Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just spent 40 minutes on the phone, trying to switch over to the BC, with no luck. The CM tried to get authorization from her lead to honor my YC discounted rate, but I was offered rack rate, which was about $150 more, per night, or I could book a suite, at about double the cost of my YC room.

It was stated that dog-friendly rooms will be run of the resort. If a guest has a dog allergy, they will do deep cleaning of the room. If someone is afraid of dogs, they will try to keep room away from dog-inhabited rooms.

Question .............
Does anyone know if they use/have Sobel blankets at the BC and/or YC?

My better half is addicted to these blankets , lol . (we actually have some we purchased direct from the Co. for our home)
They had them at GF, and BW during our last stay , so hoping they have them at BC for our upcoming trip in a week .
Note : NOT Vellux . Sobel is kind of like a very soft, high end version of the Vellux style.

REALLY dont want to have to lug a blanket along on vacation :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm ?
Thanks !

There are so many nice hotels that allow dogs - Disney was behind the curve on this one. I've stayed at many nice hotels that are pet friendly. I would venture to say that most people have stayed at pet friendly hotels that they never realized were pet friendly! The hotels usually charge quite a lot for it, so unless I plan on having my dog with me everywhere on my vacation (like when we go to north GA or to St. Augustine), I just leave mine home. It's no fun to travel with a dog unless you're really vacationing with them. It's quite a lot of work IMO. Disney is a leader in guest services so I'm sure they'll do what other hotels do which have specific rooms or sections of the hotels designated as dog friendly.

I also haven't heard a rash of news stories across the country about dogs attacking people at other dog friendly hotels or restaurants, so I don't see that being a huge localized issue at Disney either. They allow peanuts on air planes which will literally kill people with peanut allergies, and most people with pet allergies aren't going to die if someone half a building away has a dog in their room.

THIS.

I'm booked at YC from 10/29-11/2 and prior to that i'm staying at Universal's pet friendly Royal Pacific. I've stayed at all of Universal's pet friendly hotels and never had an issue. If I do have an issue, I know guest services will make it right.

We will be checking in in 5 weeks and just got this email:

Disney's Yacht Club Resort

October 2017
Dear xxxxxx Family,
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World®Resort as your vacation destination!

In the spirit of continually enhancing the Guest experience, we wanted to inform you of a change in our pet policy at select Disney Resort hotels. For a limited time, Disney's Yacht Club Resort will be welcoming dogs to stay in Guest rooms (fees and restrictions apply).

If you have any questions regarding this change or would like more information, please call 407-939-7539. Should you require additional assistance with your reservation, a Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation :
Arrival Date

XF89HwUM6k9QoVJ4tKMSYNCAUU3IS8xzjXu1lDS0xmRrBnxhuabLV9iL1UTrabqd6W0Jmdx__cbKVWF63UWu1MV515vd06ObYh7pAhehAuGY5_bjxsxUJgv0c4WrQYoK6_qcdumXVB6wLhuZ0qLXApQRRo1HfjGE770=s0-d-e1-ft

7Cyde2MYeC-y1xgz8KP0etntZzERWmWGUSh6O1kMrLmjzAIrVWDzrEGkYNwTfVtdY-cuatknX4VbmlsGquPHZwysFiLX_rAYJLHdFQsXllHJvJ5ypA=s0-d-e1-ft

Thank you so much for posting this!!! Disney really should be giving guests a heads up on this important policy change.

:thumbsup2

THIS.

I'm booked at YC from 10/29-11/2 and prior to that i'm staying at Universal's pet friendly Royal Pacific. I've stayed at all of Universal's pet friendly hotels and never had an issue. If I do have an issue, I know guest services will make it right.

I have stayed at the Hard Rock 3 times and I believe they are a dog friendly hotel as well. Do you know if there are particular wings that are for people booking with their pets or can they be found in any of the hotels' rooms?

:dogdance:

As someone else said, SO many hotels are pet-friendly now. Most people have probably stayed in one and not even realized it. I'm sure Disney will be no different. I actually think Disney will probably get less dogs than other ones because of the type/price of vacation that Disney is. Additionally, this quote "Each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas." makes it sound like they will have specific areas where only dog rooms will be.

ZpTTdVoYb9if0091c8cisMyiBpPwnojqqCTOXa4ZdlpJ7YMy5o3ZJOB1fuIF2La_iuVHfryNbldnAqNX_d0J58hhNb9olp-3MnJ3iaDkBg=s0-d-e1-ft

XF89HwUM6k9QoVJ4tKMSYNCAUU3IS8xzjXu1lDS0xmRrBnxhuabLV9iL1UTrabqd6W0Jmdx__cbKVWF63UWu1MV515vd06ObYh7pAhehAuGY5_bjxsxUJgv0c4WrQYoK6_qcdumXVB6wLhuZ0qLXApQRRo1HfjGE770=s0-d-e1-ft

8Na6EcfyxkcTpmPNDxQCIFF8AgJTHuyGJeNzTlL31EiOL1ls9KcIQvZLEXaw7Dll6EMMTsQYu6XuwXE8vFRrlLamS8ZVgysAPoEP__8yPJcz9V_UGWQlv_SRZCX_NnloyvXfXaaqBN4IeUnqUh3Jv9ElkOKhjVcrEkE=s0-d-e1-ft

cEh6DfAtX7C1GZiwl0POy3E9FACtfdk6cgZooSUou66rx3gk1AosXdjFYOvOmiW53my6XADpRlqlifwafY216EDrgv7ft6IE5Cr24sH_8XjT9UnTcQfOyI87DOMlNzDF6aZsYpz3V9WYlPm3UQRNK9r3VJLMhJJBUOA=s0-d-e1-ft

October 2017
Dear xxxxxx Family,
Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World®Resort as your vacation destination!

In the spirit of continually enhancing the Guest experience, we wanted to inform you of a change in our pet policy at select Disney Resort hotels. For a limited time, Disney's Yacht Club Resort will be welcoming dogs to stay in Guest rooms (fees and restrictions apply).

If you have any questions regarding this change or would like more information, please call 407-939-7539. Should you require additional assistance with your reservation, a Cast Member will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation :
Arrival Date

7Cyde2MYeC-y1xgz8KP0etntZzERWmWGUSh6O1kMrLmjzAIrVWDzrEGkYNwTfVtdY-cuatknX4VbmlsGquPHZwysFiLX_rAYJLHdFQsXllHJvJ5ypA=s0-d-e1-ft
I am checking in in less than two weeks and no such message received.

As someone else said, SO many hotels are pet-friendly now. Most people have probably stayed in one and not even realized it. I'm sure Disney will be no different. I actually think Disney will probably get less dogs than other ones because of the type/price of vacation that Disney is. Additionally, this quote "Each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas." makes it sound like they will have specific areas where only dog rooms will be.
I was told by a CM that the rooms will be run of the resort, as she read through FAQ on her computer.

If i was checking in soon and received this letter with virtually no warning I would be livid! It would be one thing if they announced this would go in effect 6 months from now. Another 2 days from now when people already have their plans in place with little to no wiggle room.

ZpTTdVoYb9if0091c8cisMyiBpPwnojqqCTOXa4ZdlpJ7YMy5o3ZJOB1fuIF2La_iuVHfryNbldnAqNX_d0J58hhNb9olp-3MnJ3iaDkBg=s0-d-e1-ft

8Na6EcfyxkcTpmPNDxQCIFF8AgJTHuyGJeNzTlL31EiOL1ls9KcIQvZLEXaw7Dll6EMMTsQYu6XuwXE8vFRrlLamS8ZVgysAPoEP__8yPJcz9V_UGWQlv_SRZCX_NnloyvXfXaaqBN4IeUnqUh3Jv9ElkOKhjVcrEkE=s0-d-e1-ft

cEh6DfAtX7C1GZiwl0POy3E9FACtfdk6cgZooSUou66rx3gk1AosXdjFYOvOmiW53my6XADpRlqlifwafY216EDrgv7ft6IE5Cr24sH_8XjT9UnTcQfOyI87DOMlNzDF6aZsYpz3V9WYlPm3UQRNK9r3VJLMhJJBUOA=s0-d-e1-ft

October 2017
Dear xxxxxx Family,

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC
Reservation :
Arrival Date

No message for me either and I check in in 29 days...

But really what's the point of warning you and saying you can call if they aren't going to do anything about it. Argh....

If i was checking in soon and received this letter with virtually no warning I would be livid! It would be one thing if they announced this would go in effect 6 months from now. Another 2 days from now when people already have their plans in place with little to no wiggle room.

I would think that the other people staying in the resorts in this scenario would not have booked rooms with dogs, as they would not have that opportunity back when they booked...I expect that the reservations that are now being taken that include pets will be mostly for quite a ways in the future....other than the service dogs that have always been welcome.

I agree that for most guests, the additional few dogs that start being included with reservations will not be an issue, and if, for some unforeseen reason, there is some kind of problem, that Disney will handle it.

No message for me either and I check in in 29 days...

But really what's the point of warning you and saying you can call if they aren't going to do anything about it. Argh....

There is a point to an adequate warning, they warn you to any upcoming construction at a resort at the time of booking so you can make a decision to stay elsewhere.

There is a point to an adequate warning, they warn you to any upcoming construction at a resort at the time of booking so you can make a decision to stay elsewhere.
A previous posted indicated they called and weren't given alternate similar arrangements which is what my comment is based off...

I just spent 40 minutes on the phone, trying to switch over to the BC, with no luck. The CM tried to get authorization from her lead to honor my YC discounted rate, but I was offered rack rate, which was about $150 more, per night, or I could book a suite, at about double the cost of my YC room.

It was stated that dog-friendly rooms will be run of the resort. If a guest has a dog allergy, they will do deep cleaning of the room. If someone is afraid of dogs, they will try to keep room away from dog-inhabited rooms.

And this is exactly why anyone with an issue should not book the four affected resorts. If pet rooms are run of the house, then there are NO guarantees you won't be dealing with issues from the prior guest's pet. Period. Unless I was standing in the room watching, I wouldn't trust any "deep cleaning" that was promised either. They would have to come and deep clean the room in front of me before I would bring any luggage into the room. I really love YC and it breaks my heart that I can no longer stay there. I am just hoping that it doesn't spread to all the resorts, or I won't be going to WDW at all. I live close enough that staying off property makes no sense. I want the entire Disney bubble experience. I know there are some responsible pet parents, just like there are some responsible parents of human children. And then there are the others . . . .but at least if there is an unruly child in a room, they probably won't leave fleas behind when they leave. I feel bad for people traveling in the next few months, as there is so little wiggle room now to change resorts.

I've got to say, this one has me scratching my head! (Hope it isn't the fleas...)

While I loved that Disney recently welcomed guests with pets who were in the path of Irma to their resorts (kudos) (also, might have been the law...), I'm not a fan of this being a permanent or even test policy. As others have said, this is not the best situation for the pets if the owners will be spending significant park time, or for other travelers who are in nearby rooms or have stays in a room post-pet.

While I love my farm animals and my house cats and miss them while I am away, I have never wished to have them on vacation with me. Roger snores, Sky the goat keeps butting into conversations and the pigs would hog the bed.

popcorn::

Last edited:
A previous posted indicated they called and weren't given alternate similar arrangements which is what my comment is based off...

I understand what you are saying but if I was at one of those said resorts and was leaving soon that answer would be unacceptable to me. I would def want to be compensated somehow (change of resort, Discount, fast passes etc) for lack of notice on this one. If i was paying almost 500 dollars a night and was jut notified of this I have serious issue with this. I know there are service dogs but those dogs are trained. housekeeping can barely keep up with the rooms to begin with. and just in general I really against this decision.

I understand that YC dog-friendly rooms will be limited to select rooms on the first floor, with dog paths and relief areas (for the dogs :)) located nearby.

I understand that YC dog-friendly rooms will be limited to select rooms on the first floor, with dog paths and relief areas (for the dogs :)) located nearby.
What if you are staying club level? Will you still get a first floor room?

And what happens when the Illuminations fireworks go off? Will the poor doggies get all upset and start barking?

This is really bad to have this great big surprise announced with only a few days notice and not enough information. How can the resort assign guests to dog friendly areas when they assign rooms days ahead of time but people are allowed to bring dogs without prior notice? I think if Disney is going to surprise everyone with this test they need to provide more information about how it will affect the resort and guests.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm thinking that Disney was "pressured" to offer this. I'm not sure by who; guests or some other group, but feel that there is some sort of trigger besides local competition. The best way to respond to pressure is to "pilot" the feature and then you'll have concrete reasons for why or why not this is a good fit for Disney. It's much easier to defend with real life situations [evidence] than to speculate why something theoretically does not work for Disney in this case. Give it a couple of months to see what actually transpires, but in my mind it's just a response for defense purposes.

I'm glad we're staying at BC. I love dogs, but I don't want to have to deal with them on vacation. In my opinion, they should stay home. Why would anyone put a dog through this- staying in a crate all day in an unfamiliar place. Dealing with all kind of noises, including fireworks, doors closing, people walking and talking in the hallways. What happens if a dog barks all day when the owner is at the park? Does the owner get a call telling them to come take care of the dog?

Like I said, I love dogs but they should stay home or in a kennel where someone can take care of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter