• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up to Pop guests that some of the bus stop numbers might have changed at the parks. We are used to being f-a-r away from park exits and walking a long distance. Someone just posted on another thread that at the MK Pop was bus stop 2 today! A nice change but also something to be aware of for those of us who just start the long walk to the Pop bus stop without really thinking to check the boards.

OK,all you POPstars there now riding Skyliner,give us the scoop.

Are the concerns that many had coming to fruition?

Are Paramedics having to ride with Guests in the Gondolas for the inevitable Heat problems.

Is Skyliner being shut down every 30 seconds because of Summer Storms?

(Sorry for the sarcasm,but am hoping things are not as bad as many feared,because Skyliner ROCKS!)

Anyone staying at pop can help. What time is the skyliner working to get to the studios. Will I make it before park opening for the boarding group or should I just Uber to the studios

OK,all you POPstars there now riding Skyliner,give us the scoop.

Are the concerns that many had coming to fruition?

Are Paramedics having to ride with Guests in the Gondolas for the inevitable Heat problems.

Is Skyliner being shut down every 30 seconds because of Summer Storms?

(Sorry for the sarcasm,but am hoping things are not as bad as many feared,because Skyliner ROCKS!)
Well, I rode the Skyliner Wednesday and Thursday, but it was cloudy on the way in both times. The first day it stormed and I had to take a bus back, and the second day the sun was going down, so not very intense. I did make sure I took a bottle of water with me each time. They had all the vents open to make sure there was plenty of fresh air moving through, so that also helped. I even saw them scrubbing one down while in flight.

It did shut down Wednesday (which is why I had to take the bus back). There was talk when I was headed in that it might shut down and we would need to get off at the next station to catch a bus, but I did manage to make it to Epcot.

I love the Skyliner too!

Just a heads up to Pop guests that some of the bus stop numbers might have changed at the parks. We are used to being f-a-r away from park exits and walking a long distance. Someone just posted on another thread that at the MK Pop was bus stop 2 today! A nice change but also something to be aware of for those of us who just start the long walk to the Pop bus stop without really thinking to check the boards.
That was me! It was actually stop 26 on Friday, which is the first stop on the right in the second aisle (11-26). The third aisle starts at 27. But, yes, you do need to read the signs. I am sure each time another resort opens, they will all get shuffled. Also, when the Skyliner went down Wednesday afternoon, there were no signs to direct us to the alternate bus. I asked a bus driver who knew, but other bus drivers didn’t. They had separate buses for each skyliner resort, all picking up at bus stop 9, and it was difficult to social distance and allow people through to get on their bus. I felt that could have been handled better.

How long and what time did you take it to the studios. Trying to figure if there is enough time taking it to the studios to get in by 10 for the.m boarding group drama

MusicalAstronaut I asked them if I qualified for any discounts . I then started telling her.."we dont feel like its fair that all the all star hotels are getting free upgrades because they are closed, I paid more to upgrade some" I probably could have pushed for an upgrade instead but I stayed on the discount route.. I am happy with Pop.
Ugh. We arrive this Monday and I just called and said this exact thing. CM said the Allstars people were not "upgraded" but simply moved because there was no room for them. Which I understand, but we paid $200/night to be at a Skyliner resort so that is an upgrade IMO. I don't blame the Allstars guests at all but it kinda isn't fair. I guess I'll have to call back and see if I get someone else.

How long and what time did you take it to the studios. Trying to figure if there is enough time taking it to the studios to get in by 10 for the.m boarding group drama
According to the sign that people have posted pictures of in various threads, Skyliner will open at 9 AM.

Well, I rode the Skyliner Wednesday and Thursday, but it was cloudy on the way in both times. The first day it stormed and I had to take a bus back, and the second day the sun was going down, so not very intense. I did make sure I took a bottle of water with me each time. They had all the vents open to make sure there was plenty of fresh air moving through, so that also helped. I even saw them scrubbing one down while in flight.

It did shut down Wednesday (which is why I had to take the bus back). There was talk when I was headed in that it might shut down and we would need to get off at the next station to catch a bus, but I did manage to make it to Epcot.

I love the Skyliner too!
Thanks for the report.

When Skyliner was being built,I knew it would be really neat,but I had no idea it would become one of my absolute favorite things at WDW!

EQUAL PARTS CONVENIENCE AND FUN!

It really can't be exaggerated how awesome it is.

I was a little concerned Skyliner could be an "eyesore",but that is not the case at all and it is so quiet so no noise pollution either.

No inside info,but I would be shocked if many more lines aren't added(probably several years down the road though).

I could see an All-Star Resort to DAK line,CSR to DAK and DHS lines,etc. :)

Ugh. We arrive this Monday and I just called and said this exact thing. CM said the Allstars people were not "upgraded" but simply moved because there was no room for them. Which I understand, but we paid $200/night to be at a Skyliner resort so that is an upgrade IMO. I don't blame the Allstars guests at all but it kinda isn't fair. I guess I'll have to call back and see if I get someone else.
I would’ve just liked an upgraded category. All Star guests were not only moved, but given preferred and pool preferred rooms when they booked Standards. Is what is 🤷🏻‍♀️. I’m happy at Pop and I wouldn’t want to move unless it’s another Skyliner resort.

Thanks for the report.

When Skyliner was being built,I knew it would be really neat,but I had no idea it would become one of my absolute favorite things at WDW!

EQUAL PARTS CONVENIENCE AND FUN!

It really can't be exaggerated how awesome it is.

I was a little concerned Skyliner could be an "eyesore",but that is not the case at all and it is so quiet so no noise pollution either.

No inside info,but I would be shocked if many more lines aren't added(probably several years down the road though).

I could see an All-Star Resort to DAK line,CSR to DAK and DHS lines,etc. :)
There’s leaked plans somewhere out there that show extensions west to AK (with stops at CSR and AKL) and East to Disney Springs / Saratoga Springs

I booked a standard at Pop and ended up in a preferred room without asking for an upgrade, at no extra charge. I was in building 10 in the section closest to the lobby building. I actually prefer standard, since I drive so it’s a shorter distance to load/unload the car, but I was only there three nights so I stayed where I was. Maybe you will be upgraded to a different location too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter