Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

If you want to watch Epcot Forever AND not deal with a long Skyliner line,this is what we did tonight.

Watch from the English Channel Bridge.

At the sound of the last firework IMMEDIATELY speedwalk out the International Gateway and to the Skyliner Station.

We were among the first to arrive at the Station and boarded a Gondola about a minute after arriving.

As we flew out of the Station the line had begun to grow exponentially.

We arrived at PopArt Station at 10:32 PM allowing plenty for time for a trip to Everything Pop Dining and some late night Tie Dye Cheesecake!
:)
Yes!! We did the same last week. It was simply incredible-the best post fireworks experience ever! We were back in our room at POP by 10:30.

Out of sheer desperation , I purchased a box of those Softees Donuts… donuts in a box? Now I am hooked and they are my special treat for Disney POP Century Once they were Sold Out so now I make sure they are in my possession for my HEA fireworks viewing on Disney TV in room Channel 74 ( ?) …..
I will be so glad when they bring back all the self serve in the restaurant area… Fresh bananas … etc.

Last edited:
So here's an odd question/situation. How long can you store something at the departure luggage location?

I only ask because my wife and kids are visiting family in FL for a few weeks. Her parents will be dropping them off at POP and I fly in. They will have their car seats in a travel bag (one full car seat, one booster). Is there any chance disney would hold that bag for the duration of our stay? I'm just thinking if that could give us one less thing in the room since they will have more luggage than normal. It's a long shot, but thought I would ask. If no one knows definitively, I'll probably stop over on check in day and see what they say as well.

So here's an odd question/situation. How long can you store something at the departure luggage location?

I only ask because my wife and kids are visiting family in FL for a few weeks. Her parents will be dropping them off at POP and I fly in. They will have their car seats in a travel bag (one full car seat, one booster). Is there any chance disney would hold that bag for the duration of our stay? I'm just thinking if that could give us one less thing in the room since they will have more luggage than normal. It's a long shot, but thought I would ask. If no one knows definitively, I'll probably stop over on check in day and see what they say as well.
The booster and probably car seat would fit under the stationary queen bed so you wouldn't need to store them at luggage services. I'd be concerned with them getting misplaced or possibly damaged. Also, luggage services is VERY busy so it may be a challenge for them to find them after an extended period of time.

The distance from the floor to the bottom of the bed frame is 14.5" so if the height of your car seat laying down is that or less it would fit under the bed.

If not, I'd recommend you call Pop and ask if they will hold luggage for an extended period of time. If not, there are lots of places you could easily tuck your car seat out of the way (under bathroom counter, beside closet, etc.) that would not be in your way.

Everything Pop Shopping now has a small Cooler and small selection of Snacks to partially make up for the current non access to Grab and Go in Everything Pop Dining.

IMO this will go away as soon as Everything Pop Dining fully reopens which all signs point to be very soon.

View attachment 589320

View attachment 589321

View attachment 589322

Can you still get milk? I normally have cereal in my room and get milk from the grab and go. Hopefully it'll be fully open by Sept but just in case I need a plan b.

I think they would hold those for you because you’d be a current guest. Many years ago, before there were mini-fridges at Pop, we had a fridge exchange where Pop would hold the fridges between guests. I think they eventually got sick of that and finally installed fridges in the rooms.

In any event, I’d ask. There is only so much you can store under the stationary bed. If they decline your request, @scrappinginontario offers good advice (as always).

This is not necessary true about waiting in the same line as everyone else if you have an ECV or wheelchair. I’ve been to Pop twice in the past few months. I asked a cast member the first time what I was supposed to do. He said I should wait in line with everyone else. No problem until the next time I rode it and a cast member asked me why I was in the regular line. He said I should go directly to the wheelchair gondolas. I never waited in the regular line again.

This is the way it was before the pandemic. I am glad to see it has returned to the separate lines.

I think they would hold those for you because you’d be a current guest. Many years ago, before there were mini-fridges at Pop, we had a fridge exchange where Pop would hold the fridges between guests. I think they eventually got sick of that and finally installed fridges in the rooms.

In any event, I’d ask. There is only so much you can store under the stationary bed. If they decline your request, @scrappinginontario offers good advice (as always).

I miss the fridge exchange! There were always so many useful gadgets and gizmos included in that box like spray bottle fans. We even had one once that had decorations for the room!

For a split stay, we leave our luggage at Pop and it will be transferred to Port Orleans Riverside. Will they also transfer any groceries I have with me? Mainly wanting to know what to do with refrigerated items.

Can you still get milk? I normally have cereal in my room and get milk from the grab and go. Hopefully it'll be fully open by Sept but just in case I need a plan b.
What we have been doing for Grab 'n Go items(including Milk) is to just take the short walk across Generation Gap Bridge to Art of Animation and get the items we want at the Grab 'n Go in Landscape of Flavors. :)

(Grab n' Go is open at AoA because it is located to the "side" of the Food Stations in Landscape of Flavors while Grab n' Go at Everything Pop Dining is located in the "middle" of the Food Stations and can't be accessed currently.)

Have stayed at POP three times (most recent 5 years ago), and still has a special place in our family's hearts. Looking to reserve POP again in 2022, but my kids are no longer the age or size they were in previous years. At time of trip my daughter will be 16 and son 15. Does anyone have experience with room options when daughter and son no longer can share a bed? Here are options based on what I know:

Option 1: one (1) room two queen beds and twin blow up mattress (placed in front of entry door). Pros: one room reservation; Cons: Tight fit...is this really doable for 7 days?
Option 2: two (2) rooms - connecting preferred. Pros: Everyone gets a bed and kids and parents have privacy/independence; Cons: two room reservations; double the cost
Option 3: Is there another option???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter