Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading back to WL in November :yay: Last time we stayed there our kids were smaller and dh stayed home. We had a bunk bed room so no one had to share a bed. This Nov though dh is coming, our dd will be nearing 17 and ds will be 13.5 and doing 2 queens probably won't work. We may go for the bunk beds again (not sure if the kids are too big/tall for them?) or if we go for the 2 queens, we'd bring an inflatable twin. Has anyone ever brought one to WL? Any taller people use the bunk beds? My daughter is 5'9.

Rachel

Last edited:
we'd bring an inflatable twin.

There is a pull down day bed in the room too, which is about twin sized, so I don't think you'd need an inflatable. It's comfortable, and I imagine better than having a tall person on the top bunk!

There is a pull down day bed in the room too, which is about twin sized, so I don't think you'd need an inflatable. It's comfortable, and I imagine better than having a tall person on the top bunk!

In standard rooms? We didn't have one last time we were there.

we
Can anyone tell me if WL has its own security check to MK, so we don't have to wait at the main bag check line?[/QUOT

We just returned from the WL and when taking the Boat from WL to MK you get bag check right at the dock, it took 2 minutes it was wonderful. We took the boat twice and it was fast and quick.

Sorry if this has been asked already: Does Territory Lounge still offer coffee and danishes in the morning? Not to thrilled with RF new menu so trying to find someplace else.

Sorry if this has been asked already: Does Territory Lounge still offer coffee and danishes in the morning? Not to thrilled with RF new menu so trying to find someplace else.

I have read once RF opened again the lounge AM service ended. Which is totally tragic, the staff there was top notch and remembered my son as the "hot tea guy" each morning.

Only the studios at Boulder Ridge Villas (aka VWL) have the pull down.

Many of the other deluxe hotels do have a day bed, but WL is not one of them.

As Roxy says, no more TL coffee shop. It opened and closed a couple of times over the past two+ years, but it's gone for good now. It was a great place to get a solid latte and nice pastries. Hated to see it close for good, especially now that RF is subpar and Geyser Point has virtually closed for breakfast, as well. There aren't any good options at the Lodge if you want quick service which I find extremely annoying given all the money they put into the renovations and new build of the Copper Creek resort. Nearly three years and millions upon millions of dollars later, WL actually took a step backward in terms of food offerings.

As Roxy says, no more TL coffee shop. It opened and closed a couple of times over the past two+ years, but it's gone for good now. It was a great place to get a solid latte and nice pastries. Hated to see it close for good, especially now that RF is subpar and Geyser Point has virtually closed for breakfast, as well. There aren't any good options at the Lodge if you want quick service which I find extremely annoying given all the money they put into the renovations and new build of the Copper Creek resort. Nearly three years and millions upon millions of dollars later, WL actually took a step backward in terms of food offerings.
Hopefully they remedy this soon and bring back better options to RF. If Geyser Point didn’t get enough business for breakfast I can understand. But sad that’s no longer an option.

Been following the Geyser Point changes the last few weeks, it was a home run last year. Hopefully these changes are temporary.

Hello. Sorry if this was asked before. How often are the boat pick ups at WL? We have a 5:25 ADR at Chef Mickeys so what time should we be at the boat launch to get to the contemporary? Also if we were to take a Minnie Van to EMM what time should we be picked up to get to MK by 7:30am?
Lastly does the pool get very crowded and is it hard to find seating? We are going mid April.
Thank you so much!

Hello. Sorry if this was asked before. How often are the boat pick ups at WL? We have a 5:25 ADR at Chef Mickeys so what time should we be at the boat launch to get to the contemporary? Also if we were to take a Minnie Van to EMM what time should we be picked up to get to MK by 7:30am?
Lastly does the pool get very crowded and is it hard to find seating? We are going mid April.
Thank you so much!

For a 5:25 ADR at Contemporary, I'd shoot for at 4:45. Boats run about every 10-15 minutes, but you have to make sure you are getting the one going to Contemporary and not to Ft. Wilderness. They do a loop.

You wouldn't necessarily need a Minnie Van for a 7:30 EMM. There is a bus that runs to MK at about 6:30/6:45. But with the Minnie Van, 7 should be fine. It literally takes 5 minutes to get there.

I've never found the pool to be overly crowded, but we've always gone in January/February.

For a 5:25 ADR at Contemporary, I'd shoot for at 4:45. Boats run about every 10-15 minutes, but you have to make sure you are getting the one going to Contemporary and not to Ft. Wilderness. They do a loop.

You wouldn't necessarily need a Minnie Van for a 7:30 EMM. There is a bus that runs to MK at about 6:30/6:45. But with the Minnie Van, 7 should be fine. It literally takes 5 minutes to get there.

I've never found the pool to be overly crowded, but we've always gone in January/February.
Thanks for this answer. I have one more question. Has anyone slept on the sleeper sofas in Copper Creek for a few nights? We’re they comfortable? I’m thinking about changing from standard room to a 1 bedroom villa for our family of 5. Which means my 2 daughters (5 and 7) would have to sleep on the pull out bed.

Thank you so much!

During our trip last week, we were never able to catch a Minnie van in the morning. After trying & trying for 30 minutes one morning, we just took the bus but ended up getting to HS later than intended. We just planned on the bus for our rope drop mornings the rest of the trip.
The main pool was crowded on the warmer afternoons & the chairs were nearly all claimed. The secondary pool was never crowded but doesn’t have he splash pad if you have small kids.

Thanks for this answer. I have one more question. Has anyone slept on the sleeper sofas in Copper Creek for a few nights? We’re they comfortable? I’m thinking about changing from standard room to a 1 bedroom villa for our family of 5. Which means my 2 daughters (5 and 7) would have to sleep on the pull out bed.
Unfortunately, none of the DVC sleeper sofas are that comfortable. They are a three section pad on a platform. The pad, though memory foam, isn't that thick. However, small children might not mind the sleeper sofa.

Our boys ages 8 and 6 will be sleeping on the pullout at BRV in a few weeks. From what I have read they seem to be ok for kids.

Thank you so much!

Is there a particular reason you want to take a Minnie Van to MK? We caught a bus at around 7 for EMM and were easily in line by 7:30. It’s a very quick ride to MK. I’d save the $20 unless you have a specific reason you don’t want to take the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter