Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up specific dates for a trip and selected Pop Century.

When the list of room types and prices are displayed, click 'Rate Details'
View attachment 504266

From there a list of prices for each night is displayed
View attachment 504270

From there if you click 'View Rate Calendar' it shows room rates in calendar form.
View attachment 504271
This is something new i just found this week. Not sure how long it's been there?
Nice find.

I am surprised they are making it so easy to see the shocking prices!lol :)

Routine $49.00 Standard Room Passholder Rates at the Values seem like they were only a dream and never really happened at this point!lol:)

That feature has been there for quite awhile. Glad you all found it! It's always been helpful to me as I try to find the lowest prices within a range of dates.

That rate calendar is so helpful, it even shows prices for 2021 dates that aren’t bookable yet so I can get an idea of what my next stay might cost. Thanks for sharing!

Does anyone know when the Pop Century Resort opens in July 2020, when or if availability will start showing up on MyDisneyExperience for the test of 2020?

I see others posting about 2021 costs.

Does anyone know when the Pop Century Resort opens in July 2020, when or if availability will start showing up on MyDisneyExperience for the test of 2020?

I see others posting about 2021 costs.
It’s supposed to open the 10th.

Disney has not released details of when 2020 bookings will resume.

Availability isn’t possible to check for 2020 right now but you can check prices by googling “mousesavers” and the name of any resort.

I think it’s a good bet that when booking resumes initially that all room types will be available for all days in 2020 for all non-DVC rooms. Lotta cancellations.

It’s supposed to open the 10th.

Disney has not released details of when 2020 bookings will resume.

Availability isn’t possible to check for 2020 right now but you can check prices by googling “mousesavers” and the name of any resort.

I think it’s a good bet that when booking resumes initially that all room types will be available for all days in 2020 for all non-DVC rooms. Lotta cancellations.

Thank you, CastAStone. I guess I'll keep checking MDE app for a late-week in August 2020.

Well, it looks like we're staying at Pop!

At first, I was really unhappy to be switched for our trip this fall. I'd intentionally chose All-Star Movies because it's cheaper, has a better theme, is smaller, has newer renovations, and we could get a preferred room for less than the price of a Pop standard. We've loved All-Star Movies in the past, even before the renovations (and they have great buses!), but I've always avoided Pop because the theme doesn't appeal to me and looks much older. Everyone complains about Pop buses and food, too. Well, I guess you can hear in my tone I'm still not thrilled with the change, BUT...

...we are really looking forward to having the Skyliner. Also, because I'd reserved a preferred room at Movies, I actually got moved to a preferred room at Pop (and for the price of ASM!). So, I won't have to fret about the size of Pop Century. Besides, I'd never choose this room on my own, so it's actually a chance to experience something different. I'll be there with friends and my daughter, and we'll have an easy time getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios (assuming the Skyliner opens, of course!). We're going for a short trip, so the Skyliner might actually make a huge, positive difference.

So, yes, I'll miss all the Toy Story figures as we enter "Andy's Room" to go to our room, and I'll miss the Fantasia pool and secret menu at All-Star Movies, but I think this change will have its perks. If you have any tips for Pop, please let me know! I've already requested the 60s rooms. I thought the 50s might be a little quieter, but the 60s seemed closer to everything, and that makes a big difference. Was that a good choice?

I'm really hoping I'll enjoy Pop as much as you all seem to!

Well, it looks like we're staying at Pop!

At first, I was really unhappy to be switched for our trip this fall. I'd intentionally chose All-Star Movies because it's cheaper, has a better theme, is smaller, has newer renovations, and we could get a preferred room for less than the price of a Pop standard. We've loved All-Star Movies in the past, even before the renovations (and they have great buses!), but I've always avoided Pop because the theme doesn't appeal to me and looks much older. Everyone complains about Pop buses and food, too. Well, I guess you can hear in my tone I'm still not thrilled with the change, BUT...

...we are really looking forward to having the Skyliner. Also, because I'd reserved a preferred room at Movies, I actually got moved to a preferred room at Pop (and for the price of ASM!). So, I won't have to fret about the size of Pop Century. Besides, I'd never choose this room on my own, so it's actually a chance to experience something different. I'll be there with friends and my daughter, and we'll have an easy time getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios (assuming the Skyliner opens, of course!). We're going for a short trip, so the Skyliner might actually make a huge, positive difference.

So, yes, I'll miss all the Toy Story figures as we enter "Andy's Room" to go to our room, and I'll miss the Fantasia pool and secret menu at All-Star Movies, but I think this change will have its perks. If you have any tips for Pop, please let me know! I've already requested the 60s rooms. I thought the 50s might be a little quieter, but the 60s seemed closer to everything, and that makes a big difference. Was that a good choice?

I'm really hoping I'll enjoy Pop as much as you all seem to!

We stayed in the 60's building and it was perfectly positioned for us! Our room overlooked the splash pad so not "technically" a pool view but on the same side of the building. Easy walk to the main hall or the bridge to AoA. Never had an issue with noise.

Get to know the property! You can ask for a free scavenger hunt sheet at the front desk, which will give you a tour of all the theming on site. The Hippy Dippy pool is the main pool, but we liked going over to the computer pool (in the 80's area) when we wanted to get away from the crowd. And if you want to explore even more, it's a fairly quick walk over to AoA - they also have a free scavenger hunt through the property, and hopefully they'll resume the "how to draw" classes that happen in the lobby 3X a day.

The exterior might look a little old, but the rooms were all renovated before they started redoing them at ASM - I haven't seen them in person yet but I've heard great things! We are booked at Pop for February and I'm looking forward to going home :)

I'm not sure why Pop looks older from the outside, since it's at least 10 years newer than any All Star. Is it that the theming starting in the 1950s gives the impression that it's older? Lol has the same number of buildings as any All Star, and with the exception of AoA's Little Mermaid section, the Value footprints have gotten more compact with newer construction.

Bus complaints? Such as...? Shouldn't matter for the foreseeable future anyway, what with bus "zones", and dividers, and no standing, and fewer guests overall, it doesn't seem !like there'd be much to complain about. And the food court menus seem to have become less special and more homogenized across all the Value resorts.

WOW!!! For those of us who wondered if adding the Skyliner would increase the cost of rooms at Pop the answer is in and it's a resounding YES!!!

I'm looking to book in mid-SEPTEMBER 2021 and the Friday and Saturday night are $232.00 before taxes making the average price of our room over 9 nights more than $200/night for a Standard room!!! That's crazy!

Not really sure what's special about Sep 17 and 18, 2021 as the weekend before the exact same standard room is 'only' $197/night. Why those 2 nights are $35 more each night I don't know??

Also, All Stars are not bookable for 2021 yet so Pop and AoA are the only Value resorts that are available to be booked. I'm sure this gives Disney leverage to increase the cost of the rooms at Pop as they are currently the 'least expensive' of all Disney resort rooms available to be booked.
That's what I paid for July 2020 too. They definitely increased the prices. :/

We’re back at Pop November 6-13! Had to initially book All Stars because Pop was full. Yay!
You must be a very lucky person because as soon as I read your post I went over and checked the Pop for 11/16-21 and found it completely unavailable. This is why we got All Stars Music, because we could not get Pop at time of booking.

I'm not sure why Pop looks older from the outside, since it's at least 10 years newer than any All Star. Is it that the theming starting in the 1950s gives the impression that it's older? Lol has the same number of buildings as any All Star, and with the exception of AoA's Little Mermaid section, the Value footprints have gotten more compact with newer construction.

Bus complaints? Such as...? Shouldn't matter for the foreseeable future anyway, what with bus "zones", and dividers, and no standing, and fewer guests overall, it doesn't seem !like there'd be much to complain about. And the food court menus seem to have become less special and more homogenized across all the Value resorts.
Since there is no where else to eat, lol, I’m guessing (hoping) that the food courts will be open! I just hadn’t officially heard....but, ya Gotta eat,so

Maybe old isn't the right word. I think it's more that the decorations look kind of like city grates, and that makes it look older or industrial or something.
POP%20Centurey001.jpg

I didn't mean to offend. I get that people like it a lot. It just looked kind of disappointing to me. My daughter loves Toy Story, so we were expecting all the Toy Story characters, and the cute Fantasia pool with sorcerer Mickey and the whimsical brooms. A pool with a computer (or one with hippies) just seems a little less... fun.
But maybe I'm wrong! People are already telling me things I didn't know, like there's a splash pad at one of the pools at Pop! I think it will end up being more enjoyable than it sounds or looks from the pictures. When it comes down to it, my kid will love a pool whether it's got Mickey spraying water at her, a computer statue, or no decor at all!

You're also right that almost all the values are very large, it's just that Pop specifically is the largest. I believe it's the largest of all the Disney resorts. Pop Century has 2,880 rooms, All-Star Movies and Sports have 1,920 rooms, All-Star Music has 1,604 rooms, and Art of Animation has 984 rooms.

I'm sure I'll end up liking it there. There have been some people who on these boards who said they like Pop more than deluxe resorts! It sounds like most people end up really liking it after they stay there, so I'm sure I'll be the same way. I think I'll really like the Skyliner especially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter