Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
other than Disney spring what else is not too far away from pop century like fast food or something?
They have the solar McDonald's on property, and there is a shopping center called the Crossroads (is it even still there? I haven't been since there since 2011) next to property.

That kind of stinks, so you can't actually walk around and look at anything to see what you might want?
Correct, they don’t have food out at all. You mobile order and when your food is ready, it’s put on a long table in a closed brown paper bag for you to pick up & go.

Skyliner update: we got in the line at 9:15 again today & are still waiting at the transfer station. We won’t make it to the park for opening at this rate. I don’t know how people say they get in line at 9:30 and make it! Also, DHS doesn’t have the new scanners so you still have to do metal detector/bag check.

Skyliner update: we got in the line at 9:15 again today & are still waiting at the transfer station. We won’t make it to the park for opening at this rate. I don’t know how people say they get in line at 9:30 and make it! Also, DHS doesn’t have the new scanners so you still have to do metal detector/bag check.

Are there buses you can take going to DHS and Epcot as well?

I would’ve just liked an upgraded category. All Star guests were not only moved, but given preferred and pool preferred rooms when they booked Standards. Is what is 🤷🏻‍♀️. I’m happy at Pop and I wouldn’t want to move unless it’s another Skyliner resort.
We were moved from ASMo. Standard room to standard room. Our room rate actually dropped a bit. I guess the tax rate is lower at Pop...? That’s what the CM said anyways. Skyliner isn’t a big deal for us cause we rent a car and plan to drive to the parks (though we may take it to Epcot). We’ve stayed at both Pop and ASMo and actually prefer movies so I don’t really see this move as an upgrade. Rooms are identical. It’s just a move to us and we’re fine with it. We’re excited just to go lol.
Who really lucked out are the mods. I almost splurged on a mod and now kicking myself. Most of them got moved to deluxes. Just read of a family who were told they’d be at CR since POR was closed. When they got their room assignment, they’d been given a 2-bed at BLT 😮😮😮 Now, that’s an upgrade!!

Last edited:
Do you call or go to the front desk or what to do this sort of thing? Thanks!
Start with a call. It goes to the Call Center, but you can absolutely politely insist on meeting with a manager.

You being there is more effective than bringing it up when you get home.

Were you waiting because the line was insanely long, or because that branch of the Skyliner wasn't running? If it happens again, send someone from your party to talk to a CM. 9:54 is crazy!

Start with a call. It goes to the Call Center, but you can absolutely politely insist on meeting with a manager.

You being there is more effective than bringing it up when you get home.

Were you waiting because the line was insanely long, or because that branch of the Skyliner wasn't running? If it happens again, send someone from your party to talk to a CM. 9:54 is crazy!
The line was actually shorter than on Saturday, but we kept pausing & getting the “temporarily delayed” announcement. We got in the park at 10:08. Hoping we get the 1pm boarding group!

I would’ve just liked an upgraded category. All Star guests were not only moved, but given preferred and pool preferred rooms when they booked Standards. Is what is 🤷🏻‍♀️. I’m happy at Pop and I wouldn’t want to move unless it’s another Skyliner resort.
We are one of those people who were "upgraded" to POP from ASMo. I truly understand how you feel, and maybe I would feel the same were it me, but for the inconvenience and ridiculous amount of time it took having to change our reservations twice and losing free dining, etc., I appreciated that they accommodated us and many others with this. They had no choice really, AS is closed. Personally, I do feel like it's an upgrade since I never stayed at POP before (and I am perfectly happy with ASMo). I do wish you luck!! :)
I agree with smallworldnh, I was one who got moved from ASMu to POP. Standard room to Standard room. I believe they are putting people where there is room while maintaining distancing. It's not an "upgrade" per se as our resort will be closed. We lost our free dining, then I spent three days trying to get someone on the phone to deal with my reservation. Be glad you didn't have to deal with that.

Thinking about declining housekeeping all together on our next trip in early Aug. Is it currently a thing to get a gift card if you do decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter