Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Earth Day.jpg

Does anyone have any environmentally friendly trips for vacation?
I bring a compact cloth shopping bag , the kind that fold up really small, and use it to carry groceries/ snacks/ souvenirs from the gift shops and parks. Means we don’t need to use so many plastic bags though I will confess that the Disney plastic bags do make me smile when I’m back home so if I get 1 out 2 I don’t fret about it😊

I bring a compact cloth shopping bag , the kind that fold up really small, and use it to carry groceries/ snacks/ souvenirs from the gift shops and parks. Means we don’t need to use so many plastic bags though I will confess that the Disney plastic bags do make me smile when I’m back home so if I get 1 out 2 I don’t fret about it😊

We reuse Disney bags from previous years. They are great for shoes, dirty laundry, damp bathing suits. I have one on my day bag too for purchases. They are so durable that I am still using one of the old yellow color bags. Thye might be 15 years old...

Trying to keep up with things - has anyone reported yet if the HH drink station is now open?

Will check this weekend!

Yes, YC has Keurigs. BC (I think) has a mix of Keurigs and those weird “coffee bag“ machines like at the values. BCV has 4 and 12 cup basket filter machines depending on the size of villa.

The Keurigs are one of the big reasons we stay at YC rather than BC, second only to the full balcony benefits.

Thanks for confirming! We were originally staying at BC then I watched some more room walkthrough videos and I was like "Wait a minute, YC has a Keurig and BC doesn't?" So between that and the had floors I switched to YC. But then I got nervous when I read more stuff and thought maybe only some rooms had Keurig machines.

I feel pretty lame at home much I was stressing over how I'm going to get my morning coffee 279 days from now haha! But hey, it's in the best interested of everyone that I have some coffee before I leave my room in the morning!

View attachment 569795

Does anyone have any environmentally friendly trips for vacation?

Here's mine. I "make" water. I fill up the room's ice bucket before going to bed and leave it to melt. In the morning, I fill our reusable water bottles with more ice, and the melted ice to take to the parks, or wherever I am going.

As an alternative, I sometimes purchase a gallon of water to use to refill the bottles or for the coffee machine instead of getting a case of bottled water.

I did reusable straws before it was "cool" lol. I also have a set of bamboo utensils from the French brand Monbento (I'm obsessed with their bento boxes and use them to bring lunch to work), and instead of Ziplocs I use Stasher reusable silicone bags for snacks/leftovers, keeping my phone dry on water rides/in rain, etc. Instead of throwaway ponchos, which make me feel like a gross thanksgiving turkey in a roasting bag anyway, I use a Columbia rain jacket that packs down into its own pocket, with a small travel umbrella. In general I am trying to minimize single use plastics though admittedly I still get a pack of water for the room from Instacart. I do refill my hydro flask in the parks with free ice water though. I really wish they had more of the bottle refill stations in the parks and some in resorts.

I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap and always bring a TSA friendly bottle of the peppermint variety (I decant out of my big one), it's good for everything if you dilute it, even laundry! But this is how I'm able to keep my straws and whatnot clean.

Thanks for confirming! We were originally staying at BC then I watched some more room walkthrough videos and I was like "Wait a minute, YC has a Keurig and BC doesn't?" So between that and the had floors I switched to YC. But then I got nervous when I read more stuff and thought maybe only some rooms had Keurig machines.

I feel pretty lame at home much I was stressing over how I'm going to get my morning coffee 279 days from now haha! But hey, it's in the best interested of everyone that I have some coffee before I leave my room in the morning!

We have never had a YC room without a Keurig. BC it’s been those weird machines most, maybe 75%, of the time. For easy reliable coffee, YC is the way to go. Stop at the Market at A&C and grab some additional sugar/creamers/milk on your way to the room the first day, the supplies are sometimes skimpy, and it’s only that crappy coffeemate substance rather than an actual dairy product. I prefer milk so I grab a pint and stick it in the room fridge.

I‘m the same way about that first coffee of the day. For the safety of everyone around me, and to insure it stays magical in the parks, a decent coffee is essential to start my day.

FYI: I walked thru the Market at the Yacht Club at 9:30 tonight & saw there is still a CM dispensing the soda & coffee. I didn’t check the BC market. The area where the beverages are is pretty tight at the YC, so it is possible they aren’t able to assure distancing if people do their own. Just a guess.

I wonder also if YC having a freestyle machine is a factor? Lots of extra touching on the screen vs the regular soda dispenser.

I wonder also if YC having a freestyle machine is a factor? Lots of extra touching on the screen vs the regular soda dispenser.
I had the same thought, although I read reports that it is now self-serve at Primo Piatto which also has the Freestyle machines. Who knows what the logic is (or if there is any logic at all. LOL)

I had the same thought, although I read reports that it is now self-serve at Primo Piatto which also has the Freestyle machines. Who knows what the logic is (or if there is any logic at all. LOL)

YC is too small to open up for self-serve. The machines have to be 6ft apart and/or separated by a barrier.

They haven't figured it all out there.

We just got back from our first stay at the yacht club and got (I think) unexpectedly upgraded! We had a water view room and we were assigned room 4201 which was huge and had glass doors to separate the room from the room the pull out couch was located. Anyone know about this room? I don’t see a category for it online but in the future I’d like to book it if possible because it was perfect with 3 adults and a baby.

We just got back from our first stay at the yacht club and got (I think) unexpectedly upgraded! We had a water view room and we were assigned room 4201 which was huge and had glass doors to separate the room from the room the pull out couch was located. Anyone know about this room? I don’t see a category for it online but in the future I’d like to book it if possible because it was perfect with 3 adults and a baby.

Nice! That’s one of the very few Deluxe Rooms at YC, if I’m not mistaken: https://www.disboards.com/threads/y...ease-post-your-pictures.3713381/post-59891460

Need some Stormalong Bay cabana information and thought this would be the best thread to ask! We are going on a multi-generational family trip in August of this year. *Edited to add: We are all staying at BCV.* We plan to book a cabana for a couple days of our 8-day stay. Because of the heat and a toddler, we plan to do a park in the morning and return to the resort for an afternoon of pool time. The full day option which the only available option right now actually works well for us. I know I can book 60 days out. Two questions:

1. Can we book 60 days out for the length of our stay like dining reservations (60+10)?
2. I know the capacity of the cabana is 6; we have 8 in our party. We will all be coming and going; will the 2 extra be allowed to visit as long as there is never more than 6 in the cabana? How easy is it to get 2 lounge chairs close to a cabana? TIA!

Last edited:
Looking at Yacht or Beach Club for last week of august. Any reason why a Deluxe Studio would be less per night than a garden/woods view standard room? If Disney eventually releases an end of summer room discount, would there be any exclusions for a deluxe studio?

We have both The Riviera and BCV booked for May 31st to June 6th, cancelling one today. Can someone give us an update on the pool situation at SAB? We will choose the Riviera if there are currently waits every day for SAB. We have active AP's so we'd prefer BCV to pop into Epcot(assuming a PP in these crazy times) but we have young kids so we swim A LOT. So pool access is top priority.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter