Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re currently booked for 8 nights in September but pretty sure we want to reschedule. This was to be our toddler’s first trip (rescheduled from May) and the restrictions, while more than understandable, severely limit her already limited options.

We figure our money is better spent towards a blowout trip for the 50th anniversary next year. Since it seems like a universal understanding that WL is the best resort for Christmas, any Lodge pros know when it usually gets all decked out? We were thinking October/November for our trip and if I lean November I want to make sure we get the full impact of a completely decorated resort.

any Lodge pros know when it usually gets all decked out? We were thinking October/November for our trip and if I lean November I want to make sure we get the full impact of a completely decorated resort.
The resorts start getting decorated around the middle of November but can be as late as the day before Thanksgiving. The dates are chosen by lottery so it changes every year.

The resorts start getting decorated around the middle of November but can be as late as the day before Thanksgiving. The dates are chosen by lottery so it changes every year.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. Now we're considering the first week of December, just to make sure we get the full effect. My daughter was obsessed with Christmas trees for her first Christmas. I feel like we need to wait a couple weeks longer and really blow her mind at Disney.

Anyone have their WL reservation for sept thru the end of the year have Disney change it ? Just curious. Lots of chatter on the Club level thread of AKL reservations and even some yacht club rooms being changed

Anyone have their WL reservation for sept thru the end of the year have Disney change it ? Just curious. Lots of chatter on the Club level thread of AKL reservations and even some yacht club rooms being changed

All club level WDW-wide is not available with no resumption date, which is why the AKL club level reservations are being changed [as likely are ones at other resorts, though I've only been reading the AKL equivalent thread to this thread]. In addition, there was a period of time when there were issues with AKL Jambo DVC reservations and they were being moved to Kidani; this would have also affected the DVC Club level rooms there. It seems the Jambo DVC issue has been sorted, but the club level closure remains.

I saw on the Disney changed resort thread reports that people booked at YC/BC got moved to Fort Wildnerness Cabins

We will be staying in a Copper Creek studio (cash reservation). Does anyone know if you can request a high chair from Mousekeeping?

We will be staying in a Copper Creek studio (cash reservation). Does anyone know if you can request a high chair from Mousekeeping?
There may be one in the closet when you arrive along with the pack and play.

We stayed in a CC studio and I don't remember seeing a high chair, just a pack n play. I would call or email ahead of time and make that request. The studio is pretty narrow and there's not a ton of space. But then, we used the pull out couch and that's probably why I remember there being so little room to move around. You'll be fine as long as the couch is closed.

We stayed in a CC studio and I don't remember seeing a high chair, just a pack n play. I would call or email ahead of time and make that request. The studio is pretty narrow and there's not a ton of space. But then, we used the pull out couch and that's probably why I remember there being so little room to move around. You'll be fine as long as the couch is closed.

Thanks for the info! We will have the couch closed and we live in a condo in the city so we're used to small spaces.

DW and I are booked for CC in Dec, first time staying there as new DVC members. Really looking forward to this trip, just hoping things get better by then. Christmas crowds used to scare me, now they terrify me! But we gotta have some magic...

If I want to move my Dec 2020 reservation to Dec 2021 I have to wait till 499 days, right? I checked online and nothing available and I think thats why....

If I want to move my Dec 2020 reservation to Dec 2021 I have to wait till 499 days, right? I checked online and nothing available and I think thats why....
Disney is only taking resort reservations through Sept 26, 2021. I assumed that it had something to do the 50th anniversary on Oct 1, 2021, but I could be wrong. ;)

Anyone have a theory why Wilderness Lodge is among the resorts not included in the 2021 release today?

Anyone have a theory why Wilderness Lodge is among the resorts not included in the 2021 release today?

Only the resorts with announced reopening dates are available for booking right now. WL (non DVC) hasn’t been announced yet, so it’s not bookable.

This concerns me because I have a January reservation. I’ve been trying to call to add my daughter’s name to the room, and was going to ask what course of action to take regarding the possibility that the resort will not be open yet. I expect them to be told to hold tight, because it may well be open by then.

So it seems the verdict is to keep watching for an opening date.

We are booked at WL (non DVC) for the first week of November. Right now we’re going to hold tight and see if an opening date gets announced because we really want to stay here, but how long do we wait??

We are booked at WL (non DVC) for the first week of November. Right now we’re going to hold tight and see if an opening date gets announced because we really want to stay here, but how long do we wait??
We're booked there for Thanksgiving week...crossing my fingers at the moment.

Only the resorts with announced reopening dates are available for booking right now. WL (non DVC) hasn’t been announced yet, so it’s not bookable.

This concerns me because I have a January reservation. I’ve been trying to call to add my daughter’s name to the room, and was going to ask what course of action to take regarding the possibility that the resort will not be open yet. I expect them to be told to hold tight, because it may well be open by then.

So it seems the verdict is to keep watching for an opening date.
I'm concerned also. I have a reservation for the first week of December (non-DVC). I've called Disney reservations twice over the last several days and was told both times that I should wait and not change the reservation, that the WL may open in time for my dates. Then I read this morning that the WL being excluded from reservations for 2021. .....and of course today, I can't even get in the queue to speak with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter