Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super excited to have been able to switch my reservation from a Disney Springs partner hotel in a few weeks to Pop with an AP discount! We would have enjoyed our visit anyway, but being back at Pop and having the Disney bubble is awesome! The passholder discount is available online at this point for arrivals through 9/30/20 by the way.
So glad it worked out for you. I double checked my late August trip, and the new discount (including tax) was about $100 more than the rate I have booked already (Including tax). I know that’s not much, especially since my trip is 11 days, but savings are savings, so I left it alone.

Of course, discounted rooms get me to thinking about booking a short trip to tide me over until then. After all, I haven’t been to Disney since January, and I need my fix!:hyper:

I NEVER,EVER could have imagined I would one day write the next sentence.

I am cancelling a Walt Disney World Resort vacation BECAUSE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC!!!!

After being on the fence all week,we made the HEART WRENCHING decision to cancel our July11-17 trip at Pop Century.

The Community Board Thread did throw us for "a loop",but it was many factors besides reading that Thread with the unexpected Surge in Florida being paramount.

We also would have been flying down and we began playing the "What if?" game incessantly:

What if we contract the Virus on the flight,are asymptomatic and then unknowingly spread it to innocent Guests/Cast at WDW?

So many "what ifs" like that.

We just decided we would be so "nervous" the whole time and then add in a "diminished" experience without Epcot Forever,Fantasmic!,etc.,etc. and no International Cast Members in World Showcase and the loss of the fun and "energy" that the College Program Cast Members bring,etc. and so begrudgingly we pulled the trigger and cancelled.

We even said it wouldn't be a July trip without The 15s around!lol

We will also probably cancel our October trip and shoot for January and hope things look MUCH better then.

No judgment for folks who are going-would feel like a hypocrite because we were THAT CLOSE to going ourselves.

All I can say is if COVID-19 is in the rear view mirror on October 1,2021 the Celebration at WDW for the 50th AND for FREEDOM form the Virus will be EUPHORIC and INDESCRIBABLE!

For all of you POPstars heading to WDW soon,please post a lot of reports and pictures from POPville!

I hope all of you going have the most GROOVY and most FAR OUT Pop Century visit EVER!:)

I NEVER,EVER could have imagined I would one day write the next sentence.

I am cancelling a Walt Disney World Resort vacation BECAUSE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC!!!!

After being on the fence all week,we made the HEART WRENCHING decision to cancel our July11-17 trip at Pop Century.

The Community Board Thread did throw us for "a loop",but it was many factors besides reading that Thread with the unexpected Surge in Florida being paramount.

We also would have been flying down and we began playing the "What if?" game incessantly:

What if we contract the Virus on the flight,are asymptomatic and then unknowingly spread it to innocent Guests/Cast at WDW?

So many "what ifs" like that.

We just decided we would be so "nervous" the whole time and then add in a "diminished" experience without Epcot Forever,Fantasmic!,etc.,etc. and no International Cast Members in World Showcase and the loss of the fun and "energy" that the College Program Cast Members bring,etc. and so begrudgingly we pulled the trigger and cancelled.

We even said it wouldn't be a July trip without The 15s around!lol

We will also probably cancel our October trip and shoot for January and hope things look MUCH better then.

No judgment for folks who are going-would feel like a hypocrite because we were THAT CLOSE to going ourselves.

All I can say is if COVID-19 is in the rear view mirror on October 1,2021 the Celebration at WDW for the 50th AND for FREEDOM form the Virus will be EUPHORIC and INDESCRIBABLE!

For all of you POPstars heading to WDW soon,please post a lot of reports and pictures from POPville!

I hope all of you going have the most GROOVY and most FAR OUT Pop Century visit EVER!:)
I’m so sorry but glad you’re following your heart and making the hard decision that is best for you. I’m guessing there have been endless conversations and many sleepless nights as you mulled over your decision.

In 2017 I pulled the plug on our Disney trip less than 24 hours before we were set to fly out as Hurricane Irma was also choosing Disney as her vacation destination. It was one of the hardest things I’ve done but shortly after there was such a feeling of relief.

I hope you have the same, sleep like a log tonight and can plan a new trip to Disney (and Pop!!) when you feel it is safe for your family! ((Hugs))

No judgment for anyone who chooses to cancel, or anyone who chooses to go. Everyone has different circumstances in their life that determine whether taking a WDW trip is the right thing for them. I would be more nervous about the flying part than the theme park part. Fortunately for me, flying isn’t necessary. Disney, and Pop, will be there when you are ready.

I haven't stayed at Pop in YEARS but booked it under the new AP discount and am excited to try it again!

The phone CM said there are no longer any king rooms; that's not matching what I read online (including their own site) and know CM's are often wrong ;)

Are there kings? If so, what's the best way to request one?

Thanks for the help!

I haven't stayed at Pop in YEARS but booked it under the new AP discount and am excited to try it again!

The phone CM said there are no longer any king rooms; that's not matching what I read online (including their own site) and know CM's are often wrong ;)

Are there kings? If so, what's the best way to request one?

Thanks for the help!
The best way is to make it your only request.

One thing to keep in mind is that many of the King rooms are accessible rooms so guests who require an accessible room will be offered them first. Also, some of the king rooms have roll-in showers as opposed to a stand-alone tub or shower unit.

A King room can be requested but is never guaranteed at Pop.

What’s the community board thread?

It’s such a weird time we live in... I’m so excited about the “idea” of going, but then I look at the things I won’t currently do at home (like eat inside a restaurant with or without my kids) and then have to do a little reality check of if I won’t do that here would I really be comfortable going to Disney?

It’s a really hard and personal decision. I’m sorry you’re not able to go right now, but hope you feel at peace with your decision and are able to find something fun at home to do instead!

What’s the community board thread?

and are able to find something fun at home to do instead!
The Thread that we saw was closed by a Moderator Wednesday.
https://disboards.com/threads/wdw-should-not-open-in-july-discuss.3806387/
It had a lot of really negative opinions such as the one below that no one should be going to WDW right now and even though some of it was maybe a little hyperbolic,it did get us to thinking a little "deeper" about the risks(to us and to others) than we had before.

"It is irresponsible and stupid to open now. Do we really need people coming from all over the country to a state known for surging cases and then go disperse back all over the country. And the people actually going are being irresponsible and selfish as well."

Bottom line is if cases had been on the decrease in Florida instead of surging and we were not flying down,we would have gone.

Won't be as much fun as WDW and POPville,but we are going to go to the Beach(cases are not surging there) for a few days.

We can drive there,so no worries about travel risks,there is a small,but very fun,completely outdoor Amusement Park,there are several "open air" restaurants we frequent and of course we will be social distanced and in "open air" at the Beach and Pool so we feel that is about as safe of a vacation as we can have right now.

Of course we will physically be at the Beach,but will be "daydreaming" about being in POPville(ESPECIALLY Wednesday AM when Disney Skyliner sets sail over Hourglass Lake!). :)

Booked a wait and see reservation for Labor Day Week.

The price is right, right around $100 per night, but odds are we will end up cancelling, especially since the state of Florida is just completely failing in their handling of the pandemic.

We will try to keep the reservation as long as possible, in the situation that Disney closes again and then they have to make good to those who held reservations much like they did earlier this year.

When anyone is at pop can you check and see if by any small chance they have the tie dye cheesecake even though it isn’t on the menu? My daughter loves it (even the recent shadow-of-it’s-previous-self one) and is so sad they don’t appear to have it. We will be there Labor Day and she would be thrilled if they have it. Also regular cheesecake too. Thanks in advance!

Personally, it still seems unclear. Are shipping services for both incoming and outgoing shipping? You may wish to call Disney to find out although we can only hope you're given correct information.
I think deliveries doesn't apply really, and shipping services means they won't ship anything out for you.

there's a non-pinned, recent thread maybe titled Grocery Delivery, where someone said they were told "yes" onsite.

The Thread that we saw was closed by a Moderator Wednesday.
https://disboards.com/threads/wdw-should-not-open-in-july-discuss.3806387/
It had a lot of really negative opinions such as the one below that no one should be going to WDW right now and even though some of it was maybe a little hyperbolic,it did get us to thinking a little "deeper" about the risks(to us and to others) than we had before.

"It is irresponsible and stupid to open now. Do we really need people coming from all over the country to a state known for surging cases and then go disperse back all over the country. And the people actually going are being irresponsible and selfish as well."

Bottom line is if cases had been on the decrease in Florida instead of surging and we were not flying down,we would have gone.

That thread was very negative in many ways. I find the ignore button has become my new best friend. There isn’t a one size fits all answer. For example, WDW is part of my local economy, which I am trying to support whenever possible. As an AP, I would be happy going to the parks and just staying outdoors, where the risks are lower. I don’t usually do a lot of TS dining anyway, since I find as a solo it’s easier to just stop for a lite bite when I get hungry and stay on the move. I am sheltering alone, so I do not pose a risk to anyone at home, and I would stock up the freezer so I could quarantine when I get home just like I do after the grocery store. I won’t judge anyone for their decision whether to go or not. I will save the judgement for anyone who doesn’t follow the rules when they get there.

I went to the beach in June when my Pop trip was cancelled, and had a great time, but I am really ready to go back to Pop. I would be so happy to just sit on a bench by the lake and watch the Skyliner flying by.

Riiight. The old "I'm only trying to help the economy" subterfuge. Got it! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I know, it sounds like an excuse to get my Disney fix, but literally everyone in my friends and family circle but two either works directly for one of the theme parks (Uni, SW, or Disney), or in an industry that is supported by/supports the parks. Including myself. I work for a company that both supports and is supported by the tourist industry. There are a lot of posts, especially in that thread the PP referenced, telling people to stay away from Disney and support their local economy instead. Disney being open means my local economy is recovering, and although I agree it‘s no hardship, I will be doing what I can to keep it going (and taking all necessary precautions while I do so).

I would be so happy to just sit on a bench by the lake and watch the Skyliner flying by.
No doubt! :)

I could even be happy just sitting in Classic Hall listening to the AMAZING Soundtrack and watching everybody going to and from the Buses!

But myself,Family or any friends have not been sickened by this monster so compared to the suffering of so many,a cancelled trip to POP is so insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter