Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

All sections of Pop are open. There is a known error on the app only showing those 2 sections. If you wish to request a different section please contact Pop directly. Phone number is in post 1.

Where is the option to request a specific building?? The only option I see on room check in is a drop down to choose king bed or ground floor. I looked on the app and on the website as well.

Where is the option to request a specific building?? The only option I see on room check in is a drop down to choose king bed or ground floor. I looked on the app and on the website as well.

I just tried the following (From page 1 of this thread) as I have not checked-in yet and it still holds true on my MDE app:

Note: I did have to scroll at the location that showed Ground Floor and King bed in order to see 50's and 70's.

'Guests may check-in online any time after an initial deposit is made for a reservation. General room requests (room location, connecting rooms, special requests, etc.) can be made on the MyDisneyExperience app* (MDE) or by calling the reservation number 407.934.7639 (407.WDISNEY) any time after making your reservation. Please note that requests are not guaranteed.

(*Note: As of writing of this post Jan 1, 2021 there is a known error on the app allowing guests to only choose the 50’s or 70’s section for Standard Rooms. All 5 centuries have Standard Rooms so if you wish to request the 60’s, 80’s or 90’s, calling the reservation number is recommended.)'

Last edited:
I just tried the following (From page 1 of this thread) as I have not checked-in yet and it still holds true on my MDE app:

Note: I did have to scroll at the location that showed Ground Floor and King bed in order to see 50's and 70's.

'Guests may check-in online any time after an initial deposit is made for a reservation. General room requests (room location, connecting rooms, special requests, etc.) can be made on the MyDisneyExperience app* (MDE) or by calling the reservation number 407.934.7639 (407.WDISNEY) any time after making your reservation. Please note that requests are not guaranteed.

(*Note: As of writing of this post Jan 1, 2021 there is a known error on the app allowing guests to only choose the 50’s or 70’s section for Standard Rooms. All 5 centuries have Standard Rooms so if you wish to request the 60’s, 80’s or 90’s, calling the reservation number is recommended.)'
Thank you! I tried going back to see if scrolling helped but it seems I'm missing those. Looks like I'll have to call.

Thank you! I tried going back to see if scrolling helped but it seems I'm missing those. Looks like I'll have to call.
View attachment 596241
I normally call as our preference for a standard room is either the 60's or 70's sections and the 60's isn't available on the app. Hope you're able to get through quickly and add your selection.

If it helps, rooms are not assigned until about 3-5 days before arrival so you can check-in and then call later to add your preference if the wait time is long on the phone lines.

I haven't had any major problems with the mini-fridges at the Pop, at the All-Star Movies there was one that was a little warm. Our last stay at the Pop ours actually got quite cold, it froze one of my seltzers that I head in there and it burst!

I haven't had any major problems with the mini-fridges at the Pop, at the All-Star Movies there was one that was a little warm. Our last stay at the Pop ours actually got quite cold, it froze one of my seltzers that I head in there and it burst!
Same here-we have always had COLD Fridges at POP.

DEFINITELY always cold enough to keep Milk.

If we ever get a warm one,we will ask for Maintenance/Housekeeping to check it out.

And we even did a little "test" once at All-Star Sports. :)

Same here-we have always had COLD Fridges at POP.

DEFINITELY always cold enough to keep Milk.

If we ever get a warm one,we will ask for Maintenance/Housekeeping to check it out.

And we even did a little "test" once at All-Star Sports. :)

View attachment 596273

That's the old fridge and not what is currently at pop. The previous page that has the one with the glass door is what's now there.

I've also not had issues with the current one and would contact the front desk if it wasn't cold.

That's the old fridge and not what is currently at pop. The previous page that has the one with the glass door is what's now there.

I've also not had issues with the current one and would contact the front desk if it wasn't cold.
Yes-we haven't done a "test" on the "Beverage Coolers",but as ajrwdwgirl posted they can get quite cold themselves!(We have experienced similar things with the "Beverage Coolers" at POP/All-Star Movies post Refurbs.)

I will try to remember to pack an ice tray and give it a go next week. :)

One thing to note is that the current 'fridges' at Pop do not feel cold when you open the door like a normal fridge does but they still cool the items within it. I don't know the technology but for us it has worked during all of our stays.

It’s encouraging to read that so many Pop guests here haven’t had a problem with the beverage cooler in the rooms keeping milk safely cold enough. Maybe I won’t have to pack a collapsible cooler after all. However, I’m still interested in knowing if any very recent or current guests had/have this sticker on their beverage cooler 596321

It’s encouraging to read that so many Pop guests here haven’t had a problem with the beverage cooler in the rooms keeping milk safely cold enough. Maybe I won’t have to pack a collapsible cooler after all. However, I’m still interested in knowing if any very recent or current guests had/have this sticker on their beverage cooler

Yes, during our stay at Pop July 23-30, we had that exact sticker in our building 1 room. We used this cooler for milk, beer, cheese, and fruit. I have to admit that one half gallon of milk went sour. The other half gallon was fine. For the one that went bad, we just figured it wasn't all that fresh to being with. I was more interested in drinking the beer, anyway.

I didn't pay attention to what brand of beverage cooler this is, but a manufacturer I see mentioned here on the boards is Danby. On their website, they make a distinction between their mini refrigerator products and their beverage cooler products: (https://www.danby.com/blog/5-key-differences-between-a-compact-fridge-and-a-beverage-center/).

It’s encouraging to read that so many Pop guests here haven’t had a problem with the beverage cooler in the rooms keeping milk safely cold enough. Maybe I won’t have to pack a collapsible cooler after all. However, I’m still interested in knowing if any very recent or current guests had/have this sticker on their beverage cooler View attachment 596321
AFAIK they ALL have them now.

Ours had it during our stay at POP last month and the below picture is from our April stay at All-Star Movies.

I "think" it is just a way for Disney to "warn" Guests that if their "Beverage Cooler" isn't cooling properly,the Guest should "Contact Front Desk for assistance" so the problem can be corrected and nothing spoils and with the warning Disney removes themselves from liability for spoilage-just a guess.

It would make NO SENSE for Disney to provide "Beverage Coolers" that won't even keep Milk cold!!!! :)

If there was constant Milk spoilage happening,I would think Disney would HAVE to put a warning on the Coolers "WILL NOT MAINTAIN MILK REQUIRED TEMPERATURE".

Last edited:
Hey Pop people! I would love some help with my questions. Ive stayed at POR in the past but my family grew bigger and budget smaller so here we are at POP. We arrive 9/2/21-9/10/21

1)I have 2 rooms booked. My kids are 5,5,10,12,14. We are traveling with my boyfriend so WE NEED TO HAVE connecting rooms. My travel agent assured me we would but i feel like i may have been fed a bunch of lies because of what im reading on here. My kids cannot stay by themselves and they are not comfortable with being with my boyfriend yet. How do I make sure i get connecting rooms?

2) How early would you suggest leaving for the parks not on the skyliner for rope drop?

3) How necessary is rope drop these days? We were last there in August 2015 and it was absolutely necessary.

4) Can the kids have floaties in the pool?

5) I will have groceries delivered do i just use the address at the top of this thread? Do they get delivered to our room or will i have to send someone to pick them up?

6) We have a large family. We wont have a car, im planning on eating breakfast in room but what other creative ways can we keep our food budget down?

Thank guys!!!IMG_1580.JPGIMG_1580.JPG

1. I would make Connecting Rooms your only request on your check-in. Don't request anything else. If you get your room assignment and it isn't a connecting room, go to the front desk and see if they can possibly move you.

2. It's recommended you leave for the parks 90 mins prior to posted park opening time if you want to be there for rope drop. You will be early and you will be standing in a crowd waiting for the parks to open, but it will put you in the front of the crowds. Currently it seems Epcot, DHS and AK seem to be allowing guests to start riding attractions 30 mins prior to posted park opening. MK begins their attractions at exactly park opening time.

3. Rope drop is extremely important for the lowest wait times of the day. Evening can also be good but not as good as rope drop.

4. I'm not sure. There are complimentary life vests available at all the pools but I don't know about 'floaties'. I would guess yes but that's just a guess on my part.

5 and 6. Not sure of the details. Will wait for someone with experience to share.

Hey Pop people! I would love some help with my questions. Ive stayed at POR in the past but my family grew bigger and budget smaller so here we are at POP. We arrive 9/2/21-9/10/21

1)I have 2 rooms booked. My kids are 5,5,10,12,14. We are traveling with my boyfriend so WE NEED TO HAVE connecting rooms. My travel agent assured me we would but i feel like i may have been fed a bunch of lies because of what im reading on here. My kids cannot stay by themselves and they are not comfortable with being with my boyfriend yet. How do I make sure i get connecting rooms?

2) How early would you suggest leaving for the parks not on the skyliner for rope drop?

3) How necessary is rope drop these days? We were last there in August 2015 and it was absolutely necessary.

4) Can the kids have floaties in the pool?

5) I will have groceries delivered do i just use the address at the top of this thread? Do they get delivered to our room or will i have to send someone to pick them up?

6) We have a large family. We wont have a car, im planning on eating breakfast in room but what other creative ways can we keep our food budget down?

Thank guys!!!View attachment 596410View attachment 596410

You're right, outside of medical reasons there is no guarantee that you will get connecting rooms. I do feel like Disney really tries to honor that request whenever they can but sometimes it's just not logistically possible. I personally know people who did not get the requested connecting rooms (it was at AKL) and Disney was not able to move them to connecting rooms during their stay. They were able to get them rooms very close to each other, though. My friend's travel agent insisted they would be guaranteed connecting rooms because "there are more kids than adults in your party" which has never made ANY sense to me. If there are 2 adults on the reservation, they can each take a room and split up the kids (I understand why that's not an option for you) so why would Disney guarantee connecting rooms in those circumstances??? Unfortunately, even though I warned my friend that what the TA told her was not true and she should have a game plan ready if they didn't get connecting rooms, she insisted her TA was right because it said "connecting rooms guaranteed" on the reservation. So when they didn't get the connecting rooms *and* they couldn't get moved to connecting rooms at any point during their stay, they had some problems because they packed as if they were all staying in one room and could share toiletries and other items.

The good news is you've already given yourself somewhat of an advantage because Pop Century has the largest number of connecting rooms of all the resorts (I think...I know they used to). We stayed at Pop 3 times when our kids were younger (we have 5 kids as well) and we always got connecting rooms. I made connecting rooms my only request to hopefully increase our chances. There was even one trip where we arrived and while we were given our connecting rooms but they were literally the exact same 2 rooms we had on the previous trip (and we weren't overly fond of the location -- too far from the food court and bus stops for us since we used those things several times a day) *and* the rooms weren't ready yet and we had a child who wasn't feeling well at the time so we really wanted to get in a room asap. The check-in CM was able to immediately move us to a much better location and the rooms were already cleaned and ready to go.

Like Scrappinginontario said, if you don't get assigned connecting rooms right away, just go to the front desk and see what they can do. They might be able to assign you to connecting rooms immediately (sometimes it seems like requests get overlooked by the room assignor) or they might have something available later in the day or at worst, the next day (which I know you don't want). I think the important thing is to just be prepared with a back-up plan in case you don't get the connecting rooms immediately.

Thank you!, and thank you for understanding my situation. I was worried i was going to get people on here telling me i shouldnt bring my fella i wasn't or my kids weren't comfortable sharing a room at night. They all do adore him and he loves them but when they get scared at night or anxious they want mama..even my 12 year old. My 14 year old daughter just needs a bit more privacy and personal space which i am trying to honor and respect. I think ill send a fax and call and make sure my request is in my reservation. I didnt see a way to ask for connecting rooms on MDE??? My boyfriend and I are heading in the direction of marriage and this is our first official family trip! I am so excited!

can we do uber eats or grub hub at pop?

1. I would make Connecting Rooms your only request on your check-in. Don't request anything else. If you get your room assignment and it isn't a connecting room, go to the front desk and see if they can possibly move you.

2. It's recommended you leave for the parks 90 mins prior to posted park opening time if you want to be there for rope drop. You will be early and you will be standing in a crowd waiting for the parks to open, but it will put you in the front of the crowds. Currently it seems Epcot, DHS and AK seem to be allowing guests to start riding attractions 30 mins prior to posted park opening. MK begins their attractions at exactly park opening time.

3. Rope drop is extremely important for the lowest wait times of the day. Evening can also be good but not as good as rope drop.

4. I'm not sure. There are complimentary life vests available at all the pools but I don't know about 'floaties'. I would guess yes but that's just a guess on my part.

5 and 6. Not sure of the details. Will wait for someone with experience to share.
Our Disney travel agent also told us we would be guaranteed connecting rooms if there were more kids then adults. She linked both the rooms in our reservation so hopefully it works. It’s not a huge deal if it doesn’t. The 2 rooms are for our son, daughter-in-law and 3 granddaughters. As long as we can at least get adjoining then that’s fine. We don’t check in until October 31st. I subscribe to Touring Plans (can I mention them here?) and they will fax our room requests too. Figured every little bit helps.

Thank you!, and thank you for understanding my situation. I was worried i was going to get people on here telling me i shouldnt bring my fella i wasn't or my kids weren't comfortable sharing a room at night. They all do adore him and he loves them but when they get scared at night or anxious they want mama..even my 12 year old. My 14 year old daughter just needs a bit more privacy and personal space which i am trying to honor and respect. I think ill send a fax and call and make sure my request is in my reservation. I didnt see a way to ask for connecting rooms on MDE??? My boyfriend and I are heading in the direction of marriage and this is our first official family trip! I am so excited!

You will need to call Disney to request connecting rooms. It's not an option online which hopefully means for your sake that less people request them. It's not a guarantee but hopefully something they will be able to honour. You may want to start thinking of a Plan B if they absolutely cannot honour it as was indicated in an earlier post.

Our Disney travel agent also told us we would be guaranteed connecting rooms if there were more kids then adults. She linked both the rooms in our reservation so hopefully it works. It’s not a huge deal if it doesn’t. The 2 rooms are for our son, daughter-in-law and 3 granddaughters. As long as we can at least get adjoining then that’s fine. We don’t check in until October 31st. I subscribe to Touring Plans (can I mention them here?) and they will fax our room requests too. Figured every little bit helps.
Yes, you're welcome to mention Touring Plans here. :)

Another way to guarantee connecting rooms would be to remove your boyfriend from the reservation (leaving you as the only adult with too many people for 1 room) and add him at check in. This will only work if you have a room only reservation AND you’re NOT planning on taking Magical Express.

Or, if you booked a package with tickets have your TA remove him from the package. Buy his tickets separately and link them to MDE. As far as Magical Express people have reported being able to buy a ticket at the counter. Worst case scenario he can Uber a ride in. Once you add him at check in at the hotel you can register him with Magical Express for the ride back to the airport free of charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter