Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Apparently the drink station at the YC has opened for guest self-service. I haven't seen it myself but I told that it was open.

Any reports?

I hope you’re having a great trip! Can you confirm if they are offering in room dining?

I can’t believe it, but this weekend I’ll be back at the YC! :cool1:

This trip came up so fast, still doesn’t seem real that I’m actually going.

Anyways, if anyone wants me to check anything out while I’m there please let me know, happy to check on things!

If you go to SAB in the morning and then leave for lunch, does anyone know if you need to wait in line to get back in if it hits capacity? I assume you would, but I thought I’d check with you knowledgeable folks!

Page 1822-1824

Talking Trash:

From an old post on another website: "At the BCV, there's a trash room located at the corner of the main corridor and the 'jog' opposite pool-view rooms on every floor."

That description is kind of confusing, even to me. When I first go to my room, I try to pay attention to see if I walk past the trash room, so I know where it is. If I don't walk past it, I make a point of looking for it before I need it.

:thumbsup2

Others have already responded with detailed information, but thought I would give you a graphic of where the trash room and ice machine/beverage vending are located in the BCVs. The picture is for the first floor but is in the same spot for all 5 floors. The trash room is across the hall from room 138. It consists of a variety of average size recycling containers and one large garbage can. The ice and beverage vending are across from 136. Both were open in January when we were there. We also got daily trash service so didn't need to use it much!

View attachment 569613

There are no centralized or communal trash bins [rooms] at the YC or BC. This is a feature for the BCVs and all DVC resorts for that matter. If you do run into a situation where you need trash attended to, just call housekeeping and request that they address it.

:thanks: all!

************************************************************************************************

I'm excited to hear this news! Is this now in place at the YC and BC?

:welcome: to the thread! Do you have an upcoming trip here?

:goodvibes

I am looking to check in this summer like 9:45a in order to have access to the pool right away at 10a especially with the capacity situation. Has anyone done this? Has anyone had trouble checking in that early to get pool access?

:fish:

Same as wilkydelts-we will arrive from a different hotel we stayed in the night before in our swimsuits and modest clothing-like coverups to drop off our bags at Bell Services and head right to the pool asap. Interested in these responses as well-We requested early check in but will be prepared if we can't!

As others have mentioned, you will not have a problem with access to the pool once you have checked in. Just be aware that currently, Stormalong Bay does not open until 10 am. Hoping this will change to 9 am soon for the warmer summer months.

:beach:

You can use the pool as you want on check in day, you will not be turned away, but you may have trouble finding somewhere to change. Most pool showers/changing rooms at WDW resorts are currently closed, not sure about SAB.

:welcome:

Clever screen name!

Yes, the SAB shower/locker room is currently closed.

I have used the rest room near Beaches & Cream as a changing room in the past, before the locker rooms were built.

::yes::

Does anyone know where the trash bins are at the Yacht Club? (not BVC)

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:cool1:

Thanks for confirming! We were originally staying at BC then I watched some more room walkthrough videos and I was like "Wait a minute, YC has a Keurig and BC doesn't?" So between that and the had floors I switched to YC. But then I got nervous when I read more stuff and thought maybe only some rooms had Keurig machines.

I feel pretty lame at home much I was stressing over how I'm going to get my morning coffee 279 days from now haha! But hey, it's in the best interested of everyone that I have some coffee before I leave my room in the morning!

Not lame at all!

As I often point out, asking about the coffee maker in the room is always my first question when I am staying at a new resort, and was my first question here on this thread. I have brought a new coffee maker when I had stays at an All Star prior to them having coffee makers in the room. I am a big fan of the Maxwell House Filter Pads for use in Mr. Coffee Maker type machines so I don't have to deal with filters/loose coffee. Not useful for BC/YC, though, since they have Keurigs or Cuisinarts.

☕

Page 1825-1827

I can’t believe it, but this weekend I’ll be back at the YC! :cool1:

This trip came up so fast, still doesn’t seem real that I’m actually going.

Anyways, if anyone wants me to check anything out while I’m there please let me know, happy to check on things!

Hope you are having a fantastic time!

:woohoo:

QUOTE="Kaufeegurl, post: 62903033, member: 627796"]
Need some Stormalong Bay cabana information and thought this would be the best thread to ask! We are going on a multi-generational family trip in August of this year. *Edited to add: We are all staying at BCV.* We plan to book a cabana for a couple days of our 8-day stay. Because of the heat and a toddler, we plan to do a park in the morning and return to the resort for an afternoon of pool time. The full day option which the only available option right now actually works well for us. I know I can book 60 days out. Two questions:

1. Can we book 60 days out for the length of our stay like dining reservations (60+10)?
2. I know the capacity of the cabana is 6; we have 8 in our party. We will all be coming and going; will the 2 extra be allowed to visit as long as there is never more than 6 in the cabana? How easy is it to get 2 lounge chairs close to a cabana? TIA!
[/QUOTE]

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

See below for a tip on booking the cabanas. They have been in high demand.

:cool2:

Just wanted to share for all those hoping to book cabanas. I had the number stored in my phone & watched the second hand on my clock & called just as it struck 7am. Once the recorded message moves to your options I hit 3 immediately rather than waiting to hear my choices. The next menu began in which the cabana option is just remain on the line. A CM answered immediately! I was able to book my first choice of date which is halfway through our trip. The same CM also offered to help with dining while I was on the line. I know many people have reported waiting on hold for hours so just wanted to share & hopefully help someone!

Thanks again for this helpful tip- I have added this info to the Cabana section on Page 1, Post 2.

I hope you’re having a great trip! Can you confirm if they are offering in room dining?

8-)

Looking at Yacht or Beach Club for last week of august. Any reason why a Deluxe Studio would be less per night than a garden/woods view standard room? If Disney eventually releases an end of summer room discount, would there be any exclusions for a deluxe studio?

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

As others have posted, a regular room at the Beach Club or Yacht Club is more comfortable and have more sleeping spaces than the Beach Club Villas studio.

We have both The Riviera and BCV booked for May 31st to June 6th, cancelling one today. Can someone give us an update on the pool situation at SAB? We will choose the Riviera if there are currently waits every day for SAB. We have active AP's so we'd prefer BCV to pop into Epcot(assuming a PP in these crazy times) but we have young kids so we swim A LOT. So pool access is top priority.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Which resort did you choose?

What is the Riviera pool like?

There are also 3 leisure pools at the resort that will not have any access issues, as well as a separate kiddie pool with slide underneath the stairs to the Jib Slide.

Well boo....called right at 7 am EST on our 60 day mark to book a cabana and nothing. :sad:

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June. Which resort?

I'm sorry to hear about the cabana.

:hug:

Very excited to join this happy group! Taking the family for a combined Disney-Universal stay at the end of August-early September (our kids don't go back to school until after Labor Day). We had originally planned on CBR, but I decided we should splurge and go for the Beach Club, which is a brand new Disney property for us. Since we'll have five in the room and my kids are all older (15, 13 and 11 by the time we go) and not super small, the larger room will be a big plus. We're also really excited about Stormalong Bay. And I was a little apprehensive about late summer/early fall storms interrupting Skyliner service, so being able to walk to Epcot and DHS is going to be a much better option, especially since we like to hop to Epcot after days in other parks to gorge ourselves and enjoy fabulous drinks. Counting the days!!!

Sounds like an incredible trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

(This is a continuation of the "Does Garden Grocer really only deliver after 4:00 pm" discussion.)

I don't know if you can have Garden Grocer deliver the day before you arrive.

Garden Grocer delivers to Bell Services.

When the groceries are delivered, I have never heard that Bell Services looks at a list to see if the guest will be arriving that day. I would think that would be problematic. What happens if the guest has every intention of arriving on the same day as their groceries, but their flight gets cancelled and they can't arrive until the next day?

When you ordered from Amazon in the past, did you use Amazon Prime? That would not have gone to Bell Services. That would have gone to the YC/BC Convention Center (if shipped by UPS or FedEx) or the front desk (if shipped by USPS). I have shipped packages to myself via FedEx. They arrived days before I did. It was never a problem. But that was pre-COVID.

There has been a difference between something that gets "shipped" (UPS, FedEx, USPS) versus something that gets "delivered" (by someone who does not work for that type of company).

Thanks for this info and analysis.

We’ve ordered from Amazon Fresh several times, including twice in the last six months during the pandemic, and Bell Services has held on to it for our arrival the next morning the one time it was delivered the night before we arrived. So long as there isn’t alcohol within the order they can leave it at Bell Services.

Thanks for the confirmation!!!

:thanks:

Why hello everyone it has been a bit since my last post but, Drove past the beach club last night and it kinda bugged me to know it been over a year since I stepped foot into the lobby. But it is good to know only about another month til the resort reopens and I have that chance.

:welcome: back!

:wave2:

We won't be staying at YC this September. We have switched over to BWI water view.

Thanks for letting us know!

Have a magical trip.

Is Crew Cup open? My DH wants to go in September to Prime Rib sliders.

Which resort are you staying at in September?

If you go to SAB in the morning and then leave for lunch, does anyone know if you need to wait in line to get back in if it hits capacity? I assume you would, but I thought I’d check with you knowledgeable folks!

When is your trip? Which resort?

That's a great question. I don't know. I believe that you will receive a wrist band when you enter Stormalong Bay. I'm not sure if that will give you immediate access if there is a line to get in. I don't think so, since guests are currently being directed to lounge chairs, so if there is a line, there probably aren't empty seats.

:crowded:

Page 1825-1827

Hope you are having a fantastic time!

:woohoo:

QUOTE="Kaufeegurl, post: 62903033, member: 627796"]
Need some Stormalong Bay cabana information and thought this would be the best thread to ask! We are going on a multi-generational family trip in August of this year. *Edited to add: We are all staying at BCV.* We plan to book a cabana for a couple days of our 8-day stay. Because of the heat and a toddler, we plan to do a park in the morning and return to the resort for an afternoon of pool time. The full day option which the only available option right now actually works well for us. I know I can book 60 days out. Two questions:

1. Can we book 60 days out for the length of our stay like dining reservations (60+10)?
2. I know the capacity of the cabana is 6; we have 8 in our party. We will all be coming and going; will the 2 extra be allowed to visit as long as there is never more than 6 in the cabana? How easy is it to get 2 lounge chairs close to a cabana? TIA!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

See below for a tip on booking the cabanas. They have been in high demand.

:cool2:

Thanks again for this helpful tip- I have added this info to the Cabana section on Page 1, Post 2.

8-)

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

As others have posted, a regular room at the Beach Club or Yacht Club is more comfortable and have more sleeping spaces than the Beach Club Villas studio.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Which resort did you choose?

What is the Riviera pool like?

There are also 3 leisure pools at the resort that will not have any access issues, as well as a separate kiddie pool with slide underneath the stairs to the Jib Slide.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June. Which resort?

I'm sorry to hear about the cabana.

:hug:

Sounds like an incredible trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

Thanks for this info and analysis.

Thanks for the confirmation!!!

:thanks:

:welcome: back!

:wave2:

Thanks for letting us know!

Have a magical trip.

Which resort are you staying at in September?

When is your trip? Which resort?

That's a great question. I don't know. I believe that you will receive a wrist band when you enter Stormalong Bay. I'm not sure if that will give you immediate access if there is a line to get in. I don't think so, since guests are currently being directed to lounge chairs, so if there is a line, there probably aren't empty seats.

:crowded:
[/QUOTE]

We are staying at the YC from June 23-27 before moving to CR from June 27-30. SO excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter