• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at BRV a week from today and I can let you know as the decorations are supposed to be up on Saturday.

I think I read somewhere (maybe this thread or the AKL one) that decorations are supposed to start going up 11/6, but won't be done until the Friday after Thanksgiving (not sure if the poster meant Black Friday or 12/4). Hopefully you get to see some next week! Magic Kingdom has already put up some decorations (including the tree!) and changed over to Jingle Cruise! :cool1:

Right! Is it true the yellow bus line runs from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge and vice versa?

I'm not sure what the "yellow bus line" is referring to, but there are regular Disney buses running between WL and FW. When we were there in early Oct it became a bit of a joke for us. We'd be standing and waiting for a bus to a theme parks or Disney Springs and it seemed every other bus was going to FW instead. OK - that's a bit of an exaggeration, but we almost always saw at least one (often more than once) FW bus before the one we wanted showed up.

Does anyone know if the walking path from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness has reopened now that they've tabled Reflections?

I think I read somewhere (maybe this thread or the AKL one) that decorations are supposed to start going up 11/6, but won't be done until the Friday after Thanksgiving (not sure if the poster meant Black Friday or 12/4). Hopefully you get to see some next week! Magic Kingdom has already put up some decorations (including the tree!) and changed over to Jingle Cruise! :cool1:

be still my Heart!!! is this true? I will be on property November 20th and would love to see some Disney x-mas decoration magic to warm my soul!

If anyone knows, kindly confirm.

It’s been a rollercoaster to get here, but I’m officially 100% totally going to Disney this week! I had a CCV villa booked 11/2-11/6 but as I’m in New York, the 14 day quarantine upon return was a real sticking point as I can’t work from home. I finally gave up all hope this past week and cancelled my trip Wednesday night.
So imagine my surprise yesterday afternoon as I’m minding my own business and what do I see but news that Cuomo changed the quarantine restrictions.
My first instinct was to cry.
My second was to throw up.
My third was to buckle down and book like I’ve never booked before and within two hours I had a CCV studio, round trip flights, a car rental, and a quarantine plan upon return (thank goodness for rapid testing).
Now I want to cry tears of happiness. I’m flying out this Tuesday (I already voted - I had planned well in advance to not be here for Election Day) and I’m staying until the 6th. I’ll be spending my birthday in my happy place and I could not feel better about it. It’s one less day (I need to pack SOMETHING) and not my original room but just knowing I’m going to finally see the lodge again...it’s such a rush.

It’s been a rollercoaster to get here, but I’m officially 100% totally going to Disney this week! I had a CCV villa booked 11/2-11/6 but as I’m in New York, the 14 day quarantine upon return was a real sticking point as I can’t work from home. I finally gave up all hope this past week and cancelled my trip Wednesday night.
So imagine my surprise yesterday afternoon as I’m minding my own business and what do I see but news that Cuomo changed the quarantine restrictions.
My first instinct was to cry.
My second was to throw up.
My third was to buckle down and book like I’ve never booked before and within two hours I had a CCV studio, round trip flights, a car rental, and a quarantine plan upon return (thank goodness for rapid testing).
Now I want to cry tears of happiness. I’m flying out this Tuesday (I already voted - I had planned well in advance to not be here for Election Day) and I’m staying until the 6th. I’ll be spending my birthday in my happy place and I could not feel better about it. It’s one less day (I need to pack SOMETHING) and not my original room but just knowing I’m going to finally see the lodge again...it’s such a rush.

Congratulations on recovering your magical birthday vacation and for also excursing your civic duty!

I'm not sure what the "yellow bus line" is referring to, but there are regular Disney buses running between WL and FW. When we were there in early Oct it became a bit of a joke for us. We'd be standing and waiting for a bus to a theme parks or Disney Springs and it seemed every other bus was going to FW instead. OK - that's a bit of an exaggeration, but we almost always saw at least one (often more than once) FW bus before the one we wanted showed up.

If I’m not mistaken, the “yellow” bus is what the WL-FW bus becomes when it gets to FW as it will usually start running the yellow internal FW route after its stop at the Settlement Depot.

Does anyone know if the walking path from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness has reopened now that they've tabled Reflections?

Unless it has opened very recently and not reported yet, no, it’s not open.

I had read awhile back they had left it torn up when they stopped the Reflections construction work and it didn’t appear like anything was being done to reopen the path.

The decorations go up in the Deluxe resorts as a lottery. we stayed at WL the week before thanksgiving in 2014, 2015, and 2016. ( now we stay the week after) one year the tree was up the Thursday before thanksgiving, so a whole week ahead ,thus this year around Nov. 19 th. The next year ,we kept asking the front desk each night when we went back tot he Lodge. Found out the night they were doing it,set our alarms and got up at 2 am to watch . So cool , but that was later,the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week

be still my Heart!!! is this true? I will be on property November 20th and would love to see some Disney x-mas decoration magic to warm my soul!

If anyone knows, kindly confirm.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Deluxe resorts decorating the prior to Thanksgiving

I had read awhile back they had left it torn up when they stopped the Reflections construction work and it didn’t appear like anything was being done to reopen the path.
We took a bus to WL for lunch at Geyser Point last Wednesday and we saw that the walking path is torn up and blocked off. We asked our server at GP if he knew anything about the walking path. He said that he hadn't heard anything, which isn't usual, btw, but believes that Disney has no plans to reopen it soon.

We took a bus to WL for lunch at Geyser Point last Wednesday and we saw that the walking path is torn up and blocked off. We asked our server at GP if he knew anything about the walking path. He said that he hadn't heard anything, which isn't usual, btw, but believes that Disney has no plans to reopen it soon.
Thanks to you and @GADisneyDad14 .

It's a shame about the walking path being torn up. I was hoping to use it to jog over to and around Ft. Wilderness.

Can someone please tell me the hours that the pools are open? I know someone posted it before but for the life of me I can't find it now. Thank you.

Can someone please tell me the hours that the pools are open? I know someone posted it before but for the life of me I can't find it now. Thank you.

The feature pools property wide have been 10am-10pm since Labor Day weekend based on reports I see across the resort threads. I keep assuming we may be close to a seasonal hours change here at some point soon, but a big TBD on that.

The leisure pool is 7am-11pm.

We were there late September and drove right up to the path behind the new stables, on bikes. It is fully torn up and needs to be repaved. My guess is its in a holding pattern until Reflection's fate is finally determined and they move forward in some way with that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter