Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1825-1827

Hope you are having a fantastic time!

:woohoo:

QUOTE="Kaufeegurl, post: 62903033, member: 627796"]
Need some Stormalong Bay cabana information and thought this would be the best thread to ask! We are going on a multi-generational family trip in August of this year. *Edited to add: We are all staying at BCV.* We plan to book a cabana for a couple days of our 8-day stay. Because of the heat and a toddler, we plan to do a park in the morning and return to the resort for an afternoon of pool time. The full day option which the only available option right now actually works well for us. I know I can book 60 days out. Two questions:

1. Can we book 60 days out for the length of our stay like dining reservations (60+10)?
2. I know the capacity of the cabana is 6; we have 8 in our party. We will all be coming and going; will the 2 extra be allowed to visit as long as there is never more than 6 in the cabana? How easy is it to get 2 lounge chairs close to a cabana? TIA!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

See below for a tip on booking the cabanas. They have been in high demand.

:cool2:

Thanks again for this helpful tip- I have added this info to the Cabana section on Page 1, Post 2.

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

8-)

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

As others have posted, a regular room at the Beach Club or Yacht Club is more comfortable and have more sleeping spaces than the Beach Club Villas studio.

::yes::

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Which resort did you choose?

What is the Riviera pool like?

There are also 3 leisure pools at the resort that will not have any access issues, as well as a separate kiddie pool with slide underneath the stairs to the Jib Slide.

:fish:

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for June. Which resort?

I'm sorry to hear about the cabana.

:hug:

Sounds like an incredible trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

Thanks for this info and analysis.

::yes::

Thanks for the confirmation!!!

:thanks:

:welcome: back!

:wave2:

Thanks for letting us know!

Have a magical trip.

:thumbsup2

Which resort are you staying at in September?

:goodvibes

When is your trip? Which resort?

:cool1:

That's a great question. I don't know. I believe that you will receive a wrist band when you enter Stormalong Bay. I'm not sure if that will give you immediate access if there is a line to get in. I don't think so, since guests are currently being directed to lounge chairs, so if there is a line, there probably aren't empty seats.

:crowded:
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! We’re staying at BCV from 8/21-8/26, so we’re definitely interested in some pool time!

New to the board! We booked Thanksgiving week 2021 at YC. So excited! It's just myself, my husband and my son. In the past, we've gone on larger extended family trips so we are looking forward to the "ease" of moving around with just us 3 :) Very curious to see what things look like at that time... will they increase capacity? will fast passes come back? will we be able to eat at liberty tree on thanksgiving? :rolleyes1 will we still be wearing masks? So many questions that cannot be answered! LOL.

Storm Along Bay Question:

Has anyone had recent experience with brining their own floats/inner tubes to SBA ? I know in the past they allowed it as long as the inner tube/float was clear, but that was before COVID.

Rant coming on: I am so done with Disney (sort of, for now).

The parks are more crowded than they’ve ever been. Even pre-pandemic. I do not see how this is 35%-50% capacity.

I am doing the employees jobs all the time, by having to order my food, my face stuck in a phone for EVERYTHING...pretty soon I am going to have to go back to the kitchen and cook my meal myself! I am so sick of lines, stores are closed everywhere in every park, it’s absolutely ridiculous.

Housekeeping has been horrendous at yacht club, We have no toilet paper, no towels, no trash bags, etc. I addressed the manager (politely) on this fact. We checked in on Friday...it’s now Monday. Guess I will have to mobile order the cleaning of my room, too.

When the marketplace opened, there was NO hot food ready. Everything bottlenecks at the condiment section. So many cast members look like they just rolled out of bed, after having slept in their outfit/uniform.

The filthy elevator four days in is still filthy, not even swept.

I will post more later, but right now I can’t see coming back until Disney gets their act together. A cast member just told me today that you can’t even get your food unless you have a phone. I don’t consider any of this “service.” !! The mobile ordering and mobile of everything is not helping any of the lines. In fact they are actually longer now. It’s just a mess. If I am going to have to go to more effort then take 10% off my bill, cause you aren’t paying the cast members to do the service.

Some of you will rag on me saying you love mobile this or that, or this is just the way it’s going to be. But our experience has not been relaxing at all.

Rant over. I can breathe now. Thanks for indulging me

The parks are more crowded than they’ve ever been. Even pre-pandemic. I do not see how this is 35%-50% capacity.

I am doing the employees jobs all the time, by having to order my food, my face stuck in a phone for EVERYTHING...pretty soon I am going to have to go back to the kitchen and cook my meal myself! I am so sick of lines, stores are closed everywhere in every park, it’s absolutely ridiculous.

Housekeeping has been horrendous at yacht club, We have no toilet paper, no towels, no trash bags, etc. I addressed the manager (politely) on this fact. We checked in on Friday...it’s now Monday. Guess I will have to mobile order the cleaning of my room, too.

When the marketplace opened, there was NO hot food ready. Everything bottlenecks at the condiment section. So many cast members look like they just rolled out of bed, after having slept in their outfit/uniform.

I will post more later, but right now I can’t see coming back until Disney gets their act together. A cast member just told me today that you can’t even get your food unless you have a phone. I don’t consider any of this “service.” !! The mobile ordering and mobile of everything is not helping any of the lines. In fact they are actually longer now. It’s just a mess. If I am going to have to go to more effort then take 10% off my bill, cause you aren’t paying the cast members to do the service.

Some of you will rag on me saying you love mobile this or that, or this is just the way it’s going to be. But our experience has not been relaxing at all.

Can someone give this person the email address for the YC/BC general manager?

I am certain you're not alone in your feelings. I personally think it's all about expectations. There is a reason that even as AP holders, we're not going back until it's basically "back to normal". Our AP's are gonna expire in July and the jury is still out as to whether we're gonna renew. I doubt things will look close to "normal" until some time in 2022. I applaud you're being willing to share, knowing flaming is coming:).

I have found that submitting feedback via the QR code that runs on the resort TV station often yields quick contact from managers on duty or similar positions. They used to put this QR code on a letter left in the room, but not so much since Covid. They also sometimes send an email during your stay with the same link to give feedback (I sometimes get this email and sometimes don’t). If there and truly encountering manager level/need help now problems, I’d be using this feature, it’s pretty handy.

If you are still on site, I suggest going to the Front Desk and let them know you need to speak with the Duty Manager, who will have the power to manage and address your issues.

I'm back home now. {sigh}. We were at YC from 4/18 through 4/23 and had a wonderful stay. I reserved a "garden/woods" view and were assigned to room 4082 which, I believe, is a water view because we looked out over the quiet pool. I'd have actually preferred a garden or woods view, but the room was great. While the reduced housekeeping isn't ideal, the housekeepers did check in with us every other day. After the first night, I took out our trash because we had a bit from our travel day and because I'd had a Garden Grocer delivery. I noticed that many others just left bags of trash in the hallway and that was kind of gross.

For the days I expected the limited housekeeping, I left a note and a tip on the bed asking that trash be removed, towels switched out, coffee added, and bags for the ice bucket be left. The first of our housekeeping check in days, the housekeeper knocked on our door and asked what we needed. I told her and she quickly came back with everything and took our trash. I gave her the note and tip. The second time we had housekeeping, the housekeeper did everything on our list. We made the beds ourselves and that was not a big deal as we do that at home. They brought us lots of coffee and tea pods. Oh, I'd also asked for another body lotion tube and I think the housekeeper brought us 4. They also left all new toiletries on the second visit -- also replaced our toilet paper which didn't really need to be replaced yet.

We only went to the Marketplace once when I needed a Mickey Bar one night. I only used the quiet pool, so didn't ever check out SAB. We went to HH once and had great service.

Room 4082 has a connecting door to 4084. The bathroom had a tub and a great shower. There were two queen beds and a daybed.

The evening of our first night, someone was smoking on a nearby balcony. We were angry but just closed the door and went to bed. We never noticed smoke again after that first disappointing night. I was able to do yoga every morning on the balcony with only the pleasant breeze and quiet sounds around me.

That was our experience. It sounds like there are inconsistencies in housekeeping. I'm intending to go back sometime this summer.

Thanks for sharing your views, I don't consider them rants but valid guest comments and feedback.
Capacity is lower but there are not shows open (people eaters by the 100s) or long standby queue lines open to absorb guests in very large volumes.
I am with you on this but did you wait until to day to address this with the Manager? There is one available 24 hours per day. Did you call housekeeping and speak directly the the HK manager?
A cast member just told me today that you can’t even get your food unless you have a phone.
This is simply either confusion or a poorly trained CM.
Please keep us updated on your visit. Hopeful that your experiences improve.

Dave

We are currently booked May 31-June 6 at the BC and are moving to Universal afterward. We only bought 4 day tickets and were thinking about adding the 5th day but now the only park left is Epcot. So, now we are considering dropping our last night and moving to Universal early. My question is that we have a cabana for Saturday June 5th. If we decide to check out that day, are we still allowed to rent the cabana?

I'm back home now. {sigh}. We were at YC from 4/18 through 4/23 and had a wonderful stay. I reserved a "garden/woods" view and were assigned to room 4082 which, I believe, is a water view because we looked out over the quiet pool. I'd have actually preferred a garden or woods view, but the room was great. While the reduced housekeeping isn't ideal, the housekeepers did check in with us every other day. After the first night, I took out our trash because we had a bit from our travel day and because I'd had a Garden Grocer delivery. I noticed that many others just left bags of trash in the hallway and that was kind of gross.

For the days I expected the limited housekeeping, I left a note and a tip on the bed asking that trash be removed, towels switched out, coffee added, and bags for the ice bucket be left. The first of our housekeeping check in days, the housekeeper knocked on our door and asked what we needed. I told her and she quickly came back with everything and took our trash. I gave her the note and tip. The second time we had housekeeping, the housekeeper did everything on our list. We made the beds ourselves and that was not a big deal as we do that at home. They brought us lots of coffee and tea pods. Oh, I'd also asked for another body lotion tube and I think the housekeeper brought us 4. They also left all new toiletries on the second visit -- also replaced our toilet paper which didn't really need to be replaced yet.

We only went to the Marketplace once when I needed a Mickey Bar one night. I only used the quiet pool, so didn't ever check out SAB. We went to HH once and had great service.

Room 4082 has a connecting door to 4084. The bathroom had a tub and a great shower. There were two queen beds and a daybed.

The evening of our first night, someone was smoking on a nearby balcony. We were angry but just closed the door and went to bed. We never noticed smoke again after that first disappointing night. I was able to do yoga every morning on the balcony with only the pleasant breeze and quiet sounds around me.

That was our experience. It sounds like there are inconsistencies in housekeeping. I'm intending to go back sometime this summer.
I've seen a few comments on trash and just leaving it outside your room, but you said you took your trash out. Where did you take it?

I have found that submitting feedback via the QR code that runs on the resort TV station often yields quick contact from managers on duty or similar positions.
Yea and there are more features coming to a Flat Screen in your room in addition to the QR Codes, Itinerary review and Photo viewing that as appeared. I stayed away from and "mobile" methods based on the feedback from @Lisann above.

I use tech everyday IRL so can agree and understand a desire to avoid going full "mobile" while on vacation. For other guests many of the newest mobile options and features appear to be overwhelming due to the pace that Covid-19 pushed Disney to rapidly roll multiple "Touch-less" guest interactions and meet social distancing challenges.

Dave

We stay DVC 7 nights and decline housekeeping the entire time and just wash our own towels. I don't really get the need for daily room service, ever. Unless people are just more sloppy when on vacation because its not their home.

We never stay regular resort side, do they not do the daily trash emptying with the security check like they do in the DVC rooms? At trash lined walk to my room would anger me as well.

We stay DVC 7 nights and decline housekeeping the entire time and just wash our own towels
The biggest challenge is the towels in the regular resort rooms. Just not enough space to allow towels to dry multiple times per day and still access the bathroom space. We shower in the morning, after the pool and again after returning from the park in the evening. Note: Think guest party of 4 trying this on a daily basis...

Trash has always been an issue in the hallways if not the Private Dining(PD) trays in the hallways. PD trays are not a mousekeeping task when PD was widely available. This will return. In the distant past there were CMs always roaming the hallways.

Dave

We are currently booked May 31-June 6 at the BC and are moving to Universal afterward. We only bought 4 day tickets and were thinking about adding the 5th day but now the only park left is Epcot. So, now we are considering dropping our last night and moving to Universal early. My question is that we have a cabana for Saturday June 5th. If we decide to check out that day, are we still allowed to rent the cabana?

Since you have access to the pool on your check out day, I don’t see why renting a cabana would be an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter