Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did thanks! Got all 8 days we're scheduled to be there but really can't see us 'needing' a 9 night trip if the water parks are not open, capacity is reduced and a lot of things we would normally do are not going to be offered. Hoping at some point the offer the ability to reduce the dates of our trip....if we even go at all. Watching and waiting to decide as we get closer to our trip.

Can you currently not reduce the number of days? Is this new due to the shutdown?

Coming here to correct myself. Apparently if your resort is closed, and you don’t call and change/pay- they are cancelling 7 days out! 😲 Does not seem fair!

What??? Where did you hear that? I was told by my TA that if our resort didn’t open by our trip we would be moved to a different resort... I wonder if there’s a difference between selfbooked & TA booked? Although that doesn’t really make sense.

Can you currently not reduce the number of days? Is this new due to the shutdown?

I haven't tried but my understanding is that existing reservations cannot be changed right now. I might call and try at some point but right now there are too many unknowns about our possible trip to make any decisions. If they open the water parks then we would keep our existing trip length. Waiting and watching....

What??? Where did you hear that? I was told by my TA that if our resort didn’t open by our trip we would be moved to a different resort... I wonder if there’s a difference between selfbooked & TA booked? Although that doesn’t really make sense.
I believe if you have a room-only reservation and have not paid in full, if you don't contact Disney prior to 7 days before your trip they will cancel your reservation. If you're close to your trip and haven't paid in full I would recommend contacting Disney or your TA to find out exact details about your specific trip.

That's exciting! How did you book? I'm trying to book online but keep getting errors. Will keep trying though as I know their systems are extremely busy right now.
I booked online. Had the hang on tight Space Mountain page for a few, but then it went through. Park pass selection was super easy as well.

Thanks, I'll keep trying. I can get as far as the page that lists the room prices but the pricing section is blank with an error message. Possibly they haven't loaded rooms through Sep 2021 yet?

I will say I have a 'spare' trip still on the books for Aug of this year. (Booked it when I wasn't sure if we'd be going in Aug or Sept). May try to move that one to 2021 and see what happens. It has the 35% room discount attached to it.

Thanks, I'll keep trying. I can get as far as the page that lists the room prices but the pricing section is blank with an error message. Possibly they haven't loaded rooms through Sep 2021 yet?
In case you didn't know and this affected your plans, you can only book dates through September 26, 2021 (must check out by September 27). Speculation is holding off on 4th quarter bookings just yet due to the 50th anniversary.

YIKES!!! Just tried to move my Aug 2020 trip to Sep 2021 and the exact same trip is $1000 more!! Nope, going to leave it right where it is for now!

I'm guessing it dropped the room discount but it's still a hefty price increase even taking that into account! Here's hoping they offer some sort of discounts for 2021. Time will tell....

In case you didn't know and this affected your plans, you can only book dates through September 26, 2021 (must check out by September 27). Speculation is holding off on 4th quarter bookings just yet due to the 50th anniversary.
thanks! Looking to book earlier in Sep than that but I appreciate the tip! :)

WOW!!! For those of us who wondered if adding the Skyliner would increase the cost of rooms at Pop the answer is in and it's a resounding YES!!!

I'm looking to book in mid-SEPTEMBER 2021 and the Friday and Saturday night are $232.00 before taxes making the average price of our room over 9 nights more than $200/night for a Standard room!!! That's crazy!

Not really sure what's special about Sep 17 and 18, 2021 as the weekend before the exact same standard room is 'only' $197/night. Why those 2 nights are $35 more each night I don't know??

Also, All Stars are not bookable for 2021 yet so Pop and AoA are the only Value resorts that are available to be booked. I'm sure this gives Disney leverage to increase the cost of the rooms at Pop as they are currently the 'least expensive' of all Disney resort rooms available to be booked.

WOW!!! For those of us who wondered if adding the Skyliner would increase the cost of rooms at Pop the answer is in and it's a resounding YES!!!

I'm looking to book in mid-SEPTEMBER 2021 and the Friday and Saturday night are $232.00 before taxes making the average price of our room over 9 nights more than $200/night for a Standard room!!! That's crazy!

Not really sure what's special about Sep 17 and 18, 2021 as the weekend before the exact same standard room is 'only' $197/night. Why those 2 nights are $35 more each night I don't know??

Also, All Stars are not bookable for 2021 yet so Pop and AoA are the only Value resorts that are available to be booked. I'm sure this gives Disney leverage to increase the cost of the rooms at Pop as they are currently the 'least expensive' of all Disney resort rooms available to be booked.
Plus the REALLY nice Refurb(FIFTY-FIVE INCH TVS IN A "VALUE" RESORT!) factors in as well I think with Skyliner being the CENTERPIECE of being able to charge so much(we will see just HOW much Guests are willing to pay for a Skyliner Resort as time goes on.).

Plus the REALLY nice Refurb(FIFTY-FIVE INCH TVS IN A "VALUE" RESORT!) factors in as well I think with Skyliner being the CENTERPIECE of being able to charge so much(we will see just HOW much Guests are willing to pay for a Skyliner Resort as time goes on.).
The Skyliner is the biggest factor as the majority of the All-Stars Resorts have also been refurbed so the TV and updated rooms doesn't play into the calculation as much.

We'll stay at Pop at least once to try out the Skyliner. I'm guessing for us after this we will continue to stay at Pop but may choose to decrease the number of days of our trips by 1 or 2 to help offset the additional cost of the rooms.

I heard it from my travel agent. Luckily, I'm booked at Pop in October and got a great deal- cheaper than the rate I was paying for April '20. Now today- booked Pop for April '21 for $268/night. Yikes.

I heard it from my travel agent. Luckily, I'm booked at Pop in October and got a great deal- cheaper than the rate I was paying for April '20. Now today- booked Pop for April '21 for $268/night. Yikes.
WOW! That means even Passholder rates will be well over 2 Bills I would think.

Wonder how much less the All-Stars will be.

I am predicting that the next Skyliner line(WHENEVER that will be) will be All-Star Resort to Animal Kingdom and then they will join the POP pricepoint!

The Skyliner is the biggest factor as the majority of the All-Stars Resorts have also been refurbed so the TV and updated rooms doesn't play into the calculation as much.

We'll stay at Pop at least once to try out the Skyliner. I'm guessing for us after this we will continue to stay at Pop but may choose to decrease the number of days of our trips by 1 or 2 to help offset the additional cost of the rooms.
AoA went up at about the same % increase as Pop, and CBR went up even more, so I agree. AoA is still mid refurbishment and isn’t getting the table beds (at least not in the standard rooms), while CBR’s last room renovation was several years ago now.

The common thread is the skyliner.

WOW! That means even Passholder rates will be well over 2 Bills I would think.

Wonder how much less the All-Stars will be.

I am predicting that the next Skyliner line(WHENEVER that will be) will be All-Star Resort to Animal Kingdom and then they will join the POP pricepoint!

I am crossing my fingers for some kind of discount. I am also an AP.

YIKES!!! Just tried to move my Aug 2020 trip to Sep 2021 and the exact same trip is $1000 more!! Nope, going to leave it right where it is for now!

I'm guessing it dropped the room discount but it's still a hefty price increase even taking that into account! Here's hoping they offer some sort of discounts for 2021. Time will tell....

Yikes!! That is a huge increase! We were booked for a LK suite at AoA for 6/24-7/4/20 (sniff, sniff...I should be driving to Disney right now. :( ) We booked that in August 2019. Our total cost with (5) 8-day parkhopper tickets was $7864. That was the rack rate (we were on a free dining bounceback). Our TA booked our June 2021 trip this morning -- same room, same number of nights, same number of people, same tickets and our cost was $8154 -- so an increase of $290 -- less than 4%. I was really expecting it to be much higher. And that just makes your $1000 increase look even worse! Now of course, we'll probably end up having to change something and we'll get hit with whatever price increases happen between now and then, but for now, I'm happy.

Last edited:

Did you book before the last ticket price increase? They increased days 5-10 by about $15/person/day - on a long trip that really adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter