Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have WL booked around thanksgiving. I’m hanging tight, and will make a decision mid September once we know more. It maybe due to rehab, or reducing capacity, or a wait and see on need. I will say that the lodge often books up by January for the following nov/dec due to the holiday decorations. Thus, that’s a lot of people to move - so hopefully it reopens by beginning of nov. Right now the CMs have no clue.
We really don’t know how to tell you, today we found out 😥 our WL was changed to another resort. We were arriving November 26- December 6,2020.. we called and CM said they are moving guest from one resort to another . Please try to call back and double
check just in case. Good Luck ..... please let us know...

We really don’t know how to tell you, today we found out 😥 our WL was changed to another resort. We were arriving November 26- December 6,2020.. we called and CM said they are moving guest from one resort to another . Please try to call back and double
so sorry! what resort were you moved to?

Ugh that stinks! Hopefully you got moved to something better!

4 hours ago I spoke with a cast member and he said WL would NOT be open this year and possibly also next year not open. He encouraged me to switch my reservation now to another resort (while there was still inventory) and we did (to the Poly). I’m beyond sad, but first world problems can be tolerated. I’m grateful that I am healthy.

Does anyone have information what will be opened at WL? Will Mercantile be open? Self serve laundromat? Roaring Fork and if so what are the menu options any changes? Thank you

4 hours ago I spoke with a cast member and he said WL would NOT be open this year and possibly also next year not open. He encouraged me to switch my reservation now to another resort (while there was still inventory) and we did (to the Poly). I’m beyond sad, but first world problems can be tolerated. I’m grateful that I am healthy.
Wow. That’s crazy! I’m glad I moved our May reservation to Copper Creek now. I’m sorry about your trip. I know it’s minor - but it is a disappointment

I'm hanging onto my reservation for now. It's not until May, so I haven't been moved. We have no idea what will happen between now and May. It sucks because my second choice would be AKL, but it seems to be in the same boat.

If neither come up, I'll probably end up cancelling for 2021. I'm sure the 50th will last through at least some of 2022, and I can hit flower & garden and the 50th then. Most of the places I wanted to eat were buffets, so who knows anyway.

I’m so sad reading these posts. We always stay at WL Thanksgiving week and have plans to do so again this year. It‘s SO disappointing to read that it sounds like it will be closed. I wonder why. We’ll miss the ambiance and especially seeing the tree from the club lounge. So sad. 😢 I’m going to wait a while before trying to call. I spent nearly this entire week on hold trying to sort out park passes with our expiring APs. I finally got it resolved, but it was a long, frustrating process. I‘m taking a break from any more calls to Disney for now.

It‘s SO disappointing to read that it sounds like it will be closed. I wonder why. We’ll miss the ambiance and especially seeing the tree from the club lounge.
There are only about 367 normal resort rooms left in the north wing of the WL building. With all of the CCV, BRV and the Cabins and the planned remodel of the north wing stuck since the closing in March.

I would guess that Disney is using the reduced occupancy at the WL to help in their post Covid-19 restart plans. I don't expect they will finish the remodel of the regular hotel rooms until things improve.

Dave

I'm hanging onto my reservation for now. It's not until May, so I haven't been moved. We have no idea what will happen between now and May. It sucks because my second choice would be AKL, but it seems to be in the same boat.

If neither come up, I'll probably end up cancelling for 2021. I'm sure the 50th will last through at least some of 2022, and I can hit flower & garden and the 50th then. Most of the places I wanted to eat were buffets, so who knows anyway.
I priced it out for my stay in May and CCV was only $20 more for my stay, it was 3 nights. So that may be an option if you wanted WL. We have an only child though so the pull out couch was no big deal for us.

If we get moved from the main lodge, we get moved. I just don’t enjoy the Polynesian. And Animal kingdom buses take forever to get anywhere. So I hope yacht club or boardwalk is available by then. I’m of course got my fingers crossed they will just move us into a copper creek villa. Good luck to all

I had a sept trip booked for this year I just moved it to the same time next year - I booked contemporary based on what is available right now. I was willing to book one of the WL DVC but was not able to since it was more than 11 months out. Going to keep watching for availability when it gets closer and we know more. Who knows what will be available this time next year !

We are supposed to be there about the same dates. Not sure what to do...

It's very frustrating. We haven't made a definite decision, but we will most likely cancel. Just too many unknowns.

The WL being our favorite during the holidays is what made us book it for this Dec. This makes me sad, but kind of makes our decision toward cancelling easier.

Hope you have a great trip!

I’m so sad reading these posts. We always stay at WL Thanksgiving week and have plans to do so again this year. It‘s SO disappointing to read that it sounds like it will be closed. I wonder why. We’ll miss the ambiance and especially seeing the tree from the club lounge. So sad. 😢 I’m going to wait a while before trying to call. I spent nearly this entire week on hold trying to sort out park passes with our expiring APs. I finally got it resolved, but it was a long, frustrating process. I‘m taking a break from any more calls to Disney for now.

I hope things work out the way you want.

Is there any word on what the current transportation around Disney will be? For those of us who are close to MK will the monorail or boats be up and working?

It's very frustrating. We haven't made a definite decision, but we will most likely cancel. Just too many unknowns.

The WL being our favorite during the holidays is what made us book it for this Dec. This makes me sad, but kind of makes our decision toward cancelling easier.

Hope you have a great trip!

I hope things work out the way you want.
We just found out both of reservations are moved, Wilderness is moved to GF
and we were told both Wilderness and AKL
won’t be opened next year either 😥.
Now we are hold😱 two hours seeing which
resort is “open “ for AKL week 12-5-12-20.

We just found out both of reservations are moved, Wilderness is moved to GF
and we were told both Wilderness and AKL
won’t be opened next year either 😥.
Now we are hold😱 two hours seeing which
resort is “open “ for AKL week 12-5-12-20.
Wow damn. That’s crazy it’ll be closed next year too. The entire year? 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter