Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This will not help those housekeeping issues get any better that were discussed a few posts back!
The fact that they're providing pee pads disturbs me. YC is fortunate (I guess) in that the floors are laminate, but POR has carpet and... well... let's all do the math on that one. Are they planning to shampoo that carpet when pet families check out?

The fact that they're providing pee pads disturbs me. YC is fortunate (I guess) in that the floors are laminate, but POR has carpet and... well... let's all do the math on that one. Are they planning to shampoo that carpet when pet families check out?

Well, it's my understanding that POR will be having a refurb after POFQ in the Spring....so they are probably planning to pull up the carpet at that time.

I'm a newbie and have been lurking for the past month, soaking up everyone's knowl edge about YC/BC. So thank you to all of the regular posters, you've made me so excited for my April 30 - May 6 stay!

However, I'm really nervous about today's announcement. One extended family member is terrified of dogs, after a bad bite. Will they be able to enjoy their vacation if dogs are out and about in public spaces? What are the rules about where dogs can go and how will they be enforced? Most importantly, what about SAB?

I adore my pup but I (selfishly) wish they would have chosen a different resort.

I'm a newbie and have been lurking for the past month, soaking up everyone's knowl edge about YC/BC. So thank you to all of the regular posters, you've made me so excited for my April 30 - May 6 stay!

However, I'm really nervous about today's announcement. One extended family member is terrified of dogs, after a bad bite. Will they be able to enjoy their vacation if dogs are out and about in public spaces? What are the rules about where dogs can go and how will they be enforced? Most importantly, what about SAB?

I adore my pup but I (selfishly) wish they would have chosen a different resort.
I have stayed in many, many dog friendly hotels. I've never seen dogs out and about in these hotels or wandering around in the lobbies. YC is the only one with interior entrances to their rooms, and I wonder if they'll only allow dogs in first floor rooms so they can enter & exit from the outside (through the balcony doors). People will let them out to go potty, and I'm sure Disney will have designated dog walks available for that. I can't imagine that Disney (of all places) will make their hotels significantly more dog friendly than any other hotel I've stayed at with my dogs (one of them literally allowed any pet and gave you treats when you checked in and the animals still weren't in the lobby area), so your family member should be fine. Just don't go through a stroll in the dog potty area. I have never stayed at a hotel that allowed dogs in the rooms and then let them in the pool. That would honestly be the most insane thing ever. I'm sure the rules at Disney are going to be the same, if not more limiting, than every other hotel. It's not like dogs are going to be roaming the hallways and dining areas. They're not turning the hotel into a dog park, just allowing them in the rooms like any other pet friendly hotel. Go check the website of a random nice Marriott or Hilton and about half of them are dog friendly. It's usually in small print on the side of the screen. I really wouldn't worry, unless your family member always confirms with every hotel, restaurant, and store that they enter that they do not allow dogs. It's a surprisingly common thing that's increasing in the US. Of course, if they are truly unable to stay at the YC because of this, I would call Disney and switch to the Beach Club. It's the same resort but with different décor. The fact that YC is allowing them & not BC should also tell you a lot - clearly they won't be in the pool area (does any hotel allow that?!) or common spaces.

You family member should also know that service dogs are allowed in the parks, and when I was there this week all of the parks had police dogs sniffing guests as they went through security, so if they are afraid they should be made aware that they will see dogs in & around the parks.

Honestly, I don't think you'll see that many dogs. The number of people who 1) are willing to spend $75/night (as @MusicalAstronaut points out the going rate is $20) and 2) are happy to leave said pet in a single room alone for hours on end is going to be, IMHO, seriously limited.

You could also add a room request that says something along the lines of "terrified of dogs, please do not place us next to a room with a dog" idk how that's gonna go down but this is all new territory for everyone. [ETA: if this is a concern, I like the above suggestion from @MusicalAstronaut to consider switching to BC better than my room request idea! Also, I'd like to nominate @MusicalAstronaut as our resident Hotel Pet Expert! Got some super helpful info that is helping to alleviate some of my fears at least!]

As for SAB "Only licensed service animals are allowed in Food & Beverage locations, the Club Lounge, Pool Areas, Fitness Centers and other public Guest areas." is what I read. Also, they are not allowed in Disney Springs or theme parks. Basically they're allowed in their rooms and outside walking paths and parks is how I read that. And logically in the lobby because their owners have to check in?

They are allowed on Disney's Magical Express but they have to be in a pet carrier so if flying in might want to consider alternate transportation.

Last edited:
Disney needs to add this new policy to their resort booking engine, so guests are fully aware, before they book, of this policy change.

I wonder if those booking by phone are advised of the new policy to accept dogs in the guest rooms at the four resorts.
I would think only if they asked. It's not something I've ever heard a hotel specifically mention when booking a room...

I have stayed in many, many dog friendly hotels. I've never seen dogs out and about in these hotels or wandering around in the lobbies. YC is the only one with interior entrances to their rooms, and I wonder if they'll only allow dogs in first floor rooms so they can enter & exit from the outside (through the balcony doors). People will let them out to go potty, and I'm sure Disney will have designated dog walks available for that. I can't imagine that Disney (of all places) will make their hotels significantly more dog friendly than any other hotel I've stayed at with my dogs (one of them literally allowed any pet and gave you treats when you checked in and the animals still weren't in the lobby area), so your family member should be fine. Just don't go through a stroll in the dog potty area. I have never stayed at a hotel that allowed dogs in the rooms and then let them in the pool. That would honestly be the most insane thing ever. I'm sure the rules at Disney are going to be the same, if not more limiting, than every other hotel. It's not like dogs are going to be roaming the hallways and dining areas. They're not turning the hotel into a dog park, just allowing them in the rooms like any other pet friendly hotel. Go check the website of a random nice Marriott or Hilton and about half of them are dog friendly. It's usually in small print on the side of the screen. I really wouldn't worry, unless your family member always confirms with every hotel, restaurant, and store that they enter that they do not allow dogs. It's a surprisingly common thing that's increasing in the US. Of course, if they are truly unable to stay at the YC because of this, I would call Disney and switch to the Beach Club. It's the same resort but with different décor. The fact that YC is allowing them & not BC should also tell you a lot - clearly they won't be in the pool area (does any hotel allow that?!) or common spaces.

You family member should also know that service dogs are allowed in the parks, and when I was there this week all of the parks had police dogs sniffing guests as they went through security, so if they are afraid they should be made aware that they will see dogs in & around the parks.

I’m fully aware other hotels are pet friendly. I personally stay in
Kimptons and Fairmonts, chains that have been pet friendly for years. And dogs are in the hallways, elevators, lobbies, etc in those places. So when I’m with this other family member we stay elsewhere.

(Edited to add: I’ve also seen them in bars (in purses) and restaurant patios/outdoor seating. In my experience, dogs are a visible presence at a pet-friendly hotel, especially at a hotel promoting it.)

It’s not “insane” to ask if dogs will be allowed in the pool area. Do I think they’ll be allowed in the pool? No. Could they be allowed to in the seating area? Don’t know yet. The announcement today was very light on details for something going into effect in a matter of days.

We’re in BC, so I’m trying to determine the impact and see if we need to move.

I know you love this policy but others don’t. Diff’rent strokes and all.

Service dogs/police dogs are a non-issue. They’re working. Not pets.

Last edited:

I think the bigger problem will be the people who will not adhere to Disney’s rules when it comes to their dogs. We’ve all seen, in the resorts & parks, the people who just don’t believe the rules apply to them. Some of those same people will bring their dogs & have the same attitude. And we’ve also all seen, cms turn a blind eye to the rule breaking. It’s going to be an issue.
Just my 2 cents.

I just realized something really critical about the choice of YC as the "pet friendly" locale.

Which Deluxe is the ONLY Deluxe without DVC rooms?

I’m fully aware other hotels are pet friendly. I personally stay in
Kimptons and Fairmonts, chains that have been pet friendly for years. And dogs are in the hallways, elevators, lobbies, etc in those places. So when I’m with this other family member we stay elsewhere.

(Edited to add: I’ve also seen them in bars (in purses) and restaurant patios/outdoor seating. In my experience, dogs are a visible presence at a pet-friendly hotel, especially at a hotel promoting it.)

It’s not “insane” to ask if dogs will be allowed in the pool area. Do I think they’ll be allowed in the pool? No. Could they be allowed to in the seating area? Don’t know yet. The announcement today was very light on details for something going into effect in a matter of days.

We’re in BC, so I’m trying to determine the impact and see if we need to move.

I know you love this policy but others don’t. Diff’rent strokes and all.

Service dogs/police dogs are a non-issue. They’re working. Not pets.
I do think it would be insane if they allowed dogs into the pool or pool area. There's absolutely no reason for that to be allowed. In the rooms or a patio at a restaurant? Sure. In a pool with people swimming? No way. Even when our park opens the pool for dogs at the end of the season, they don't allow people in the pool with them. So I don't see how Disney could allow dogs in or around the pool. You can't tie a dog to a pool chair and go swimming. That would be leaving the dog unattended and you're not allowed to do that at any hotel or restaurant I've been to. Disney already allows dogs at the campground but you are not allowed to leave them unattended at the campsite.

You said your family member was terrified of dogs, so logically service/police dogs would be an issue, which is why I tried to make you aware of other places they may encounter dogs. I'm terrified birds and I don't care if they're in a zoo, flying around that show in the animal kingdom, or dive bombing me at the beach, I'm going to scream & run. I was trying to address your concerns that you posted on here - you can always call Disney and ask them if you're truly worried about your stay. Obviously you're not going to get any official answers on here.

I don't see this lasting very long. Way too many potential issues.

I hope you are right. I like dogs, but we haven't had 1 in 10 years. We never let ours on the furniture & especially not on our beds. But I know that is not always the case. I don't want to put my face on a pillow where some dog's butt was laying. :crazy2: I have seen Disney housekeeping. They can't keep up with the dust & fuzz normally in any room. I just don't believe they'll get all the dog hair left behind either.

We love YC, it is our favorite resort. We have stayed water view Club level for 1 or 2 trips every year for about 20 years. I can only imagine how long it will be until people bring their dogs into the lounge. And then, I will definitely be done. I will be very sad to not stay there, but I am not liking a lot of the changes Disney has been making. It was a good run, but this one might just do me in. I had hoped to book a bounceback at YC when we are at CBR with our kids in December. I'll be watching for reports & complaints before then.

My main concerns are cleanliness and flea/tick control. When I was a kid we stayed one night at a pet friendly hotel because there weren’t any other options. We were covered head to toe in flea bites that itched for weeks, and had to take very stringent precautions to keep from bringing any in the house when we got home. I don’t feel Disney has enough housekeeping staff to give each room the time it will need to be fully cleaned and treated for pests between guests. They wouldn’t be testing giving gift cards at some resorts in lieu of housekeeping if they weren’t already having staffing issues. I also wouldn’t want to be the housekeeper who has to enter a room with loose dogs in it, as no mention of crating has been made so far in any of the Disney information I have read regarding this trial. Common sense says they should be crated, but if Disney doesn’t specifically state it, there will be loose dogs in rooms.

So knowing cleanliness and pests could be an issue, I can’t stay at these resorts anymore, because there will always be a risk that the non pet rooms will be overbooked and guests without pets will be placed in pet rooms. I won’t take the risk of getting flea bites.

I think the bigger problem will be the people who will not adhere to Disney’s rules when it comes to their dogs. We’ve all seen, in the resorts & parks, the people who just don’t believe the rules apply to them. Some of those same people will bring their dogs & have the same attitude. And we’ve also all seen, cms turn a blind eye to the rule breaking. It’s going to be an issue.
Just my 2 cents.

:worship: This . Exactly.

We will be checking in in 5 weeks and just got this email:

ZpTTdVoYb9if0091c8cisMyiBpPwnojqqCTOXa4ZdlpJ7YMy5o3ZJOB1fuIF2La_iuVHfryNbldnAqNX_d0J58hhNb9olp-3MnJ3iaDkBg=s0-d-e1-ft

XF89HwUM6k9QoVJ4tKMSYNCAUU3IS8xzjXu1lDS0xmRrBnxhuabLV9iL1UTrabqd6W0Jmdx__cbKVWF63UWu1MV515vd06ObYh7pAhehAuGY5_bjxsxUJgv0c4WrQYoK6_qcdumXVB6wLhuZ0qLXApQRRo1HfjGE770=s0-d-e1-ft

8Na6EcfyxkcTpmPNDxQCIFF8AgJTHuyGJeNzTlL31EiOL1ls9KcIQvZLEXaw7Dll6EMMTsQYu6XuwXE8vFRrlLamS8ZVgysAPoEP__8yPJcz9V_UGWQlv_SRZCX_NnloyvXfXaaqBN4IeUnqUh3Jv9ElkOKhjVcrEkE=s0-d-e1-ft

cEh6DfAtX7C1GZiwl0POy3E9FACtfdk6cgZooSUou66rx3gk1AosXdjFYOvOmiW53my6XADpRlqlifwafY216EDrgv7ft6IE5Cr24sH_8XjT9UnTcQfOyI87DOMlNzDF6aZsYpz3V9WYlPm3UQRNK9r3VJLMhJJBUOA=s0-d-e1-ft

Disney's Yacht Club Resort

October 2017
Dear xxxxxx Family,
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World®Resort as your vacation destination!

In the spirit of continually enhancing the Guest experience, we wanted to inform you of a change in our pet policy at select Disney Resort hotels. For a limited time, Disney's Yacht Club Resort will be welcoming dogs to stay in Guest rooms (fees and restrictions apply).

If you have any questions regarding this change or would like more information, please call 407-939-7539. Should you require additional assistance with your reservation, a Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation :
Arrival Date

XF89HwUM6k9QoVJ4tKMSYNCAUU3IS8xzjXu1lDS0xmRrBnxhuabLV9iL1UTrabqd6W0Jmdx__cbKVWF63UWu1MV515vd06ObYh7pAhehAuGY5_bjxsxUJgv0c4WrQYoK6_qcdumXVB6wLhuZ0qLXApQRRo1HfjGE770=s0-d-e1-ft

7Cyde2MYeC-y1xgz8KP0etntZzERWmWGUSh6O1kMrLmjzAIrVWDzrEGkYNwTfVtdY-cuatknX4VbmlsGquPHZwysFiLX_rAYJLHdFQsXllHJvJ5ypA=s0-d-e1-ft

I'm really most excited about the new merchandise that they're going to have at the hotels! I wouldn't actually bring my dogs because there's nothing dog friendly to do at Disney with them, and they would be much happier at home. But Dory and Belle need collars with their namesakes on them!

We will be checking in in 5 weeks and just got this email:

ZpTTdVoYb9if0091c8cisMyiBpPwnojqqCTOXa4ZdlpJ7YMy5o3ZJOB1fuIF2La_iuVHfryNbldnAqNX_d0J58hhNb9olp-3MnJ3iaDkBg=s0-d-e1-ft

8Na6EcfyxkcTpmPNDxQCIFF8AgJTHuyGJeNzTlL31EiOL1ls9KcIQvZLEXaw7Dll6EMMTsQYu6XuwXE8vFRrlLamS8ZVgysAPoEP__8yPJcz9V_UGWQlv_SRZCX_NnloyvXfXaaqBN4IeUnqUh3Jv9ElkOKhjVcrEkE=s0-d-e1-ft

cEh6DfAtX7C1GZiwl0POy3E9FACtfdk6cgZooSUou66rx3gk1AosXdjFYOvOmiW53my6XADpRlqlifwafY216EDrgv7ft6IE5Cr24sH_8XjT9UnTcQfOyI87DOMlNzDF6aZsYpz3V9WYlPm3UQRNK9r3VJLMhJJBUOA=s0-d-e1-ft

Disney's Yacht Club Resort

October 2017
Dear xxxxxx Family,
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World®Resort as your vacation destination!

In the spirit of continually enhancing the Guest experience, we wanted to inform you of a change in our pet policy at select Disney Resort hotels. For a limited time, Disney's Yacht Club Resort will be welcoming dogs to stay in Guest rooms (fees and restrictions apply).

If you have any questions regarding this change or would like more information, please call 407-939-7539. Should you require additional assistance with your reservation, a Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation :
Arrival Date

7Cyde2MYeC-y1xgz8KP0etntZzERWmWGUSh6O1kMrLmjzAIrVWDzrEGkYNwTfVtdY-cuatknX4VbmlsGquPHZwysFiLX_rAYJLHdFQsXllHJvJ5ypA=s0-d-e1-ft

Thanks for posting this. And glad they are saying "a limited time". Gives me hope that they will see most guests aren't in favor of this change & that will ditch it quickly.

Thanks for posting this. And glad they are saying "a limited time". Gives me hope that they will see most guests aren't in favor of this change & that will ditch it quickly.
Disney has indicated that they are accepting reservations for "dog friendly" rooms for check-ins until Oct 2018.

Disney has indicated that they are accepting reservations for "dog friendly" rooms for check-ins until Oct 2018.
I am so disappointed to hear Disney is doing a very long "test" of allowing dogs in some resorts. I am aware that service dogs are currently welcome, but that is an entirely different situation.
We were planning a stay at the Yacht Club, I am now reconsidering our choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter