Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
These pictures are amazing. I have been waffling between keeping my BCV-Poly split stay for next April, or paying all cash and doing WL-Poly, and these pictures are making that quite easy. Once my husband gets back from his work trip I think I am going to be dropping that BCV stay and making some DVC member quite happy to have a room just prior to the SW marathon.

We will be in WDW and the end of the month and I think we need to figure out how to add in a stop at Geyser Point.

We have a bunk bed courtyard view reservation for 11/2-10 and plan to request a room right in this area. The pictures of the view look amazing! Can’t wait to try WL for the first time. Thanks for the report!
Yes our view was amazing!!!!

Just came back from a short split stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

v6lXA9I.jpg

We originally booked a "standard" view but they put us in the courtyard on the 6th floor. Our room was right around the corner from the elevator which was nice to from the room to the main floor. Plus it was the elevators near Roaring Fork so the proximity was great.

The not so good, the rooms are a bit dated and our room needed some TLC. The one faucet was pretty much broken and unusable because the hot/cold knobs wouldn't turn.

The chairs at the desk were super wobbly and really creaked when you sat in them.

The knob to turn on the light at the desk was loose and the threading for the knob was pretty much stripped.

We spent an evening eating small plates at Territory Lounge and we are going to miss it when Artist Point gets bastardized into a character meal because I can't see them keeping the caliber of food that Artist Point is pumping out.

Geyser Point was alright. It's still a mess of a place that doesn't know what it is. Having to stand there for 5 minutes to wait for someone to sit you when the entire place is pretty much empty is just silly.

The cheese grits with pulled pork at Roaring Fork is legitimately delicious, especially for a "quick service" place.

We spent an evening eating small plates at Territory Lounge and we are going to miss it when Artist Point gets bastardized into a character meal because I can't see them keeping the caliber of food that Artist Point is pumping out.

Geyser Point was alright. It's still a mess of a place that doesn't know what it is. Having to stand there for 5 minutes to wait for someone to sit you when the entire place is pretty much empty is just silly.
I agree with the sentiment about AP. Our last meal there as it stands today is next week.

I'm curious about this new setup at Geyser Point. Usually we just take a seat at the bar and order drinks or split the chicken sandwich. Most of the time we are there after a dinner reservation at AP, so later in the night - I'm hoping we won't have issues just walking up at that point.

I agree with the sentiment about AP. Our last meal there as it stands today is next week.

I'm curious about this new setup at Geyser Point. Usually we just take a seat at the bar and order drinks or split the chicken sandwich. Most of the time we are there after a dinner reservation at AP, so later in the night - I'm hoping we won't have issues just walking up at that point.

If going to the bar, you don't need to wait. The wait is for a host/hostess to seat you at a table. It's normally very organized (and fair). Used to be people would just buy a drink at the bar then grab a table; or buy food next door at the window then grab a table.

Seeking updated info from 2018 visits:
1. Do waitstaff take food/drink orders at the main feature pool?
2. Geyser Point: with the seating changes, are there any available tables to eat at when ordering from quick service window?
3. Are bike rentals back on property? How about surrey bikes?
4. Where is the best spot to view the MK fireworks with music piped in?
TIA!

Just came back from a short split stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

v6lXA9I.jpg

We originally booked a "standard" view but they put us in the courtyard on the 6th floor. Our room was right around the corner from the elevator which was nice to from the room to the main floor. Plus it was the elevators near Roaring Fork so the proximity was great.

The not so good, the rooms are a bit dated and our room needed some TLC. The one faucet was pretty much broken and unusable because the hot/cold knobs wouldn't turn.

The chairs at the desk were super wobbly and really creaked when you sat in them.

The knob to turn on the light at the desk was loose and the threading for the knob was pretty much stripped.

The cheese grits with pulled pork at Roaring Fork is legitimately delicious, especially for a "quick service" place.

Love the photos. I also just returned from a split stay WL/Poly. Also had booked a standard room and ended up in a wonderful room on 5th floor with a view of castle, monorail, and fireworks also close to elevator near Roaring Fork. Not impressed with limited menu at Roaring Fork although CMs were wonderful. I didn't really enjoy Geyser Point as I also waited a good 8-10 min to be seated in a pretty much empty place and would have preferred a table with a view of water. Once I placed my order I did receive my food quickly but then waited 20 min for a check during which time I repeatedly tried to get attention of my server. I would have ordered a drink if he had bothered to come back after taking my order food was delivered by another CM.
I visited OFC several times CMs were wonderful but was not really impressed with food offerings at all.
In spite of the few minor "cons" this trip I love the WL and can't wait to return.

Seeking updated info from 2018 visits:
1. Do waitstaff take food/drink orders at the main feature pool?
2. Geyser Point: with the seating changes, are there any available tables to eat at when ordering from quick service window?
3. Are bike rentals back on property? How about surrey bikes?
4. Where is the best spot to view the MK fireworks with music piped in?
TIA!
1. The waitstaff do take orders at the Main pool.
2. They usually have open tables. I think the reason they had to switch to having people wait to be seated is so that they could optimize the seating area.
3. Bike rentals and surrey bikes are available to rent.
4. They pipe in the music at Geyser Point. You can sit near the water and have a pretty good view. There are tables that anyone can sit at out there.

Seems like quite a few DIS members @ WL right now...Any rumored updates on the room refurb coming up?

Either time table or scope of work?
I think the start date is October 1st. They haven't released any info on what they plan to do. I'll see if I can find anything out when we are there later this week.:)

1. The waitstaff do take orders at the Main pool.
2. They usually have open tables. I think the reason they had to switch to having people wait to be seated is so that they could optimize the seating area.
3. Bike rentals and surrey bikes are available to rent.
4. They pipe in the music at Geyser Point. You can sit near the water and have a pretty good view. There are tables that anyone can sit at out there.

I think the start date is October 1st. They haven't released any info on what they plan to do. I'll see if I can find anything out when we are there later this week.:)
Wow Wood Nymph! Thank you for the great info! Can't wait to hear more about the room refurbishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter