Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi. We are staying at the BCV next month and plan to spend our check-in day at SAB (arriving early~by 9:00 most likely). Can anyone who has been recently report about if there is still a waitlist to get into the pool if it reaches capacity? Is that still happening? If so, when do they reach capacity (in general)? If we need to eat lunch and want something from the BC Marketplace, can you leave SAB and return without waitlisting again? Just trying to be prepared. TIA.

Hi. We are staying at the BCV next month and plan to spend our check-in day at SAB (arriving early~by 9:00 most likely). Can anyone who has been recently report about if there is still a waitlist to get into the pool if it reaches capacity? Is that still happening? If so, when do they reach capacity (in general)? If we need to eat lunch and want something from the BC Marketplace, can you leave SAB and return without waitlisting again? Just trying to be prepared. TIA.

We have been here since 7/3. The only time that I was not able to enter the pool was due to weather condition, never a capacity issue.

We have been here since 7/3. The only time that I was not able to enter the pool was due to weather condition, never a capacity issue.
Awesome! Thanks, I was hoping that the waitlist had been eliminated for capacity issues. Completely understand closing for weather--I usually expect the pools to close pretty much every afternoon in the summer at some point due to weather. That I can live with--I just didn't want to have an unhappy DH & DS waiting to get into the pool.

We are planning on spending a day at SAB and would have probably gotten lunch from Hurricane Hannah’s from the poolside servers. Can we still get lunch there, and can we still order from roaming servers?
Anyone? It’s tomorrow we are planning this if the weather cooperates. If HH doesn’t even have food let alone poolside servers, where do you get a quick lunch while at the pool?

Anyone? It’s tomorrow we are planning this if the weather cooperates. If HH doesn’t even have food let alone poolside servers, where do you get a quick lunch while at the pool?
There were definitely poolside servers when we were there at the beginning of June, not sure if they can bring you food or not, since we didn't use them ( I would assume they could though). You can order food from the bar side of HH though. We saw several people waiting in line to order burgers, etc. Hope that helps.

There were definitely poolside servers when we were there at the beginning of June, not sure if they can bring you food or not, since we didn't use them ( I would assume they could though). You can order food from the bar side of HH though. We saw several people waiting in line to order burgers, etc. Hope that helps.
Thank you, it does! Hopefully it will work then, as long as it isn’t storming.

Been thinking more about my recent trip. I’m normally not really a complainer, and take most things in stride - especially coming out of Covid and such. But I have to say the HH setup really did bug me. So slow, understaffed, the line was always very long. They need to open the food window and drink station ASAP in my opinion.

I had a lot of tolerance for it last fall when we stayed at YC, but the same conditions (if not worse now) all these months later while other things have reopened fully left me a bit down. HH’s is usually one of the best parts of a YC/BC trip for us, but now I dreaded it almost every time.

Anyway, don’t mean to complain, certainly the definition of a first world problem. More just sharing experiences. Hope it changes soon.

Been thinking more about my recent trip. I’m normally not really a complainer, and take most things in stride - especially coming out of Covid and such. But I have to say the HH setup really did bug me. So slow, understaffed, the line was always very long. They need to open the food window and drink station ASAP in my opinion.

I had a lot of tolerance for it last fall when we stayed at YC, but the same conditions (if not worse now) all these months later while other things have reopened fully left me a bit down. HH’s is usually one of the best parts of a YC/BC trip for us, but now I dreaded it almost every time.

Anyway, don’t mean to complain, certainly the definition of a first world problem. More just sharing experiences. Hope it changes soon.
I think a lot of us, especially repeat visitors have certain expectations for our visits, including me. I also think our tolerance for the unexpected bad experiences is better, mostly because we view it as a ”one-off”. It has been a slow recovery in my mind for many Disney aspects but don't need to go there now. I was going to ”report” you to the moderator for ”complaining” but took the high road!

At least open the refill station. I don't understand why it isn't open. Refill stations seem to be open everywhere else, including inside the BC/YC.

We noticed similar issues across Epcot today. Only one register at most establishments were open, causing exceptionally long and slow moving lines. It’s obvious the lack of cast members is having a profound impact on the experience...

I think a lot of us, especially repeat visitors have certain expectations for our visits, including me. I also think our tolerance for the unexpected bad experiences is better, mostly because we view it as a ”one-off”. It has been a slow recovery in my mind for many Disney aspects but don't need to go there now. I was going to ”report” you to the moderator for ”complaining” but took the high road!

Wait, we can’t complain on DISBoards? Guess I have a lot of points to go give out. 😂

1876-1877

Are the refillable mug stations at Beach Club still letting you just show a pic of your mugs or do you have to have the mugs with you to get refills now?

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip?

:goodvibes

Room request question here. We are staying at BC in July and our cousins are also booked at BC BUT they arrive there two days prior to us. We both have garden view rooms booked. Is there a way to reserve adjoining rooms even though we arrive two days later than they do. We check out on the same day. Any info on how to go about doing this is appreciated!

As suggested, contact Central Reservations Office and let them know you are traveling with the other party.

Hope you have a great trip!

:cool1:

Just booked our first stay at the Yacht Club for Epcot's 40th anniversary (and following our first sailing on the Disney Wish). I've always wanted to stay here so I'm very excited! Check-in Oct 2, 2022, check out Oct 8, 2022. Just my DH and I, and we will be celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary.

Sounds like a fabulous anniversary celebration.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me which (if any) character references there are around Beach Club? Ex. statues, paintings, etc.? Is it very "Disney"?

:welcome: to this thread!

Excellent question!

There are some subtle Disney touches, but I wouldn't say the resort "screams" Disney. It has been awhile since I have stayed there, but at that time you could find things like pictures of Mickey within sandcastle pictures and things like that. I would say that the resorts are more faithful to theming (nautical for YC, beachside resort for BC) than to Mickey & the gang.

::MickeyMo

My family returned about 1-month ago. All 6 days of our trip there were no waits and that was for day visits and night visits to SAB. Perhaps we were lucky and missed the crowded times?

Does anyone know if the coffee bar in the solarium is open? and if so does it still open at 5:30?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter