Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a wonderful dinner at Artist Point last May. The staff was great and the food was good. We are going back there at the end of February. :)

I think the trail is now closed for good. It had been open when we were there July but they had closed it off when we were there in October. We used to love it, too. But we still look forward to walking to FW along the paved path. We like to walk there for breakfast at Trails End. :)

It is about a 20 minute walk, or less, to Fort Wilderness. The trail starts near the WL bus stop and ends next to the pony stable, which is near the restaurants. :)
That’s odd that it would be open in July then close it. I wonder why :scratchin

I hope they re open the Nature Trail. One of the things I look forward to while staying at WL, and occasionally even when I’m not staying at the lodge!
As mentioned, the nature trail apparently is permanently closed--there's now fencing and a locked gate up at the point where the sidewalk to Cabin 8026 ends (that's the far end of the cabins on the south side). I suspect some woodsy spelunking would find a way to get back to the path. . .I mean, if anyone is looking to do so. . .:rolleyes1

Mind recommending any dishes at aP?
The smoky mushroom bisque is legendary; the buffalo loin is excellent (med rare!); the salmon is one of their signature dishes; and the berry cobbler is well-known and revered by many, though I echo the recommendation of the warm, house made donuts--they are simple but oh so yummy.

You can walk to Fort Wilderness? How nice! How long does it take?
It's right at a mile one way so, yes, about 15-20 minutes depending on your pace. It's paved but not lighted. Very nice place to spy wildlife: deer, turtles, rabbits. . .I've even seen a hawk on the ground with newly captured prey in its talons.

That’s odd that it would be open in July then close it. I wonder why :scratchin
They had just built the cabins, so the nature trail was still open since workers were still using it to some extent. Once everything was finished, they put up the fence. We were there in May and the trail was open. Several weeks later, it was closed. I'm very sad as that was my running trail for years.

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows how late the pools will be open until at the Wilderness Lodge in February?? We'll be there in 9 days and hoping to swim at night if the weather allows =)

Hi I am wondering if anyone knows how late the pools will be open until at the Wilderness Lodge in February?? We'll be there in 9 days and hoping to swim at night if the weather allows =)
We've stayed at the WL the first week of February a couple of years ago and the main pool closed at 9 pm. The villas pool stayed open later, though, I think until 11 pm, but that was a few years ago.

We're making our first trip to wilderness lodge as a family with 2 young children. I stayed when the resort first opened, but have not been back to WL. We really wanted to stay on the monorail line because we have two children (4 and 1). I'm hoping its convenient for us to get to the parks via boat or bus. Looking at the overview of the resort and amenities has put my mind at ease. so thanks for this thread!

We're making our first trip to wilderness lodge as a family with 2 young children. I stayed when the resort first opened, but have not been back to WL. We really wanted to stay on the monorail line because we have two children (4 and 1). I'm hoping its convenient for us to get to the parks via boat or bus. Looking at the overview of the resort and amenities has put my mind at ease. so thanks for this thread!

Congratulations on your upcoming stay. We love WL, especially with young kids because of the nice transportation options. We take advantage of both the boat and bus to MK, depending on the time of day, how big a hurry we are in, and our mood at the moment. Despite not being the most exciting transportation option, we have come to appreciate that WL has bus service to/from Epcot which the monorail resorts do not. Also be sure to not overlook the boat to CR option if the kids want to ride the monorail.

Can anyone tell me if WL has its own security check to MK, so we don't have to wait at the main bag check line?

I thought the boats have security check when getting off? I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw that on the boards.

Hmmmm.....friends of ours were just there and said that they were hoping they would have the security check for the monorail like when they stayed at GF.

Can anyone tell me if WL has its own security check to MK, so we don't have to wait at the main bag check line?

I thought the boats have security check when getting off? I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw that on the boards.

And just to add a bit more. The main MK bag check is now at TTC. That is where anyone driving their own vehicle to MK goes thru the check. The buses have their own check points after arriving at MK, the boats have their own little check areas when you arrive by boat and BLT has a little bag check along the sidewalk when you walk over from BLT. Because the monorail now has their check at TTC the monorail resorts had to add it at their stations. All of this has spread out the security and pulled it back from being immediately in front of the MK entrance.

And just to add a bit more. The main MK bag check is now at TTC. That is where anyone driving their own vehicle to MK goes thru the check. The buses have their own check points after arriving at MK, the boats have their own little check areas when you arrive by boat and BLT has a little bag check along the sidewalk when you walk over from BLT. Because the monorail now has their check at TTC the monorail resorts had to add it at their stations. All of this has spread out the security and pulled it back from being immediately in front of the MK entrance.

We didn't go through TTC on a ferry or anything, so I thought the main bag check at MK was for all getting off the boats. I really didn't pay much mind to different lines since we either did Mono or walked.

We didn't go through TTC on a ferry or anything, so I thought the main bag check at MK was for all getting off the boats. I really didn't pay much mind to different lines since we either did Mono or walked.

If you take the boat to MK then you will have a bag check that is right on the boat dock. If you take the bus to MK then there is a separate bag check for resort buses. We have found that the resort bus bag check is usually very quick and we can often find an open security check table, especially if you stay to the left. The new resort bus bag check is a nice improvement over the old MK bag check. The boat bag check can take a while if you are unlucky enough to have a Fort Wilderness boat dock just before the WL boat gets to the dock. But that doesn't happen very often. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter