Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

We’re staying at Pop Jan 22-27. Just got an email from Disney about skyliner refurbishment.
Jan. 16-21
- Disney Skyliner transportation between Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be unavailable.
- Disney Skyliner transportation between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be unavailable.
Jan. 16-27
- Disney Skyliner transportation between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort and International Gateway at EPCOT will be unavailable.

I don’t know how the skyliner route works. If I want to go to Epcot from Pop, can I take the skyliner?

We’re staying at Pop Jan 22-27. Just got an email from Disney about skyliner refurbishment.
Jan. 16-21
- Disney Skyliner transportation between Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will be unavailable.
- Disney Skyliner transportation between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be unavailable.
Jan. 16-27
- Disney Skyliner transportation between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort and International Gateway at EPCOT will be unavailable.

I don’t know how the skyliner route works. If I want to go to Epcot from Pop, can I take the skyliner?
Unfortunately not. To take the Skyliner from Pop to Epcot, you’d need to transfer from the Pop-Caribbean Beach line to the Caribbean Beach-Epcot line.

With the CB/Epcot line down, you’d only be able to go as far as Carribean Beach Resort.

Jan. 16-21
Jan. 16-27

No...and if I were you; unless you're getting a discount to adjust for the skyliner being down; I'd switch resorts. Pop raised their prices with the addition of the skyliner. If you're not getting that I'd switch to the other value prices, since that what you're getting.

Unfortunately not. To take the Skyliner from Pop to Epcot, you’d need to transfer from the Pop-Caribbean Beach line to the Caribbean Beach-Epcot line.

With the CB/Epcot line down, you’d only be able to go as far as Carribean Beach Resort.
This is a major bummer. Do the repairs ever finish earlier than expected? fingers crossed?!?

How is the internet connectivity at PoP? My friend that I am traveling with next year will have to do some homework while we are gone (she is in online college classes atm). I just want to be sure that shouldn't be a problem.
My daughter did her online classes, last year, without any problem.

I would suggest taking Skyliner to Hollywood Studios and then taking a FriendShip boat from there to Epcot's International Gateway.

A little time consuming but much more fun than the bus to the front of Epcot.
nice! didn't know about that option. sounds good to me! thank you so much

It's an option but it's not a good one if you care about how long it's going to take you to get to EP. The boat alone is like 30 mins and that is if you get straight on at DHS. And that's if the refurb ends on time.

I have to agree with PP, unless you are staying at Pop because you like Pop, bail. Pop commands a large premium for it's Skyliner access and Disney does not offer compensation for it not running.

my dates are jan22-26. Park days 23-25. I can switch to all stars sport to save $55, stay at pop and have skyliner for hollywood studios, or switch to POFQ for $330 more. Neither all stars nor port orleans would be a top choice in general

It's an option but it's not a good one if you care about how long it's going to take you to get to EP. The boat alone is like 30 mins and that is if you get straight on at DHS. And that's if the refurb ends on time.

I have to agree with PP, unless you are staying at Pop because you like Pop, bail. Pop commands a large premium for it's Skyliner access and Disney does not offer compensation for it not running.
I definitely think the cost should be discounted during skyliner outage. I ended up moving a week back this past January to avoid the closure.

Is our best bet to receive connecting rooms by calling/sending a fax a few days before arrival? I know they aren’t guaranteed but I’d like to boost our chances. We already mentioned connecting rooms and the confirmations numbers when we booked, but wasn’t sure there was anything else we could do to increase the odds of getting one
I have called before, and they noted it on my reservation. I know it is not guaranteed, but we have always had our requests granted! I also put in the Room Reservation request with Touring Plans. Most of the time, we get super close to our request as far as location goes. One time, we got the exact room we requested! I hope this helps.

I checked Page 1 and there are 2 Fax numbers shown. I'm guessing that 4022 is the most up to date. The other number looks like it is underscored, but when I copy and paste it, it looks to have the line going through the number instead of under it.

This is a major bummer. Do the repairs ever finish earlier than expected? fingers crossed?!?
They can but I would not count on it.
my dates are jan22-26. Park days 23-25. I can switch to all stars sport to save $55, stay at pop and have skyliner for hollywood studios, or switch to POFQ for $330 more. Neither all stars nor port orleans would be a top choice in general
Totally personal choice but for only $55 total for 4 nights, I would stay at Pop. If the savings were $55/night then I'd move for sure!

You're welcome.

We always try to find fun ways to avoid the buses whenever possible even if it is more time intensive.

We decided we have been on enough WDW buses to last a lifetime!lol

The FriendShip route along Lake Hollywood and Crescent Lake is so pretty and Disney Skyliner is really an Attraction-it just happens to be outside of the Parks!

We are big Skyliner fans-always try to work a "Sunset Flight" into each trip. :)

1698335878714.png

I’m not sure how often it happens at the All Stars but shared buses are not my first choice. I like Pop’s dedicated buses with only one stop at each end.
Definitely agree! We have also hopped on an AoA bus at MK before when Pop had just left. Beautiful walk over, and we enjoyed their gift shop while we were there, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter