony at Pop). "Good for" in what way? Preferred rooms are more convenient to Classic Hall. and some or all transportation

We will ask for an end room on an upper floor in the 1950's area
We are thinking of going at the end of March - maybe 2021 or 2022 depending on when a vaccine comes out
We will start with 2021 - then switch to 2022, if we have to
By 2022 DW will be 63 and DH will be 65
We walk and keep active - so I am sure our WDW vacation is a go

We will ask for an end room on an upper floor in the 1950's area
We are thinking of going at the end of March - maybe 2021 or 2022 depending on when a vaccine comes out
We will start with 2021 - then switch to 2022, if we have to
By 2022 DW will be 63 and DH will be 65
We walk and keep active - so I am sure our WDW vacation is a go
The fewer requests, the more likely they can be met. Three is the absolute maximum, fewer is better.
list requests in order of importance to you.

@kaytieeldr is quite correct. Based on what you’re asking for, they will most likely find you an end room first, upper floor second Then 50’s section.

Less is more when it comes to room requests.

And you may get your text(if you check-in online) or arrive at the Front Desk and find NONE of your requests met! :)

If so,call the number in your text and politely ask again if a room meeting your requests is available or would be becoming available later in the day(or even the next day if you don't mind "moving") and same thing for the Front Desk.

We have done this many times and although sometimes there just isn't anything they can do,more often than not they have found us a room we want-Disney is the BEST in the business for Customer Service!

How do we request end room in the 1950's ?
Also - we do not mind doing stairs if we are on the top floor
But...
arrival night 10 PM - is there a reliable elevator to bring up 2 suitcases ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter