• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be staying at POP for the first time this August and we are excited but nervous too! My family of 4 stay for 13 days and we generally change mid-day too. Just curious and what you all think of the storage situation for clothes at POP or if you all have any suggestions.

Thanks!

We are a family of four who stays for 14 nights. We always unpack completely and never live out of a suitcase. Our suitcases go under the bed and at the side of the bed nearest the wall. We pack for 7-1O days and do a load of laundry mid way. We each have our own colour of packing cubes, so it’s easy enough to share dresser drawers when necessary. My husband also like to hang his clothing and use the accordion style packing cubes to hang items.

Any food we bring, snacks, cereal, etc.....goes in the closet up high on the ledge.

Our shoes go near the door. Sometimes we bring a small crate or storage container (when we drive, not fly) for our shoes. We actually find there’s plenty of storage space for long family trips. The key is to get organized as soon as you arrive. Take the time to put everything away and let everyone in the family know where everything is. :)

Thank you!!! I'm going to look into the packing cubes for sure. I do laundry a few times while we are there since we drive down as well. Makes me feel a little better for going for so long if we get to make it there this August. Kinda nervous my trip this August might be pushed to next August.

We are a family of four who stays for 14 nights. We always unpack completely and never live out of a suitcase. Our suitcases go under the bed and at the side of the bed nearest the wall. We pack for 7-1O days and do a load of laundry mid way. We each have our own colour of packing cubes, so it’s easy enough to share dresser drawers when necessary. My husband also like to hang his clothing and use the accordion style packing cubes to hang items.

Any food we bring, snacks, cereal, etc.....goes in the closet up high on the ledge.

Our shoes go near the door. Sometimes we bring a small crate or storage container (when we drive, not fly) for our shoes. We actually find there’s plenty of storage space for long family trips. The key is to get organized as soon as you arrive. Take the time to put everything away and let everyone in the family know where everything is. :)

We like to unpack the first day too- it stresses me out to live out of suitcases. If we're in a hotel for more than one night the suitcase is getting unpacked! We found it helpful to bring a pop up hamper. Most fold flat, and if you're doing laundry it was easy to dump into a suitcase to take to the laundry room.

Thank you!!! I'm going to look into the packing cubes for sure. I do laundry a few times while we are there since we drive down as well. Makes me feel a little better for going for so long if we get to make it there this August. Kinda nervous my trip this August might be pushed to next August.
We are also booked for August. At this point I’m not even sure if we’ll be able to cross the border into the States even if the parks are open. At this point we’re 99% certain we’re cancelling. I’m hoping for the possibility of a December trip.

Just got our cancellation email for May9-14-knew it was coming but still sad to see it in print! :)

Will try again July11-17.

DISNEY SKYLINER WILL FLY AGAIN!!!!
(someday maybe?lol)

Last edited:
We are scheduled for pop on June 1-7. We haven’t stayed there since the skyliner went up so I was curious if anyone remembers the normal hours for the skyliner. I’ve been reading that it isn’t always open early in the morning, and my crew are normally rope drop fans. Thanks for any input!

We are scheduled for pop on June 1-7. We haven’t stayed there since the skyliner went up so I was curious if anyone remembers the normal hours for the skyliner. I’ve been reading that it isn’t always open early in the morning, and my crew are normally rope drop fans. Thanks for any input!
Not sure what time it closes but normal starting time is 7:30am.

Just got our cancellation email for May9-14-knew it was coming but still sad to se it in print! :)

Will try again July11-17.

DISNEY SKYLINER WILL FLY AGAIN!!!!
(someday maybe?lol)
We cancelled our May 31-June 6 and rebooked for July 19-25. Here's hoping for July! Long time Pop fan, and that skyliner! I just love it!!

Thanks so much, that helps a lot! It would work for Epcot but not HS if my group wants to get there super early!
You're quite correct. Rope dropping DHS will require taking a bus. If you're hoping to get a Boarding Group for RotR and rope drop one of the bigger attractions I would recommend being at the Pop bus stop around 6:30am. If you're just trying for a Boarding Group then closer to 7:00 is fine.

All of this is with the plan that they are still using Boarding Groups when things reopen....sometime.

We have a September trip booked and are fully prepared we may need to cancel it. Considering we haven't entered a store in almost 5 weeks, entering Disney seems daunting at this time!

You're quite correct. Rope dropping DHS will require taking a bus. If you're hoping to get a Boarding Group for RotR and rope drop one of the bigger attractions I would recommend being at the Pop bus stop around 6:30am. If you're just trying for a Boarding Group then closer to 7:00
All of this is with the plan that they are still using Boarding Groups when things reopen....sometime.

We have a September trip booked and are fully prepared we may need to cancel it. Considering we haven't entered a store in almost 5 weeks, entering Disney seems daunting at this time!
We stayed at the dolphin in January and just walked in about thirty minutes before park opening both days to get a boarding group. It was easy and relaxed, but I knew for our HS day it was going to be a little different from Pop. We’ll probably try to get in line for the new Mickey ride so it’s going to be an early morning at the bus stop. l’m planning like we’re going but have no idea right now. If we can’t, we’ll move it to another date that works down the road! Thanks so much for the info!

Maybe it was different in December, but we took the Skyliner from Pop to HS, and were near the guest entrance by 7:07am. Got a boarding group in the 80's.

Has anyone stayed at Pop over New Years? We stayed at Coronado last year for NYE-my girls loved the party they had there with a DJ and Chip/Dale/Pluto. Does Pop have a New Year’s party with characters as well? Trying decide where to stay this New Years.

Has anyone stayed at Pop over New Years? We stayed at Coronado last year for NYE-my girls loved the party they had there with a DJ and Chip/Dale/Pluto. Does Pop have a New Year’s party with characters as well? Trying decide where to stay this New Years.

We stayed at POP this past New Years Eve and they did have a DJ party but I'm not sure if there were Characters there. I think the DJ Party was at the main pool. I did hear it while I was walking to the Skyliner on my way to EPCOT. I love spending time there over the Christmas Holiday. The Cast Members were great and entertaining.

My google-fu is probably a fail, but does anyone have pictures of the rooms with handrails in the bathroom that are not bathrooms with roll in showers? I am curious on whether I get the really nice remodeled bathroom or if I have to bring extra storage stuff myself. I'm not even sure what to look for searching. My reservation says "PrfrdRm WChrAcc Tub OptHr Q QTblBd"

My google-fu is probably a fail, but does anyone have pictures of the rooms with handrails in the bathroom that are not bathrooms with roll in showers? I am curious on whether I get the really nice remodeled bathroom or if I have to bring extra storage stuff myself. I'm not even sure what to look for searching. My reservation says "PrfrdRm WChrAcc Tub OptHr Q QTblBd"
Have you asked this on the DISAbilities board? Guessing more people there could answer your question while leaving your question here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter